January 2021 Transfer Thread

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

User avatar
deadendjob
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 5709
Joined: Sat May 19, 2012 2:56 pm
Location: Auckland, New Zealand

Re: January 2021 Transfer Thread

Post by deadendjob » Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:06 am

Satch wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:41 pm
deadendjob wrote:
Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:57 pm
Giorgio wrote:
Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:47 pm
...quite funny that every where he went on loan in the past the club received requests from those clubs to sign him permanently....
....so west London is the only place where he never showed all of his qualities so highly appreciated elsewhere... :roll: :roll:
To be fair, he's dropped down a level elsewhere. He's had the chance to prove he's championship quality on numerous occasions and failed to do so.
That's not strictly true. He looked good when he took over from Ingram, he just wasn't suited to the way MW wants to play and his confidence nose-dived in no small part by our fans being on his back constantly which is about as self-defeating as you can get.

I'd be happy for us to drop the fee to get a decent sell-on clause or see if we can work out a deal if that midfielder is up to it.
I don't think Lumley had ever looked championship quality. He commands the box poorly, he's not a shot stoppper, often slow to come out, his distribution is suspect and his mistakes resulted in goals against us (albeit his defence have done him little favours on occasion).
In saying that, the behaviour from our fans undoubtedly had an affect on his confidence, but he really hasn't ever looked the part.
Image

User avatar
Rbee
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 5807
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:01 pm
Location: Swinedon

Re: January 2021 Transfer Thread

Post by Rbee » Sun Jan 03, 2021 10:28 am

Arsenal, Crystal Palace and Leeds United are all believed to be monitoring Queens Park Rangers goalkeeper Seny Dieng.

The Sunday Mirror (03.01.21, pg.73) report that a number of Premier League clubs have the stopper on their radar as a potential back-up option in their respective squads.

No surprise I suppose. The one thing I have never understood is why it took so long for Seny to be our number one.

User avatar
deadendjob
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 5709
Joined: Sat May 19, 2012 2:56 pm
Location: Auckland, New Zealand

Re: January 2021 Transfer Thread

Post by deadendjob » Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:24 pm

Rbee wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 10:28 am
Arsenal, Crystal Palace and Leeds United are all believed to be monitoring Queens Park Rangers goalkeeper Seny Dieng.

The Sunday Mirror (03.01.21, pg.73) report that a number of Premier League clubs have the stopper on their radar as a potential back-up option in their respective squads.

No surprise I suppose. The one thing I have never understood is why it took so long for Seny to be our number one.
It's a bit early for that. Lad has only made circa 11 starts for us (according to wiki). Sure he's doing well, but Prem clubs aren't going to take on an inexperienced GK with a quarter or even half a season in the Championship played
Image

User avatar
Rbee
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 5807
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:01 pm
Location: Swinedon

Re: January 2021 Transfer Thread

Post by Rbee » Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:11 am

We have agreed a deal with Sheffield Wednesday for Jordan Rhodes.

Whether that means he is coming or not I don’t know as other clubs could arrange the same deal?

User avatar
dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007
Posts: 13778
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:21 pm
Location: Just over the border...

Re: January 2021 Transfer Thread

Post by dm » Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:47 am

Rbee wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:11 am
We have agreed a deal with Sheffield Wednesday for Jordan Rhodes.

Whether that means he is coming or not I don’t know as other clubs could arrange the same deal?
Where is this reported, Rbee? I really, really hope this is trash talk. Rhodes' last decent season was 5 years ago. If Wednesday don't want him, why on earth would we?

User avatar
Rbee
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 5807
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:01 pm
Location: Swinedon

Re: January 2021 Transfer Thread

Post by Rbee » Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:04 am

@efl-hub on Twitter dm.

We would want him if he was cheap.

User avatar
Rbee
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 5807
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:01 pm
Location: Swinedon

Re: January 2021 Transfer Thread

Post by Rbee » Mon Jan 04, 2021 11:18 am

QPR goalkeeper Dillon Barnes has been recalled from Hibernian.

Presumably Joe Lumley’s move will go through

User avatar
dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007
Posts: 13778
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:21 pm
Location: Just over the border...

Re: January 2021 Transfer Thread

Post by dm » Mon Jan 04, 2021 11:38 am

Rbee wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 11:18 am
QPR goalkeeper Dillon Barnes has been recalled from Hibernian.

Presumably Joe Lumley’s move will go through
Hopefully it's not a precursor to Dieng moving on.

User avatar
Rbee
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 5807
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:01 pm
Location: Swinedon

Re: January 2021 Transfer Thread

Post by Rbee » Mon Jan 04, 2021 2:31 pm

dm wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 11:38 am
Rbee wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 11:18 am
QPR goalkeeper Dillon Barnes has been recalled from Hibernian.

Presumably Joe Lumley’s move will go through
Hopefully it's not a precursor to Dieng moving on.
Wouldn't that be a huge mistake.

User avatar
n22hoop
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 1669
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 9:09 am
Location: Northern Britain

Re: January 2021 Transfer Thread

Post by n22hoop » Mon Jan 04, 2021 4:53 pm

QPR winger Bright Osayi-Samuel has reportedly accepted a pre-contract offer from Turkish giants Fenerbahçe.

So says the Scottish Sun.
"Football is the love of form. A spectacle that scarcely leaves a trace in the memory and does not enrich or impoverish knowledge. This is its appeal : it is exciting and empty." Mario Vargas Llosa

User avatar
deadendjob
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 5709
Joined: Sat May 19, 2012 2:56 pm
Location: Auckland, New Zealand

Re: January 2021 Transfer Thread

Post by deadendjob » Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:21 pm

Rbee wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:04 am
@efl-hub on Twitter dm.

We would want him if he was cheap.
I'm not sure if that's a reliable source, but either way, Rhodes isn't the player he once was. If we're going to spunk money on a striker, let's at least get one that scores goals.
6 in 36 for Forest and 12 in 79 for Wednesday.
Image

IJM
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger
Posts: 638
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:21 pm
Location: Northamptonshire

Re: January 2021 Transfer Thread

Post by IJM » Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:33 pm

deadendjob wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:21 pm
Rbee wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:04 am
@efl-hub on Twitter dm.

We would want him if he was cheap.
I'm not sure if that's a reliable source, but either way, Rhodes isn't the player he once was. If we're going to spunk money on a striker, let's at least get one that scores goals.
6 in 36 for Forest and 12 in 79 for Wednesday.
Yeah but we are QPR - nothing surprises me with the dreadful transfer decisions of the past - we simply never learn from our endless mistakes.

I also heard today that Fleetwood have parted company with a certain Mr. Barton, I wonder how long it will be before he is linked with us as our new Manager ?

User avatar
dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007
Posts: 13778
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:21 pm
Location: Just over the border...

Re: January 2021 Transfer Thread

Post by dm » Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:35 pm

IJM wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:33 pm
deadendjob wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:21 pm
Rbee wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:04 am
@efl-hub on Twitter dm.

We would want him if he was cheap.
I'm not sure if that's a reliable source, but either way, Rhodes isn't the player he once was. If we're going to spunk money on a striker, let's at least get one that scores goals.
6 in 36 for Forest and 12 in 79 for Wednesday.
Yeah but we are QPR - nothing surprises me with the dreadful transfer decisions of the past - we simply never learn from our endless mistakes.

I also heard today that Fleetwood have parted company with a certain Mr. Barton, I wonder how long it will be before he is linked with us as our new Manager ?
Sherwood with Barton as assistant. The dream team.

User avatar
Greyhound
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 1575
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:19 pm
Location: Near Lewes, E Sussex

Re: January 2021 Transfer Thread

Post by Greyhound » Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:47 pm

I certainly think Rhodes is worth the gamble - if the terms are right. We clearly need some instant answers up front, which means someone who has scored regularly at this level before. There are not going to be many affordable options. If we can get him on a short-term contract for a fraction of his current salary, then he would be a good signing. Plus, he's Scottish, which means he will fit in well at least!

User avatar
deadendjob
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 5709
Joined: Sat May 19, 2012 2:56 pm
Location: Auckland, New Zealand

Re: January 2021 Transfer Thread

Post by deadendjob » Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:53 pm

Greyhound wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:47 pm
I certainly think Rhodes is worth the gamble - if the terms are right. We clearly need some instant answers up front, which means someone who has scored regularly at this level before. There are not going to be many affordable options. If we can get him on a short-term contract for a fraction of his current salary, then he would be a good signing. Plus, he's Scottish, which means he will fit in well at least!
I think the issue with Rhodes is we need to build the team around him for him to be successful - that's what they did at Blackburn. We're not doing that with our existing strikers, so that seems like a flawed strategy.

He's only got 6 months left on his contract, so I'm theory he shouldn't be too expensive. His wages are circa 35k, so he'll have to take a large pay cut
Image

Post Reply