Should BOS stay or leave next month?

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

Post Reply
User avatar
dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007
Posts: 13778
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:21 pm
Location: Just over the border...

Should BOS stay or leave next month?

Post by dm » Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:18 am

Kevin Gallen has made a good case for BOS staying at QPR next month. He's arguably our best attacking threat, defenders hate his pace, and any transfer income we might get from his sale would be off set several times over by the cost of relegation which, Gallen feels, BOS is key to us avoiding.

However, for me, if we were offered several £m, I don't see how we could turn it down. We need the money just to keep operating, selling on players is our model of business, and BOS hasn't turned in a decent performance for months. And, I suspect his under par performances would only get worse if we stood in the way of a move. In short, he's not much of an attacking threat at the moment and wouldn't help us much to avoid relegation.

Celtic and Rangers appear to have been interested in BOS for months now. A little bidding war between them would be great. We'd get some much needed money into the club and other players would have their chance to step up.

carrotstick
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 1358
Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:34 pm

Re: Should BOS stay or leave next month?

Post by carrotstick » Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:24 am

If he wants to stay and his attitude is right he would be a better player than what we recruit, so I would keep for sure.

User avatar
UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend
Posts: 10442
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:45 pm

Re: Should BOS stay or leave next month?

Post by UxbridgeR » Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:41 am

dm wrote:
Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:18 am
Kevin Gallen has made a good case for BOS staying at QPR next month. He's arguably our best attacking threat, defenders hate his pace, and any transfer income we might get from his sale would be off set several times over by the cost of relegation which, Gallen feels, BOS is key to us avoiding.

However, for me, if we were offered several £m, I don't see how we could turn it down. We need the money just to keep operating, selling on players is our model of business, and BOS hasn't turned in a decent performance for months. And, I suspect his under par performances would only get worse if we stood in the way of a move. In short, he's not much of an attacking threat at the moment and wouldn't help us much to avoid relegation.

Celtic and Rangers appear to have been interested in BOS for months now. A little bidding war between them would be great. We'd get some much needed money into the club and other players would have their chance to step up.
I entirely agree with your assessment of his performances in recent months. Unfortunately his form has regressed, although I don't believe this has been down to any lack of effort on his part. As you say, a bidding war to bump up his price would be lovely, but I don't see it happening and I suspect he will leave for quite a small fee.

Ironically, at this point I think it might not be the worst thing for the team overall. We have other options in Adomah and Willock, and getting balls into the box earlier and more predictably might help Dykes and Bonne.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

User avatar
n22hoop
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 1669
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 9:09 am
Location: Northern Britain

Re: Should BOS stay or leave next month?

Post by n22hoop » Thu Dec 24, 2020 7:57 pm

UxbridgeR wrote:
Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:41 am
dm wrote:
Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:18 am
Kevin Gallen has made a good case for BOS staying at QPR next month. He's arguably our best attacking threat, defenders hate his pace, and any transfer income we might get from his sale would be off set several times over by the cost of relegation which, Gallen feels, BOS is key to us avoiding.

However, for me, if we were offered several £m, I don't see how we could turn it down. We need the money just to keep operating, selling on players is our model of business, and BOS hasn't turned in a decent performance for months. And, I suspect his under par performances would only get worse if we stood in the way of a move. In short, he's not much of an attacking threat at the moment and wouldn't help us much to avoid relegation.

Celtic and Rangers appear to have been interested in BOS for months now. A little bidding war between them would be great. We'd get some much needed money into the club and other players would have their chance to step up.
I entirely agree with your assessment of his performances in recent months. Unfortunately his form has regressed, although I don't believe this has been down to any lack of effort on his part. As you say, a bidding war to bump up his price would be lovely, but I don't see it happening and I suspect he will leave for quite a small fee.

Ironically, at this point I think it might not be the worst thing for the team overall. We have other options in Adomah and Willock, and getting balls into the box earlier and more predictably might help Dykes and Bonne.
Given his current poor form I'd be surprised if we got any more than we did for Manning. And if it's Rangers he goes to they'll probably look to swap him for that lad Warburton was keen on. The Northern Ireland chap who can't get in the team at the moment. Don't recall his name.
"Football is the love of form. A spectacle that scarcely leaves a trace in the memory and does not enrich or impoverish knowledge. This is its appeal : it is exciting and empty." Mario Vargas Llosa

User avatar
UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend
Posts: 10442
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:45 pm

Re: Should BOS stay or leave next month?

Post by UxbridgeR » Thu Dec 24, 2020 8:33 pm

n22hoop wrote:
Thu Dec 24, 2020 7:57 pm
Given his current poor form I'd be surprised if we got any more than we did for Manning. And if it's Rangers he goes to they'll probably look to swap him for that lad Warburton was keen on. The Northern Ireland chap who can't get in the team at the moment. Don't recall his name.
Jordan Jones. He's currently serving a seven game ban for breaching Covid regulations.

I was thinking the same thing about the fee for BOS. That will go down very badly so soon after Manning.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

User avatar
ZENITH R
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 9459
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:40 pm
Location: North Derbyshire

Re: Should BOS stay or leave next month?

Post by ZENITH R » Thu Dec 24, 2020 8:41 pm

Well, €5,000,000 was on the table 4 months ago. It would be some nose dive if we were only able to get a fraction of that.

I think he will go, because he doesn’t look to me like a player who wants to stay.
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

User avatar
n22hoop
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 1669
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 9:09 am
Location: Northern Britain

Re: Should BOS stay or leave next month?

Post by n22hoop » Thu Dec 24, 2020 9:46 pm

ZENITH R wrote:
Thu Dec 24, 2020 8:41 pm
Well, €5,000,000 was on the table 4 months ago. It would be some nose dive if we were only able to get a fraction of that.

I think he will go, because he doesn’t look to me like a player who wants to stay.
He's a great player but I'll be gutted if he stays and continues to play like he is at present.

I suspect we'll snap the hand off whoever offers north of £1m.
"Football is the love of form. A spectacle that scarcely leaves a trace in the memory and does not enrich or impoverish knowledge. This is its appeal : it is exciting and empty." Mario Vargas Llosa

User avatar
Systemsguy
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 5558
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:19 pm

Re: Should BOS stay or leave next month?

Post by Systemsguy » Thu Dec 24, 2020 9:53 pm

It's a buyer's market....£5M to a Belgium club he didnt ultimately fancy...
Don't remember anyone in the premier league being interested and he's not the same player as last season with his eyes elsewhere....

The season's a wreck for most clubs, get him for free in the summer (signing on fee excepted).....
2020/2021.... Keep Calm, no matter the season, we'll follow our team.....

Image

User avatar
deadendjob
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 5709
Joined: Sat May 19, 2012 2:56 pm
Location: Auckland, New Zealand

Re: Should BOS stay or leave next month?

Post by deadendjob » Fri Dec 25, 2020 5:49 pm

I find BOS quite frustrating at the moment.
He's arguably our best player, but seems more focussed on himself than the team. He does all the right things, then instead of playing a pass to one of his team mates, he regularly goes for glory. It's almost as if he's trying to prove his worth.
I think we'd be better cashing in while we have the chance.
Image

User avatar
Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip
Posts: 21572
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:17 pm
Location: Banbury, Oxon.

Re: Should BOS stay or leave next month?

Post by Esox Lucius » Sat Dec 26, 2020 9:20 am

Yes.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

User avatar
222gers
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 5304
Joined: Sat Feb 10, 2007 3:55 pm
Location: LONDON

Re: Should BOS stay or leave next month?

Post by 222gers » Sat Dec 26, 2020 10:31 am

Esox Lucius wrote:
Sat Dec 26, 2020 9:20 am
Yes.
Yes, we have no bananas ?

User avatar
QPR-NI
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 1722
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:21 pm
Location: CO Tyrone Northern Ireland

Re: Should BOS stay or leave next month?

Post by QPR-NI » Sat Dec 26, 2020 2:56 pm

He’s got no interest.

Take what we can get and adios.

User avatar
beaglebum
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 1299
Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2007 6:11 pm

Re: Should BOS stay or leave next month?

Post by beaglebum » Sat Dec 26, 2020 7:11 pm

As much as i hate to say it, unlike Eze and Adel he is not running games and changing the outcome of matches.
The team are not winning with him on the pitch so realistically he is not making a difference. Yet his transfer fee could pay for a couple of new players.

Its a shame as on his day he is a quality player and we need ho3m at his best.

User avatar
Rbee
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 5807
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:01 pm
Location: Swinedon

Re: Should BOS stay or leave next month?

Post by Rbee » Sun Dec 27, 2020 11:45 am

Kevin Gallen’s comments were based on BOS’s form a month ago but his form has really dipped now with the transfer window looming.

According to the media there are several interested clubs still so sell him.

User avatar
Systemsguy
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 5558
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:19 pm

Re: Should BOS stay or leave next month?

Post by Systemsguy » Sun Dec 27, 2020 3:31 pm

What Kevin Gallen says makes so much sense about the cost of relegation to what we can make off him in January BUT BOS eyes are not here when he plays and that's frustrating....

The only passion I've seen from him this season was going down on one knee with Chair after Chair scored at Millwall... and we didn't win that game in the end

I also hope he doesn't go north of the border to Celtic cut price mainly due to them feeling really smug that they had our trousers down with his contract running out in the summer... I know it's a rumour but really is quite credible...

I so wish he'd gone to Belgium in the summer.... It sours my memories of him like Manning...
2020/2021.... Keep Calm, no matter the season, we'll follow our team.....

Image

Post Reply