I will be the first!

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

deadendjob
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Re: I will be the first!

Post by deadendjob » Sun Dec 20, 2020 3:51 pm

n22hoop wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 5:32 pm

What would be the point in 'one more game'? Get rid and ask Chris Ramsey to step in again.
It's a bit early for Christmas drinking dontcha think?

n22hoop
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by n22hoop » Sun Dec 20, 2020 5:49 pm

deadendjob wrote:
Sun Dec 20, 2020 3:51 pm
n22hoop wrote:

What would be the point in 'one more game'? Get rid and ask Chris Ramsey to step in again.
Well I'd be happy if Chris Ramsey took over temporarily until perhaps Paul Cook took the reigns permanently.
"Football is the love of form. A spectacle that scarcely leaves a trace in the memory and does not enrich or impoverish knowledge. This is its appeal : it is exciting and empty." Mario Vargas Llosa

Montag
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Montag » Sun Dec 20, 2020 7:47 pm

n22hoop wrote:
Sun Dec 20, 2020 5:49 pm
deadendjob wrote:
n22hoop wrote:

Well I'd be happy if Chris Ramsey took over temporarily until perhaps Paul Cook took the reigns permanently.
He's got excellent relegation experience. How many EPL games did he win? 3? Luckily I was at 2 of them. :D
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."
Richard III, Act IV, W. Shakespeare

deadendjob
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by deadendjob » Sun Dec 20, 2020 8:45 pm

Montag wrote:
Sun Dec 20, 2020 7:47 pm
n22hoop wrote:
deadendjob wrote:

He's got excellent relegation experience. How many EPL games did he win? 3? Luckily I was at 2 of them. :D
Ramsey's definitely the right sort. 32 games, 9 wins, 6 draws, 17 loses. I'm absolutely frothing in anticipation for when we sack Loafman.

n22hoop
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by n22hoop » Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:11 pm

deadendjob wrote:
Sun Dec 20, 2020 8:45 pm
Montag wrote:
n22hoop wrote:

Ramsey's definitely the right sort. 32 games, 9 wins, 6 draws, 17 loses. I'm absolutely frothing in anticipation for when we sack Loafman.
You're fixating on Ramsey. You even went off and did your research. Well done you. I'm actually thinking beyond that. Like I said I'd be quite happy if Paul Cook took over.

I've done a little research too. With Warburton in charge we're 21st based on the last 10 performances. And we're 23rd based on the last 6 performances. So we're actually getting worse. You might be happy to stick with that sort of form but I'd be prepared to risk a change for the better good.
"Football is the love of form. A spectacle that scarcely leaves a trace in the memory and does not enrich or impoverish knowledge. This is its appeal : it is exciting and empty." Mario Vargas Llosa

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:11 pm

Come along gentlemen, drink up. Don't you have homes to go to?

deadendjob
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by deadendjob » Sun Dec 20, 2020 10:45 pm

n22hoop wrote:
Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:11 pm
deadendjob wrote:
Montag wrote:

You're fixating on Ramsey. You even went off and did your research. Well done you. I'm actually thinking beyond that. Like I said I'd be quite happy if Paul Cook took over.
My research consisted of a 10 second look on Wikipedia to illustrate how ridiculous your suggestion was. It didn't need an extensive investigation.
Irrespective of the duration, you're advocating for someone who failed miserably to be placed in charge.

n22hoop
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by n22hoop » Mon Dec 21, 2020 2:51 am

deadendjob wrote:
Sun Dec 20, 2020 10:45 pm
n22hoop wrote:
Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:11 pm
deadendjob wrote:

My research consisted of a 10 second look on Wikipedia to illustrate how ridiculous your suggestion was. It didn't need an extensive investigation.
Irrespective of the duration, you're advocating for someone who failed miserably to be placed in charge.
Don't let me stop you continuing to misinterpret my point.

jimjams
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by jimjams » Mon Dec 21, 2020 4:37 am

Don't worry, it won't be Ramsey anyway if MW goes.
Will be Tim Sherwood. Obviously.

carrotstick
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by carrotstick » Mon Dec 21, 2020 12:49 pm

No way will it be Sherwood.
It will be Alex Scott, she is getting just about every job going, so this is nailed on. Graeme Souness will be her assistant and they will be teaching the players the art of "The low Block" so all will be well.

Andy_N19
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Andy_N19 » Mon Dec 21, 2020 2:07 pm

carrotstick wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 12:49 pm
No way will it be Sherwood.
It will be Alex Scott, she is getting just about every job going, so this is nailed on. Graeme Souness will be her assistant and they will be teaching the players the art of "The low Block" so all will be well.
:D naughty
Staff Benda Bilili

Montag
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Montag » Mon Dec 21, 2020 8:55 pm

If MW gets the Order of the Iron Boot, and I don't think this is a good idea - yet, then they need to bring in some steely old bast type like Pulis or Warnock - someone to whip these players into some sort of shape and squeeze results out of them. Until a suitable replacement is available then MW should be left to get on with the job and given a chance to turn the corner. Talk of Ramsay is pure crap. With him in charge at the start of the 15/16 season, players were wandering about the pitch, strewn all over the place. No one really knowing what their job was, no one showing much commitment save for maybe CA. He is not a manager and never will be. Besides, why put the guy in that position again? He's doing OK where he is.
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."
Richard III, Act IV, W. Shakespeare

deadendjob
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by deadendjob » Tue Dec 22, 2020 5:19 pm

Montag wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 8:55 pm
Talk of Ramsay is pure crap. With him in charge at the start of the 15/16 season, players were wandering about the pitch, strewn all over the place. No one really knowing what their job was, no one showing much commitment save for maybe CA. He is not a manager and never will be. Besides, why put the guy in that position again? He's doing OK where he is.
Careful, you might be misinterpreting a point :wink:

Andy_N19
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Andy_N19 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 7:34 pm

Brentford predictably sweep Newcastle aside this evening.
As a benchmark club for us it makes our debacle even more apparent.

Broken record time - their recruitment policy works, ours in the main concentrates on players who can't run,
or have any technical ability in front of goal.
Staff Benda Bilili

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:25 am

Andy_N19 wrote:
Tue Dec 22, 2020 7:34 pm
Brentford predictably sweep Newcastle aside this evening.
As a benchmark club for us it makes our debacle even more apparent.

Broken record time - their recruitment policy works, ours in the main concentrates on players who can't run,
or have any technical ability in front of goal.
We have been to League cup final twice when they were nothing, we are the first team in West London to have won it. It's all cyclical. Spartak Busstop are just the latest stick to beat QPR with by fans after Swansea, Southampton etc. They have never won at Wembley, we have.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.