I will be the first!

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

ANDREW1302
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

I will be the first!

Post by ANDREW1302 » Sat Dec 19, 2020 4:57 pm

The performances are really poor. There is no cutting edge. Someone was responsible for signing Dykes and i think they should fall on their sword. With regard to Warburton, nice guy, poor squad but he seems to have lost any idea of what to do. It is always the same and whilst horrors to changing manager again i am not sure we have much choice. Something has to change as we do look like a bottom three side right now. Tough decision but i am coming around to the one more game and that is it view. Confidence is shot and we seemingly have no idea where the goal is. Even here we had to rely on an og.

n22hoop
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Re: I will be the first!

Post by n22hoop » Sat Dec 19, 2020 5:32 pm

ANDREW1302 wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 4:57 pm
The performances are really poor. There is no cutting edge. Someone was responsible for signing Dykes and i think they should fall on their sword. With regard to Warburton, nice guy, poor squad but he seems to have lost any idea of what to do. It is always the same and whilst horrors to changing manager again i am not sure we have much choice. Something has to change as we do look like a bottom three side right now. Tough decision but i am coming around to the one more game and that is it view. Confidence is shot and we seemingly have no idea where the goal is. Even here we had to rely on an og.
What would be the point in 'one more game'? Get rid and ask Chris Ramsey to step in again.
"Football is the love of form. A spectacle that scarcely leaves a trace in the memory and does not enrich or impoverish knowledge. This is its appeal : it is exciting and empty." Mario Vargas Llosa

UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by UxbridgeR » Sat Dec 19, 2020 5:43 pm

What makes you think Ramsey would be any better ?
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

old pauline
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by old pauline » Sat Dec 19, 2020 5:54 pm

ANDREW1302 wrote:
I can agree with that but I don't think any manager is going to turn the likes of Kane, Kakay, Wallace, Barbet, Hamalainen, Cameron, Bonne into accomplished players no matter what methods they have. They simply aren't good enough and in some ways the current regime is the best to deal with them because they know them best. My only comment is that MW is too rigid with his front four and the tactics that he deploys in getting them to build attacks. At the time I thought it was a big mistake to get rid of Big Matt Smith and I still believe he would have been very useful in winning the ball up front for us and being a foil for our smaller attacking players.
Come on you Sooopa ........

Damien
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Damien » Sat Dec 19, 2020 5:58 pm

old pauline wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 5:54 pm
ANDREW1302 wrote:
I can agree with that but I don't think any manager is going to turn the likes of Kane, Kakay, Wallace, Barbet, Hamalainen, Cameron, Bonne into accomplished players no matter what methods they have. They simply aren't good enough and in some ways the current regime is the best to deal with them because they know them best. My only comment is that MW is too rigid with his front four and the tactics that he deploys in getting them to build attacks. At the time I thought it was a big mistake to get rid of Big Matt Smith and I still believe he would have been very useful in winning the ball up front for us and being a foil for our smaller attacking players.
nailonhead :like

Rbee
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Rbee » Sat Dec 19, 2020 6:06 pm

old pauline wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 5:54 pm

I can agree with that but I don't think any manager is going to turn the likes of Kane, Kakay, Wallace, Barbet, Hamalainen, Cameron, Bonne into accomplished players no matter what methods they have.
Indeed but there are managers out there who send eleven professional footballers out to play as a cohesive unit, each man knowing exactly what is required and expected of him.

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by QPR_John » Sat Dec 19, 2020 6:12 pm

UxbridgeR wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 5:43 pm
I think we are in the position of asking of any new manager would he be any worse. We do not seem to have the ability to change the way we play. It's the same in every game. This is Warburtons team he chose the players to fit in with the way he wanted to play. These players cannot do it and Warburton can not/will not change tactics. Either way the manager is at fault.

n22hoop
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by n22hoop » Sat Dec 19, 2020 6:28 pm

UxbridgeR wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 5:43 pm
Law of averages + Ramsey would at least try something different.

Lastly, the players are clearly not receptive to what MW is trying to do.

Etc.
"Football is the love of form. A spectacle that scarcely leaves a trace in the memory and does not enrich or impoverish knowledge. This is its appeal : it is exciting and empty." Mario Vargas Llosa

Montag
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Montag » Sat Dec 19, 2020 6:40 pm

Chris Ramsay? JHC. aniwall aniwall aniwall aniwall aniwall aniwall aniwall aniwall :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :cry:
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."
Richard III, Act IV, W. Shakespeare

John in Hemel
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by John in Hemel » Sat Dec 19, 2020 6:56 pm

Sacking warbs/mclaren/Holloway was not the answer.
The club is spending less on player budgets than ever before.
Of course results will be patchy.
Give warbsthe season.
Any replacement for him will still have the same players.
Forest sack their managers every few months.
Sheff wed are in financial meltdown.
We should stop being so entitled.
We are a small club with a proud history.
Things will turn round if we see this out.
Cmon uRs

SM
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by SM » Sat Dec 19, 2020 7:14 pm

Paul Cook anyone?
Isle Of Wight R'ssssssssss

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by QPR_John » Sat Dec 19, 2020 7:14 pm

John in Hemel wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 6:56 pm

Of course results will be patchy
Unfortunately the results are fairly consistent
John in Hemel wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 6:56 pm

Any replacement for him will still have the same players.
Football is not just about the players tactics come into it

n22hoop
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by n22hoop » Sat Dec 19, 2020 8:43 pm

SM wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 7:14 pm
Paul Cook anyone?
Yes please. Did decent things with Wigan. Had them on a v good run.

QPR-NI
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by QPR-NI » Sat Dec 19, 2020 8:46 pm

No doubt we have a raft of new classy players arriving next week.

We’ll be fine.

UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by UxbridgeR » Sat Dec 19, 2020 8:50 pm

QPR-NI wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 8:46 pm
No doubt we have a raft of new classy players arriving next week.

We’ll be fine.
I believe that was the plan, but with London now being in Tier 4, Santa won't be able to drop those players down the chimney.

Poor old Warbs just can't catch a break.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?