Manning

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

ANDREW1302
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Manning

Post by ANDREW1302 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:54 pm

Players decisions sometimes do seem strange. As yet Manning has been a substitute at Swansea and i think got on the pitch once. He , i am sure, is earning a few pounds more, but if he had stayed at QPR he would have played every game and if things went as well as last season he would have probably got a bigger move and made more money. Instead he is warming the bench which by definition means his career is in reverse. Timing your move to gain your best advantage is vital. Eze clearly played it well and so far Manning has made a career error. Remember the kid who went to Everton? What has happened to him? I do think that if you feel you can go up a level it is best not to just jump and end up lost as a squad member playing the odd cup game or waiting for an injury. Samuel do take note. He really does have tremendous potential in my view and playing every week at QPR is probably what is best for him for the next year or so. Warming the bench at Swansea is one to regret.

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Re: Manning

Post by dm » Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:02 pm

Josh Bowler was on loan at Hull last season. Playing in Everton's U23s this season.

old pauline
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by old pauline » Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:25 pm

I get the impression that he thought 'I can do better than this' and 'QPR aren't going to get promoted which is where I want to be' so I will leave. Which at the end of the day is no good to us so we were right to let him leave for the best (and possibly the only) offer that came along. In terms of his decision it still early days and there is a chance that he will get promoted with Swansea. I guess when you are a professional footballer you have to believe in yourself and that you will make it at a higher level (like Smithies, Freeman etc.) so its natural that you go to a bigger club if they come in for you.

I'm actually quite surprised that Bright turned Bruges down. It would have been a good experience and he could easily have come back to a decent club here if it didn't work out for him.
Come on you Sooopa ........

ZENITH R

Post by ZENITH R » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:08 pm

dm wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:02 pm
Josh Bowler was on loan at Hull last season. Playing in Everton's U23s this season.

How did that work out for him?

14 starts and 17 as a sub with one goal. His last appearance for Hull? Wigan 8 Hull 0

Hmmmm.
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:56 pm

ZENITH R wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:08 pm
dm wrote:

14 starts and 17 as a sub with one goal. His last appearance for Hull? Wigan 8 Hull 0

Hmmmm.
He's still young but you have to wonder if he'll be yet another Dean Parrott who now plies his trade at Wealdstone.

Rbee
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Rbee » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:23 pm

You can add BOS to the list in January

jimjams
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by jimjams » Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:47 am

He didn't set the world alight at Hull, but I don't see how that makes the case for him being better off staying at QPR.
It's too early to tell if things will work out for Bowler or Manning, but I am not convinced another year at QPR would have made Manning much more eligible for a Premier League job.

Satch
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:23 pm

jimjams wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:47 am
He didn't set the world alight at Hull, but I don't see how that makes the case for him being better off staying at QPR.
It's too early to tell if things will work out for Bowler or Manning, but I am not convinced another year at QPR would have made Manning much more eligible for a Premier League job.
Agree with JJ.

A lot of fans absolutely can't wait for ex-players to fail. Manning's move to Swansea a mistake after 12 games, Josh Bowler a failure, BOS' as yet non-existent transfer apparently destined for disaster. Yet i'm sure if we were talking to Southend fans lamenting Charlie Kelman's decision to come to us in similar terms we'd sensibly point out it's only been a few games.

It's pretty premature to decide if Manning has made a terrible decision. Ultimately he's at a club more likely to go up, probably on more money, maybe in his mind more likely to play in midfield ( a mistake imo) and get in the Ireland side. if he doesn't fancy himself to get in the Swansea side he might as well pack up his boots and in general players who's ambitions don't extend beyond QPR are no use to us. Alas that means we'll lose a few along the way but so be it. Let's focus on improving on each one of them.
dm wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:56 pm
ZENITH R wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:08 pm
dm wrote:

Hmmmm.
He's still young but you have to wonder if he'll be yet another Dean Parrott who now plies his trade at Wealdstone.
That's probably his level, good on the club for cashing in and fair play to Dean for joining a far better and more competitive youth set-up. As jimjams said, you can't really argue staying with us would have improved his career.
old pauline wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:25 pm
I get the impression that he thought 'I can do better than this' and 'QPR aren't going to get promoted which is where I want to be' so I will leave. Which at the end of the day is no good to us so we were right to let him leave for the best (and possibly the only) offer that came along. In terms of his decision it still early days and there is a chance that he will get promoted with Swansea. I guess when you are a professional footballer you have to believe in yourself and that you will make it at a higher level (like Smithies, Freeman etc.) so its natural that you go to a bigger club if they come in for you.

I'm actually quite surprised that Bright turned Bruges down. It would have been a good experience and he could easily have come back to a decent club here if it didn't work out for him.
BOS seemed really keen on the Bruge move. Presumably something happened, whether that was money or communication over first-team opportunity or a bit of both i have no idea but i don't think it was a lack of ambition on his part.