Tony Fernandes

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

Rbee
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Tony Fernandes

Post by Rbee » Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:00 am

Various media sources

Tan Sri Tony Fernandes has put his sprawling Ayrshire estate in Scotland up for sale for £2.5 million (RM13.55 million).

Berita Harian reported that the decision was made by the AirAsia CEO to save his business empire which has been badly impacted by the Covid-19 pandemic.

The 56-year-old business tycoon, who was also a chairman for the English football club Queens Park Rangers (QPR), had resided at Skeldon House in Dalrymple, Ayr for seven years. The Sun UK stated the 125-acre mansion has five rooms along with a wine cellar, gym, sauna and tennis courts.

It also features two other buildings; namely the coach house and castle cottage, surrounded by the carefully trimmed lawn. The interior is “equally opulent”, wrote the tabloid, mixing modern conveniences with traditional elements well. A classy spiral staircase binds the home together, complete with four bathrooms, a large kitchen and also a cosy dining room.

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/97882757#/

Rbee
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Re: Tony Fernandes

Post by Rbee » Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:24 pm

You certainly get a lot for your 2.5 million.

But what happens to all his stuff on site I wonder, sell it, store it, the pressures of life huh.

UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by UxbridgeR » Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:38 pm

Rbee wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:00 am
Various media sources

Tan Sri Tony Fernandes has put his sprawling Ayrshire estate in Scotland up for sale for £2.5 million (RM13.55 million).

Berita Harian reported that the decision was made by the AirAsia CEO to save his business empire which has been badly impacted by the Covid-19 pandemic.....
I hope something has been lost in translation here, as if he's really selling off his houses to save his business empire, it will be squeaky bum time all round.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:58 pm

Yes, worrying, £2.5m isn't even half of what Ruben is putting into the club each month. Can anyone remember who the actual owners of the 102 acres of Old Oak bought a few years ago were? If it was Tune Group then that could be under pressure too.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by QPR_John » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:02 pm

£2.5M to save a business empire!!!

Andy_N19
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Andy_N19 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:41 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:58 pm
Yes, worrying, £2.5m isn't even half of what Ruben is putting into the club each month. Can anyone remember who the actual owners of the 102 acres of Old Oak bought a few years ago were? If it was Tune Group then that could be under pressure too.
It's interesting that there's been a big quiet over what is happening @Old Oak Common.
Wondering what opportunities this discombobulated world could grant us.
Staff Benda Bilili

deadendjob
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by deadendjob » Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:18 pm

Rbee wrote:
Don't get me wrong, it's lovely and something I could only ever dream of being able to afford, but if I'm honest, I was underwhelmed by the property. I guess I was expecting something more 'grandiose.'

ZENITH R

Post by ZENITH R » Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:02 pm

deadendjob wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:18 pm
Rbee wrote:
Don't get me wrong, it's lovely and something I could only ever dream of being able to afford, but if I'm honest, I was underwhelmed by the property. I guess I was expecting something more 'grandiose.'

A weekend retreat is I think how they would refer to it. Though its a bit off the beaten track for a weekender - especially from London.
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

W12Allstars
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by W12Allstars » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:17 pm

Is it beyond the realms of possibility that he's selling a house he hardly uses, and journos being what they are they've made a story of it by saying he's doing it to save his airline?

I can't imagine Fernandes saying that, can you?

Doubtless Air Asia will be in trouble as all airlines are, but I doubt the two things are overly closely connected.
Far better is it to dare mighty things, than to dwell in the twighlight that knows neither victory nor defeat - T Roosevelt

Systemsguy
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Systemsguy » Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:53 pm

So £2.5M is going to save his airline?

That's a spit in the ocean.... My gaff is worth half a million in Northolt...
2020/2021.... Keep Calm, no matter the season, we'll follow our team.....