Be Honest

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

the big IP
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Be Honest

Post by the big IP » Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:37 am

If all was right with the world tomorrow and they said we could go back and watch the games and didn't have to socially distance

Bearing in mind how much everyone says they hate not going to football.

What would our crowd be this weekend ?

Would we sell out ?

Would it be the normal 11-12k ?

Just curious

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Re: Be Honest

Post by dm » Mon Nov 16, 2020 6:59 am

If everyone was convinced the risk of contracting COVID had disappeared overnight I suspect the game would be a near sell out.

I'd certainly be there, that's for sure.

stainesranger
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by stainesranger » Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:38 am

It would 100% sellout as a one off.

More broadly though, I am starting to question where I found the time to go to every game before lockdown started. Something will have to give when we’re allowed back. I think I’ll probably renew but not sure I’ll make every game.

I wonder if that sort of sentiment will have an impact on revenues going forward for clubs.

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by QPR_John » Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:15 am

Doubt I'll be back till next season. Hopefully by then a vaccine will have kicked in.

deadendjob
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by deadendjob » Mon Nov 16, 2020 4:18 pm

The first Auckland Blues game back, there were 50k people. Local match and it was a sell out. Usually they barely fill the stadium.

People want to feel a sense of normality, the opportunity to go to a football match would be a great relief so I think you'd probably expect more than the usual 10-12k.

Albeit, we have a competent government.

Monkey
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by Monkey » Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:20 pm

If travel was uninhibited, you’d probably see a lot of people fleeing the country. Seeing family and friends would probably be a priority too, but I still think there’d be enough people eager for live sport to sell out.
If you had a million Shakespeares, could they write like a monkey?

QPRSTEVE75
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by QPRSTEVE75 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:59 pm

I think the first several home games would be a near sell out

sparkypark
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by sparkypark » Wed Nov 18, 2020 4:06 pm

To be honest, there have been a couple of games where we have been awful, where I have thought that at least I haven’t had to travel there, sit through rubbish, and travel home on a cold evening.

Sadly, Covid isn’t going to disappear overnight and a lot of our crowd are old blokes who may think twice about public transport for a while.
Between my finger and my thumb the squat pen rests. I'll dig with it.

the big IP
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by the big IP » Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:17 am

sparkypark wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 4:06 pm
To be honest, there have been a couple of games where we have been awful, where I have thought that at least I haven’t had to travel there, sit through rubbish, and travel home on a cold evening.

Sadly, Covid isn’t going to disappear overnight and a lot of our crowd are old blokes who may think twice about public transport for a while.
yep you do worry where the next generation of fans are coming from. Where games are available at the touch of a button instead of a cold cramped plastic seat.

deadendjob
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by deadendjob » Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:42 pm

the big IP wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:17 am
sparkypark wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 4:06 pm

yep you do worry where the next generation of fans are coming from. Where games are available at the touch of a button instead of a cold cramped plastic seat.
It's a different feeling though. Nothing will ever replace the excitement of going to a live game.
That's like the difference between putting on a music at home instead of going to a gig.