Geoff Cameron

For stuff that can only sensibly reside here. You have been warned. HERE LIVETH TROLLS!

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

Satch
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Geoff Cameron

Post by Satch » Sun Nov 08, 2020 3:20 am

Cameron is currently 'sharing' Trump's baseless claims of mass voter fraud on instagram. I'm embarrassed he's anything to do with the club, let alone the captain.

Greyhound
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Re: Geoff Cameron

Post by Greyhound » Sun Nov 08, 2020 10:48 am

If that's the case, then I agree and the club have every right to sanction him. It hardly sits comfortably alongside our intention to be a community club.

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by QPR_John » Sun Nov 08, 2020 2:26 pm

Greyhound wrote:
Sun Nov 08, 2020 10:48 am
If that's the case, then I agree and the club have every right to sanction him. It hardly sits comfortably alongside our intention to be a community club.
Sanction him for what. Talking rubbish I'm sure we have all done that. He has a right to express his views and we have the right to ignore them. Sanctioning somebody for a political position they might hold is a dangerous path to go down. That would be almost Trump like.

DroopStreetOldBoys
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by DroopStreetOldBoys » Sun Nov 08, 2020 2:37 pm

QPR_John wrote:
Sun Nov 08, 2020 2:26 pm
Greyhound wrote:
Sanction him for what. Talking rubbish I'm sure we have all done that. He has a right to express his views and we have the right to ignore them. Sanctioning somebody for a political position they might hold is a dangerous path to go down. That would be almost Trump like.
I knew we'd agree on something eventually.

222gers
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Sun Nov 08, 2020 3:05 pm

“He drawreth out the thread of his verbosity finer than the staple of his argument” as the milkman said to me this morning.
Seriously Geoff, like Karl Henry a while back has every right to his opinion. Maybe not a good idea for a person in the public eye to express them but there we are. Nobody has the right to sanction him in any way.
I never show any interest in the affairs of my sporting or entertainment heroes. I'm not interested in how they like their eggs in the morning.

QPR-NI
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by QPR-NI » Sun Nov 08, 2020 4:28 pm

Satch wrote:
Sun Nov 08, 2020 3:20 am
Cameron is currently 'sharing' Trump's baseless claims of mass voter fraud on instagram. I'm embarrassed he's anything to do with the club, let alone the captain.
The thought police are alive and well it appears.

Is it all things political you object to players being involved in, or just things you personally don’t agree with?

Andy_N19
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Andy_N19 » Sun Nov 08, 2020 4:44 pm

QPR_John wrote:
Sun Nov 08, 2020 2:26 pm
Greyhound wrote:
Completely agree John, Cameron's view is baseless, dangerous and crass, but he has the right to air them.
Wonder if he then supports the democratic credentials of this guy?...
Staff Benda Bilili

Satch
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Sun Nov 08, 2020 5:35 pm

QPR-NI wrote:
Sun Nov 08, 2020 4:28 pm
Satch wrote:
Sun Nov 08, 2020 3:20 am
The thought police are alive and well it appears.

Is it all things political you object to players being involved in, or just things you personally don’t agree with?
I don't recall you being the biggest fan of players supporting BLM openly and i very much doubt if were critiquing the players openly supporting BLM that you would have leveled the Orwellian accusations at me, i suspect there would have been 'no place for politics in sport'.

The point i'm making regarding Cameron is not about his right to hold or air his political views, as distasteful as i find them. It's him propagating a baseless and genuinely dangerous conspiracy theory that looks like it could lead to widespread violence. I personally think that goes far beyond political views and into the realm of something he shouldn't be engaging in, both as a sane human being and as a representative of this football club. As a recognizable athlete to football fans in America, his actions only serve to add credibility to this utter lunacy.

I'd also argue his public support for Trump's Muslim travel ban also goes beyond what is an acceptable political position for someone to hold openly and be a representative of a club who are rightly proud of their inclusivity.

Moreover given that the majority but not all of our regular starting players wish to kneel before games i feel it's divisive for the captain not to take part and whilst he shouldn't lose his place in the side over that or in any way be compelled to partake, i don't believe that makes him suited to an on-field leadership role.

It's hard not to draw quite a few conclusions about the man's character based on the above evidence to suspect he holds some extremely questionable views that go well beyond perhaps a favoring of small government, state's rights and fiscal conservatism or some of the other less morally questionable positions held by Republicans, in my opinion of course.

Greyhound
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Greyhound » Sun Nov 08, 2020 10:53 pm

Cameron is club captain, so whatever his political views, he needs to be careful before he publishes them. He certainly doesn't have the right to ignore his responsibilities to the club he represents before broadcasting. Ignoring his responsibilities, opening his trap to say any old crap to serve himself - that would be Trump-like.

Montag
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Montag » Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:32 pm

I am no right winger and I've looked extensively at both the campaign and the integrity of the US election. It stinks. There is no way Biden could have won without help. A lot of help. Do any of you know what has been going on in the US since before Trump was even elected? Just because you don't like him doesn't mean that democracy should be flushed down the lav. There are hundreds if not thousands of pieces of evidence supporting Trump's claims of fraud. Signed testimony IS evidence. People have been hanged on it. The BBC and Sky are continuing to use the words "Baseless" and "Falsely" attached to DT's claims. This is a blatant lie. If GC has echoed these views then I think he is quite entitled to just as people have been entitled to kneel down in support of a Neo-communist organisation while we all paid their inflated wages. This is still a free country. ISN'T IT??
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."
Richard III, Act IV, W. Shakespeare

Greyhound
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Greyhound » Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:09 pm

Can we get this crap off the MB please? It's just not the place for this conspiracy nonsense, and there are plenty of outlets for Montag and his tin foil hat that don't involve QPR.

LewiHoop
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by LewiHoop » Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:17 pm

Greyhound wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:09 pm
Can we get this crap off the MB please? It's just not the place for this conspiracy nonsense, and there are plenty of outlets for Montag and his tin foil hat that don't involve QPR.
Cancel culture at it's finest. :shock: aniwall

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:54 pm

One for the RAOIS forum?
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

Virginia_R

Post by Virginia_R » Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:47 am

Esox Lucius wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:54 pm
One for the RAOIS forum?
Agreed.

UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by UxbridgeR » Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:39 pm

Toby Young's Free Speech Union will be all over this one :lol:
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?