Dykes

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

ANDREW1302
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Dykes

Post by ANDREW1302 » Thu Nov 05, 2020 10:53 am

As i was worried about Chair and he has looked very good in the last couple of games since that post i might as well do the same for Dykes.I am hoping he is just adjusting as at the moment he really does not look like his going to effect a game much. Average with the head, average with control and average in front of goal. Great , now i've said that here is to him having a screamer on saturday!

UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Re: Dykes

Post by UxbridgeR » Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:07 am

I think his all-round play has been pretty decent. Don't really know about his finishing, as we've created very few clear-cut chances for him. It's not as if he's been missing sitters. To me, he looks more of a threat than Bonne, but the latter has scored two good and important goals coming on as a sub, so maybe he'll prove to be a good option too.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Thu Nov 05, 2020 12:28 pm

Our service to him hasn't been great at all so as that improves he will score. Although he doesn't look like he'll be a prolific scorer, as Uxbridge says he contributes well in other ways.

He's only just turned 25 so has time to develop his game. I think he'll come good for us.

ZENITH R

Post by ZENITH R » Thu Nov 05, 2020 12:54 pm

Marshall made a good save from Dyke's header. Fine margins. I think once he gets one, he'll go on to get a few. He just needs that bit of luck to get the first one.
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

Devonranger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Devonranger » Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:10 pm

As we are recruiting on the basis of developing players, so a number of players will progress along the way- Dykes and Bonne among them. Think Dykes has the stronger link up play currently while Bonne seems the better finisher at present but, hopefully working with our coaching team will bring improvement in these areas.

Our players too as opposed to loans.

Damien
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Damien » Thu Nov 05, 2020 2:42 pm

ZENITH R wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 12:54 pm
Marshall made a good save from Dyke's header. Fine margins. I think once he gets one, he'll go on to get a few. He just needs that bit of luck to get the first one.
He made it easier for Marshall by heading the ball into the ground and not the far corner. Doesn't look a natural finisher from the little I've seen of him. He needs a goal for his and and our sake. The longer he goes without one, the more likely he is to turn into another Washington. Fingers crossed and all that 8)

stainesranger
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by stainesranger » Thu Nov 05, 2020 2:46 pm

Or another Mike Sheron.

To be honest tho, his goal scoring record before coming here wasn’t prolific. I don’t think that’s primarily what he’s been brought in to do. If he can bag a few and be a focal point, then job done. He certainly looked like a decent focal point last night.

I wouldn’t expect him to score bucket loads

deadendjob
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by deadendjob » Thu Nov 05, 2020 4:11 pm

I think the lad played well last night, but he's really not getting the best service and is often isolated up there. In saying that, as when we first brought him, I thought all of his goals looked like bread and butter finishes. If he can bring others into play which allows us to score more goals then that'll suffice, but there's a reason why we bought him and for the minimal amount of money we did. All we can do is hope develops.

I do hope Les gets down to training every now and again to work with our strikers.

W12Allstars
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by W12Allstars » Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:53 pm

He's done ok with Scotland so far, who aren't exactly world beaters, and came back carrying an injury so I'm happily cutting the guy some slack. He'll be fine I think, just let them all have a chance before worrying too much?

As long as we're winning games, I don't care if it's Dykes, Bonne or Dieng that get them, it's a team game...
Far better is it to dare mighty things, than to dwell in the twighlight that knows neither victory nor defeat - T Roosevelt

WA Hoop
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by WA Hoop » Sat Nov 07, 2020 1:35 am

ZENITH R wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 12:54 pm
Was it that good a save or was it a bit of a tame header? Either way, I think you're right, once he gets some service and that bit of luck, he'll be alright.
Question everything.

Damien
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Damien » Sat Nov 07, 2020 7:32 pm

All very well saying what else he brings to the team, but we need him to start scoring from open play (we aren't going to get pens every game :wink: ). We don't have enough goals in the rest of the team for our main striker to be "goal shy". Shame he got called up by Scotland... we need him more than they do.