Match Thread: Derby County v Queens Park Rangers FC

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

patrickqpr
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Re: Match Thread: Derby County v Queens Park Rangers FC

Post by patrickqpr » Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:36 pm

I needed that after the disappointment of Shef Weds getting 6 points back. Great result.

deadendjob
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by deadendjob » Wed Nov 04, 2020 11:15 pm

I had a meeting and turned it off at 85mins. It was so great to come back and see the result :D

Devonranger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Devonranger » Thu Nov 05, 2020 7:09 am

The team worked very hard together to close down opportunities for Derby when they were out of possession. Think there is still improvement to come with any number of players which can only be a good thing.

Dickie had a great game and thought Dieng's handling, save from Rooney and general presence gave great confidence to the team in front of him.

Thought Ilias Chair worked very hard for the team tonight and although not everything came off for him, he was involved positively both with and without the ball.

Mentions too for the likes of Todd Kane, Geoff Cameron and Yoann Barbet who usually are sometimes on the receiving end when we lose - thought they all made key contributions in this performance.

Warbs? Good use of squad and subs today - watched him switch his attacking midfielders around tonight- even moved Bonne out wide at times to change the dynamics of the game, when Derby were getting more possession second half. Think he talks alot of sense and actually from a coaching point of view, you can see what he is saying.

Systemsguy
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Systemsguy » Thu Nov 05, 2020 8:32 am

Good result ..... Dickie owed us a good performance after Barnsley and paid up as my motm, Dieng looks the real deal....

No frauds on the pitch or sitting in the dugout last night
2020/2021.... Keep Calm, no matter the season, we'll follow our team.....

Greyhound
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Greyhound » Thu Nov 05, 2020 10:14 am

Hamalainen was also very impressive last night, particularly given how few games he's started for us. We now seem to have options in both FB positions.

guyrob07

Post by guyrob07 » Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:20 am

Winning live on Sky and keeping a clean sheet doesn't get better than that.

All round great performance.

Dickie was outstanding and deserved MOTM. Can't believe they wanted a foul during the build up!

Hamalainen was indeed very good, his composure in tight areas impressed me last night, didn't know what we were getting when he came on for the injured Wallace but have been pleasantly surprised. Confident in control and passing.

Think Kane & Dieng need a mention, Kane had tons of energy and looked lively getting forward. Dieng made a great save to deny Rooney and claims the ball from set pieces with ease.

Lastly Chair pressed really well, Adomah getting batter each game and Ball looks set for a start surely, he turns on the ball well and demonstrated a willingness to drive at the defence.

All very positive.

Devonranger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Devonranger » Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:13 pm

Alot of comments about Rob Dickie's tackle and cross, understandably but anyone notice Chair's solid tackle on the left hand side started the break up of the phase of play which led to Derby having to move the ball out to where Dickie pressed.

Albert Steptoe
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Albert Steptoe » Thu Nov 05, 2020 3:37 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:26 pm
No congratulatory posts from Oil Drum Lane? 8) :lol:
You're getting a bit obsessed, aren't you? Unlike you, I'm not permanently policing the fanbase's online presence.

Fantastic result - great to see us win two games in a row; an all too rare occurrence over the last five years. Let's make it three on Saturday.

deadendjob
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by deadendjob » Thu Nov 05, 2020 4:16 pm

I think Willock looked particularly threatening when he came on. Alright he's a been green, but he showed a lot of promise.

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Thu Nov 05, 2020 4:32 pm

deadendjob wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 4:16 pm
I think Willock looked particularly threatening when he came on. Alright he's a been green, but he showed a lot of promise.
Willock's cameos from the bench have been encouraging. If he gets a start on Saturday due to BOS's groin injury last night, I'll be interested to see how he plays.

Rbee
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Rbee » Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:05 pm

guyrob07 wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:20 am
Can't believe they wanted a foul during the build up!
There is a great camera angle from behind that shows that if any free kick was to be given it should be for us. Dicky took the ball whilst their player kicked him and then leaps in to the air before falling, writhing to the floor. :D

ZENITH R

Post by ZENITH R » Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:31 pm

Rbee wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:05 pm
guyrob07 wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:20 am
Can't believe they wanted a foul during the build up!
There is a great camera angle from behind that shows that if any free kick was to be given it should be for us. Dicky took the ball whilst their player kicked him and then leaps in to the air before falling, writhing to the floor. :D
I think it was the same player who dived in the area looking for a penalty. He should have got a card for that.
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

Devonranger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Devonranger » Thu Nov 05, 2020 6:41 pm

Their Polish winger Jowiak - seemed a bit partial to making the most of contact ...

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:22 am

Albert Steptoe wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 3:37 pm
Esox Lucius wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:26 pm
No congratulatory posts from Oil Drum Lane? 8) :lol:
You're getting a bit obsessed, aren't you? Unlike you, I'm not permanently policing the fanbase's online presence.

Fantastic result - great to see us win two games in a row; an all too rare occurrence over the last five years. Let's make it three on Saturday.
I am totally obsessed, I have nothing better to do with my time during lockdown.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.