PNE Match Thread

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

carrotstick
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Re: PNE Match Thread

Post by carrotstick » Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:27 pm

It’s a good job that they train during the week, god knows how bad they would be if they didn’t

n22hoop
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by n22hoop » Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:29 pm

I'm not watching but it reads like Wallace is a liability.
"Football is the love of form. A spectacle that scarcely leaves a trace in the memory and does not enrich or impoverish knowledge. This is its appeal : it is exciting and empty." Mario Vargas Llosa

Wegerle
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Wegerle » Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:40 pm

I just hope this will be a typical Rangers season; lose 6, win 4, loose 5, win 4 etc. It's a risky business but the best we can hope for.

Damien
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Damien » Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:43 pm

n22hoop wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:29 pm
But we are so lucky to have him... apparently ssh

whittonhoop
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by whittonhoop » Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:47 pm

welcome back

Rbee
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Rbee » Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:49 pm

Wallace had a great game on Saturday

I won’t criticise him until I watch the replays but he certainly had a huge help from Dicky for the second.

Didn’t the commentator say that Preston hadn’t kept a clean sheet for ages? Benevolent Park Rangers strike once again

W12Allstars
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by W12Allstars » Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:25 pm

Poor. No shots on target. Two soft penalties.

Lots of pretty passing it across the pitch, back again, back again, no runners, nothing to trouble their defence.

We looked clueless. First time I’ve seen us post-Eze and only now am I seeing just how good he was.

Our style of play is pleasing on the eye, but largely ineffectual and we still can’t defend for shit.
Far better is it to dare mighty things, than to dwell in the twighlight that knows neither victory nor defeat - T Roosevelt

Albert Steptoe
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Albert Steptoe » Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:17 am

n22hoop wrote:
Anyone who watched the Coventry game could see that Wallace is slow, lumbering and not up to it at this level. Since then, he's played every game, while we've sold Manning for a pittance and failed to replace him. Who is making these decisions? Warburton or the esteemed DoF?

6 wins in 26 games. Not good enough for a club with any ambition. Fine for us though.

Albert Steptoe
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Albert Steptoe » Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:18 am

carrotstick wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:27 pm
It’s a good job that they train during the week, god knows how bad they would be if they didn’t
:lol:

Albert Steptoe
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Albert Steptoe » Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:22 am

Rbee wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:49 pm
Wallace had a great game on Saturday

I won’t criticise him until I watch the replays but he certainly had a huge help from Dicky for the second.

Didn’t the commentator say that Preston hadn’t kept a clean sheet for ages? Benevolent Park Rangers strike once again
Dickie has really impressed me this season, but yes, he screwed up for the second goal. However, even then a decent left back doesn't give away the penalty - he jockeys the player away from our goal. Wallace has the turning circle of the Queen Mary.

ZENITH R

Post by ZENITH R » Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:59 am

Albert Steptoe wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:17 am
n22hoop wrote:
Anyone who watched the Coventry game could see that Wallace is slow, lumbering and not up to it at this level. Since then, he's played every game, while we've sold Manning for a pittance and failed to replace him. Who is making these decisions? Warburton or the esteemed DoF?

6 wins in 26 games. Not good enough for a club with any ambition. Fine for us though.
Ha Ha ... QPR lose and you make a re-appearance, as regular as Christmas, but nowhere near as welcome. Manning had made it clear he did not want to stay.

Both penalties were soft, a similar occurrence in their area, when I think Carroll went down and we got nothing.

We were very narrow, and failed to stretch Preston, our build up play was slow and ponderous, and why oh why does Barbet take the free kicks around the box. I think every one has ended up in row Z.

Wallace is 33, it's asking a bit much for him to play as a wing back covering pretty much the whole of the left side of the pitch.

Would Dykes have made a difference? No, I don't think he would. For him to be effective he needs service, and I don't see we are set up to deliver it to him.
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

Rbee
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Rbee » Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:05 am

Watched the replays and minimal contact for both penalties and the striker was looking for the second but as Warburton rightly said in his post match interview, don’t put yourself in that position. Poor from Wallace.

Dave McIntyre thinks our starting eleven was League 1 standard.

Rbee
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Rbee » Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:11 am

ZENITH R wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:59 am

Would Dykes have made a difference? No, I don't think he would. For him to be effective he needs service, and I don't see we are set up to deliver it to him.
I thought against Plymouth Carroll and Dykes worked really well together but Carroll and Bonne was non existent last night.

UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by UxbridgeR » Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:34 am

I thought we started pretty well, but once we conceded, we never looked remotely like getting back in the game.

Amateur hour stuff from Wallace for both penalties. The club couldn't stop Manning leaving, but not having a replacement lined up is poor. The latter wasn't great defensively, but at least offered a genuine threat going forward. Wallace doesn't seem to offer much at either end.

Early days and all that, but the propensity to concede soft goals through individual mistakes remains, while unlike last season, we're creating very few clear-cut chances in attack. It's a worrying combination.

Can I get my Legion of Doom membership now ?
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

Andy_N19
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Andy_N19 » Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:29 am

Rbee wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:05 am
Watched the replays and minimal contact for both penalties and the striker was looking for the second but as Warburton rightly said in his post match interview, don’t put yourself in that position. Poor from Wallace.

Dave McIntyre thinks our starting eleven was League 1 standard.
A few of the young players (Dieng, Kakay, Dickie, Willock) look promising but overall
it was League 1 football from Rangers for sure.
Staff Benda Bilili