Anyone know whats happening with Manning?

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Re: Anyone know whats happening with Manning?

Post by dm » Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:06 pm

ZENITH R wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:45 pm
dm wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:32 pm
beaglebum wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:43 pm
I get all of that (i think), but if Manning doesn't sign a new contract then wouldn't it be in everyone's best interest to either play him or terminate the contract? It would not do dressing room morale any good with a player who is not happy and as had been said already, we could see his best foitball if he wants to progress his career in the prem.
I can't see it would be in Manning's interest to have his contract terminated at the moment as he's no club to move on to yet.

However, you might be right that it's better to play him even if he doesn't want to commit to an extension to his contract. Of course, the club are under no obligation to play him but I am increasingly uneasy with this "Sign or you're not playing" tactic.

We don't know the full story as BOS still hasn't signed yet plays. They're apparently at 'different stages of negotiations' according to Warburton, but that tells us little.
There are rumours that Bournemouth are interested in BOS.
Yup, and renewed rumours that Wham are interested in Manning.

n22hoop
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by n22hoop » Tue Oct 06, 2020 6:29 am

dm wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:06 pm
ZENITH R wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:45 pm
dm wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:32 pm

I can't see it would be in Manning's interest to have his contract terminated at the moment as he's no club to move on to yet.

However, you might be right that it's better to play him even if he doesn't want to commit to an extension to his contract. Of course, the club are under no obligation to play him but I am increasingly uneasy with this "Sign or you're not playing" tactic.

We don't know the full story as BOS still hasn't signed yet plays. They're apparently at 'different stages of negotiations' according to Warburton, but that tells us little.
There are rumours that Bournemouth are interested in BOS.
What now for Manning I wonder? A loan move benefits no one I think.
"Football is the love of form. A spectacle that scarcely leaves a trace in the memory and does not enrich or impoverish knowledge. This is its appeal : it is exciting and empty." Mario Vargas Llosa

UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by UxbridgeR » Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:04 am

The domestic transfer window remains open until 16th October, so he could still get a permanent move if anyone's interested.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

Satch
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:57 am

beaglebum wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:43 pm
I get all of that (i think), but if Manning doesn't sign a new contract then wouldn't it be in everyone's best interest to either play him or terminate the contract? It would not do dressing room morale any good with a player who is not happy and as had been said already, we could see his best foitball if he wants to progress his career in the prem.
I'd rather play him than not but understand the club's position and i don't blame him for wanting to go but I wouldn't want us to spend any money on getting rid. Even if he agreed that we do so my mutual consent and without a pay off, i still think it sends the message to other players that the last year of their contract is optional. I have no reason to think he'd be difficult in the dressing room but if he is he can train on his own.

Satch
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:03 am

UxbridgeR wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:04 am
The domestic transfer window remains open until 16th October, so he could still get a permanent move if anyone's interested.
Is that between all divisions or just EFL teams and the PL?

UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by UxbridgeR » Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:34 am

Between all divisions, as I understand it. Not PL to PL though.

Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Giorgio » Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:42 am

dm wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:06 pm
..ok then, as much as I am sorry if he leaves I would never hold on a player whose mind is somewhere else...

the big IP
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by the big IP » Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:05 am

Would be nice to get a bit of cash tomorrow for him.

Offset some of the money we have laid out

ZENITH R

Post by ZENITH R » Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:02 pm

My thoughts on Manning are ...

I like him.

However, he is not a left back. He is a midfielder who has been asked to play as a left back, and who has taken (unfair) criticism when he has been found wanting in that position. To qualify that, I would say when I think about Ryan Manning's time in a QPR shirt, I think of his goals, his crosses into the box, and chances he has created for others. I do not think about last ditch tackles, him having the right winger in his back pocket, or any other great defensive attributes.

He is not a left back, I know it, you know it and I'm pretty sure he knows it.

We are crying out for a creative midfielder, and we potentially have one being wasted at left back. He has played a few games in midfield, but due to the lack of a decent left back at the club, he has found himself back there covering that position. During the summer we bought LTC and Amos to fill the midfield berths. This must have been disappointing for Manning who has scored 6 goals in 44 games across last season and this season. Amos has scored twice in 40 games over the same period.

Maybe the current situation with Ryan Manning is about money
Maybe its about not wanting to be playing left back
Maybe its about wanting to play in the Premier League
Maybe he feels unappreciated by his manager
Maybe he feels unappreciated by us the fans

Maybe it's one of those, all of those or none of them.

Some of the above are fixable, some are not, and I think he probably won't be a QPR player by Friday evening. For me the sad thing in that situation is I don't think we will have seen the best of Ryan Manning. Playing in midfield I'm sure he would have chipped in with at least 10 goals for the season, and I think we would be looking at a much bigger fee for him, than that which we are currently likely to get. He also seems to be much more creative than others who have been picked to play in midfield ahead of him.

If, they all kiss and make up, and a new contract is signed, I hope we see Manning playing in midfield and not defence. It would seem LTC or Luke Amos' positions would be the most at threat.
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by UxbridgeR » Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:09 pm

I'm not sure I agree with the idea that he's not a left back, or at least wing back. He's only attracted the attention of PL clubs since he started playing there regularly last season, and his goal return for us as a midfielder before that was on a par with Amos's last year. Last year was also his first consistent full season in five years at the club, so I can't see why he would have an issue with the manager who oversaw that.

To me, he's a good attacking left-sided player with a tendency to switch off defensively. He'd probably be decent back-up for someone like Cresswell at West Ham, although they seem to have similar strengths and weaknesses to me. If he gets a chance to have a crack at the PL, I can't see why anyone would begrudge him the opportunity.

Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Giorgio » Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:25 pm

...sitting on the Irish bench in their match vs Finland....
so...when he was playing, playing well he was never considered for a cap.....
now, not playing ...got a call.....may be getting linked to WHam was enough to earn him the cap...?? :lol:

n22hoop
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by n22hoop » Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:18 am

Article on Manning from the Irish Independent. Doesn't give any insight on a potential move. Just sharing.

https://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer ... 22070.html
"Football is the love of form. A spectacle that scarcely leaves a trace in the memory and does not enrich or impoverish knowledge. This is its appeal : it is exciting and empty." Mario Vargas Llosa

Montag
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Montag » Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:57 am

If he wants out then he should just be let go. For an appropriate fee of course. Maybe he ain't as great as he thinks he is? My guess is that a more "generous" Championship club will be his destiny. No point in hanging on to players who think they're too good for QPR. They usually end up with splinters up the arse.
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."
Richard III, Act IV, W. Shakespeare

n22hoop
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by n22hoop » Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:13 pm

Montag wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:57 am
If he wants out then he should just be let go. For an appropriate fee of course. Maybe he ain't as great as he thinks he is? My guess is that a more "generous" Championship club will be his destiny. No point in hanging on to players who think they're too good for QPR. They usually end up with splinters up the arse.
Perhaps Watford Montag?

https://the72.co.uk/196763/watford-have ... -city-duo/

Montag
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Montag » Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:15 pm

Thanks n22. He'll get a few game there, I imagine. He might not need the tweezers!
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."
Richard III, Act IV, W. Shakespeare