Club statement on season tickets

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

Post Reply
QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 6624
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:35 pm
Location: Reading

Club statement on season tickets

Post by QPR_John » Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:06 pm

Can anybody decipher this.

We now will have to pay £10 to watch games but get a refund at the end of the season but what if we don't watch do we still get a refund

User avatar
UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend
Posts: 10352
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:45 pm

Re: Club statement on season tickets

Post by UxbridgeR » Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:45 pm

You can get a full refund if you apply by 9th October.

If you choose not to do that, and assuming that no fans were allowed in to watch for the remainder of the season, the £10 per match cost for the 28 games to be shown via QPR+ would be offset against the refund you would otherwise be due on your season ticket balance.

So if your season ticket cost £535, the £280 would be deducted, leaving you with a balance of £255, which you could get back as a refund at the end of the season or offset against next year if you plan to renew. I think you'll be charged the £10 per game irrespective of whether or not you watch, once the 9th October deadline has passed. So if you don't think you'll watch many games online, your best option is probably to get a full refund now, and just a buy a match pass for those games you do want to see on QPR+. Your seat is protected until next year whatever happens.

That's my reading of it anyway.
Last edited by UxbridgeR on Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 6624
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:35 pm
Location: Reading

Re: Club statement on season tickets

Post by QPR_John » Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:47 pm

UxbridgeR wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:45 pm
You can get a full refund if you apply by 9th October.

If you choose not to do that, and assuming that no fans were allowed in to watch for the remainder of the season, the £10 per match cost for the 28 games to be shown via QPR+ would be offset against the refund you would otherwise be due on your season ticket balance.

So if your season ticket cost £535, the £280 would be deducted, leaving you with a balance of £255, which you could get back as a refund or offset against next year if you plan to renew. I think you'll be charged the £10 per game irrespective of whether or not you watch, once the 9th October deadline has passed. So if you don't think you'll watch many games online, your best option is probably to get a full refund now, and just a buy a match pass for those games you do want to see on QPR+. Your seat is protected until next year whatever happens.

That's my reading of it anyway.
Having reread it a couple of times that is my understanding

User avatar
Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip
Posts: 21499
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:17 pm
Location: Banbury, Oxon.

Re: Club statement on season tickets

Post by Esox Lucius » Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:01 pm

Would I be correct in assuming that those who opted for auto renew but have had no money taken from their accounts would simply not receive the streams?
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 6624
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:35 pm
Location: Reading

Re: Club statement on season tickets

Post by QPR_John » Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:34 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:01 pm
Would I be correct in assuming that those who opted for auto renew but have had no money taken from their accounts would simply not receive the streams?
As I understand it you can pay £10 for the streams like everybody else but if no money has been taken you can renew next season (21-22) but will not get a refund as would apply to anybody asking for a refund.

The more I look at it the more questions arise. Those who have paid for a season ticket, and the club have had my money for a while now, entered into a contract with club who will supply 23 products (each home game). They are now unilaterally saying we will supply that product but in a reduced format and will require a loan of £10 a time. Is that legal.

User avatar
UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend
Posts: 10352
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:45 pm

Re: Club statement on season tickets

Post by UxbridgeR » Sat Oct 03, 2020 11:42 pm

QPR_John wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:34 pm
Esox Lucius wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:01 pm
Would I be correct in assuming that those who opted for auto renew but have had no money taken from their accounts would simply not receive the streams?
As I understand it you can pay £10 for the streams like everybody else but if no money has been taken you can renew next season (21-22) but will not get a refund as would apply to anybody asking for a refund.

The more I look at it the more questions arise. Those who have paid for a season ticket, and the club have had my money for a while now, entered into a contract with club who will supply 23 products (each home game). They are now unilaterally saying we will supply that product but in a reduced format and will require a loan of £10 a time. Is that legal.
What would be illegal about what they're doing ? First off, they're giving you the option of a full refund. Should you choose not to take that, they'll charge you £10 per game to reflect the fact that the "product" you're getting is in a reduced format, through no fault of theirs, and you still have the option of getting the balance of your upfront payment back at the end of the season. I honestly don't see what more they could do. I suppose you could argue that season ticket holders should only be charged for games that they actually watch on QPR Plus, but I guess that that would be administratively awkward to manage, and it would make forecasting the financials trickier for the club.

Esox, I'm sure those who choose to auto renew will have exactly the same options.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 6624
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:35 pm
Location: Reading

Re: Club statement on season tickets

Post by QPR_John » Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:23 am

UxbridgeR wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 11:42 pm
QPR_John wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:34 pm
Esox Lucius wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:01 pm
Would I be correct in assuming that those who opted for auto renew but have had no money taken from their accounts would simply not receive the streams?
As I understand it you can pay £10 for the streams like everybody else but if no money has been taken you can renew next season (21-22) but will not get a refund as would apply to anybody asking for a refund.

The more I look at it the more questions arise. Those who have paid for a season ticket, and the club have had my money for a while now, entered into a contract with club who will supply 23 products (each home game). They are now unilaterally saying we will supply that product but in a reduced format and will require a loan of £10 a time. Is that legal.
What would be illegal about what they're doing ? First off, they're giving you the option of a full refund. Should you choose not to take that, they'll charge you £10 per game to reflect the fact that the "product" you're getting is in a reduced format, through no fault of theirs, and you still have the option of getting the balance of your upfront payment back at the end of the season. I honestly don't see what more they could do. I suppose you could argue that season ticket holders should only be charged for games that they actually watch on QPR Plus, but I guess that that would be administratively awkward to manage, and it would make forecasting the financials trickier for the club.

Esox, I'm sure those who choose to auto renew will have exactly the same options.
Having had time to fully digest the statement I take your point. I'm still confused as to where the 28 games come from as there are only 21 homes games left.

IJM
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger
Posts: 627
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:21 pm
Location: Northamptonshire

Re: Club statement on season tickets

Post by IJM » Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:42 am

QPR_John wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:23 am
UxbridgeR wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 11:42 pm
QPR_John wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:34 pm


As I understand it you can pay £10 for the streams like everybody else but if no money has been taken you can renew next season (21-22) but will not get a refund as would apply to anybody asking for a refund.

The more I look at it the more questions arise. Those who have paid for a season ticket, and the club have had my money for a while now, entered into a contract with club who will supply 23 products (each home game). They are now unilaterally saying we will supply that product but in a reduced format and will require a loan of £10 a time. Is that legal.
What would be illegal about what they're doing ? First off, they're giving you the option of a full refund. Should you choose not to take that, they'll charge you £10 per game to reflect the fact that the "product" you're getting is in a reduced format, through no fault of theirs, and you still have the option of getting the balance of your upfront payment back at the end of the season. I honestly don't see what more they could do. I suppose you could argue that season ticket holders should only be charged for games that they actually watch on QPR Plus, but I guess that that would be administratively awkward to manage, and it would make forecasting the financials trickier for the club.

Esox, I'm sure those who choose to auto renew will have exactly the same options.
Having had time to fully digest the statement I take your point. I'm still confused as to where the 28 games come from as there are only 21 homes games left.
I would assume the 28 games come from the remaining home games PLUS the midweek away games which is included in the offer.

IJM
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger
Posts: 627
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:21 pm
Location: Northamptonshire

Re: Club statement on season tickets

Post by IJM » Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:42 am

QPR_John wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:23 am
UxbridgeR wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 11:42 pm
QPR_John wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:34 pm


As I understand it you can pay £10 for the streams like everybody else but if no money has been taken you can renew next season (21-22) but will not get a refund as would apply to anybody asking for a refund.

The more I look at it the more questions arise. Those who have paid for a season ticket, and the club have had my money for a while now, entered into a contract with club who will supply 23 products (each home game). They are now unilaterally saying we will supply that product but in a reduced format and will require a loan of £10 a time. Is that legal.
What would be illegal about what they're doing ? First off, they're giving you the option of a full refund. Should you choose not to take that, they'll charge you £10 per game to reflect the fact that the "product" you're getting is in a reduced format, through no fault of theirs, and you still have the option of getting the balance of your upfront payment back at the end of the season. I honestly don't see what more they could do. I suppose you could argue that season ticket holders should only be charged for games that they actually watch on QPR Plus, but I guess that that would be administratively awkward to manage, and it would make forecasting the financials trickier for the club.

Esox, I'm sure those who choose to auto renew will have exactly the same options.
Having had time to fully digest the statement I take your point. I'm still confused as to where the 28 games come from as there are only 21 homes games left.
I would assume the 28 games come from the remaining home games PLUS the midweek away games which is included in the offer.

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 6624
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:35 pm
Location: Reading

Re: Club statement on season tickets

Post by QPR_John » Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:04 am

IJM wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:42 am
QPR_John wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:23 am
UxbridgeR wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 11:42 pm


What would be illegal about what they're doing ? First off, they're giving you the option of a full refund. Should you choose not to take that, they'll charge you £10 per game to reflect the fact that the "product" you're getting is in a reduced format, through no fault of theirs, and you still have the option of getting the balance of your upfront payment back at the end of the season. I honestly don't see what more they could do. I suppose you could argue that season ticket holders should only be charged for games that they actually watch on QPR Plus, but I guess that that would be administratively awkward to manage, and it would make forecasting the financials trickier for the club.

Esox, I'm sure those who choose to auto renew will have exactly the same options.
Having had time to fully digest the statement I take your point. I'm still confused as to where the 28 games come from as there are only 21 homes games left.
I would assume the 28 games come from the remaining home games PLUS the midweek away games which is included in the offer.
Yes that adds up. I assume although the club do not make it clear only those who have an away season ticket will get the refund for away matches. But then I did not think an away season ticket was an upfront cost and it only guaranteed a ticket which you had to buy at the time. If every season ticket holder gets a £10 refund for ever away game they watch the club is losing money it seems from this deal.

I paid £279 for my ST. If I watch every game i get a refund of £279 which means I have watched in effect every home game and every away midweek game this season albeit on TV for free. I would have been quite happy to carry on with the current system of getting home games streamed for free which seems a simpler method so why the complication

User avatar
UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend
Posts: 10352
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:45 pm

Re: Club statement on season tickets

Post by UxbridgeR » Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:18 am

QPR_John wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:04 am
IJM wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:42 am
QPR_John wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:23 am


Having had time to fully digest the statement I take your point. I'm still confused as to where the 28 games come from as there are only 21 homes games left.
I would assume the 28 games come from the remaining home games PLUS the midweek away games which is included in the offer.
Yes that adds up. I assume although the club do not make it clear only those who have an away season ticket will get the refund for away matches. But then I did not think an away season ticket was an upfront cost and it only guaranteed a ticket which you had to buy at the time. If every season ticket holder gets a £10 refund for ever away game they watch the club is losing money it seems from this deal.

I paid £279 for my ST. If I watch every game i get a refund of £279 which means I have watched in effect every home game and every away midweek game this season albeit on TV for free. I would have been quite happy to carry on with the current system of getting home games streamed for free which seems a simpler method so why the complication
No. If you do that, you'll owe them a pound. If you don't take the full refund upfront, you'll effectively start with a credit balance on your account of £279. They'll charge you £270 to watch the first 27 games, and you won't have enough money left in your balance to cover the last one.

That's assuming that there is no reduction in the £10 per game cost for those to whom concessions would normally apply.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 6624
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:35 pm
Location: Reading

Re: Club statement on season tickets

Post by QPR_John » Sun Oct 04, 2020 1:58 pm

UxbridgeR wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:18 am
QPR_John wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:04 am
IJM wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:42 am


I would assume the 28 games come from the remaining home games PLUS the midweek away games which is included in the offer.
Yes that adds up. I assume although the club do not make it clear only those who have an away season ticket will get the refund for away matches. But then I did not think an away season ticket was an upfront cost and it only guaranteed a ticket which you had to buy at the time. If every season ticket holder gets a £10 refund for ever away game they watch the club is losing money it seems from this deal.

I paid £279 for my ST. If I watch every game i get a refund of £279 which means I have watched in effect every home game and every away midweek game this season albeit on TV for free. I would have been quite happy to carry on with the current system of getting home games streamed for free which seems a simpler method so why the complication
No. If you do that, you'll owe them a pound. If you don't take the full refund upfront, you'll effectively start with a credit balance on your account of £279. They'll charge you £270 to watch the first 27 games, and you won't have enough money left in your balance to cover the last one.

That's assuming that there is no reduction in the £10 per game cost for those to whom concessions would normally apply.
That's why I said a £279 refund. I assumed I would have to pay £1 for the last game. So my statement was a little misleading if not in fact wrong in it would not be free but cost £1. It got me thinking so I went back to read the statement again. My mistake was assuming you had to pay £10 up front for each stream and would get that refunded at the end of the season but it seems you can watch as many games as your season ticket has credit. In my case 27 games whereas anybody paying more than £280 get to watch all 22 games. For those people it is fundamentally the same scheme as now. The only people the change affects are those paying less than £280 that is people with concessionary tickets. Which appears a little short sighted. If that is the way it works I cannot see why it was introduced so maybe I am still wrong in my understanding. How does it benefit the club surely they have not deliberately introduced a scheme that offers one set of supporters less than another set. Why not a simple scheme where all home games are free and you pay for away games as would be the case in normal times. I have emailed the club for clarification but it seems they are not answering question on the scheme.

Post Reply