LC stadium update

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

deadendjob
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Re: LC stadium update

Post by deadendjob » Fri Oct 09, 2020 6:17 pm

Doesn't really give us that much insight except they're looking at three ideas for how to utilize the space. I get the feeling this is going to drag on for sometime.

Montag
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Montag » Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:04 pm

We must have a 30k stadium so we can have it one third full for nearly every match we play outside the EPL. Which could be an awful lot.
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."
Richard III, Act IV, W. Shakespeare

ZENITH R

Post by ZENITH R » Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:57 pm

Montag wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:04 pm
We must have a 30k stadium so we can have it one third full for nearly every match we play outside the EPL. Which could be an awful lot.
It will be all about the design of the stadium.

Upper and lower tiers would help. Fill the lower tiers, and open the upper tiers if/ when necessary.
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:19 am

ZENITH R wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:57 pm
Montag wrote:

Upper and lower tiers would help. Fill the lower tiers, and open the upper tiers if/ when necessary.
Indeed and, of course, it would be a multi-purpose stadium offering facilities for large and small events, 7 days a week.

222gers
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:30 am

ZENITH R wrote:
Montag wrote:

It'll all end in tiers....

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:34 am

222gers wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:30 am
ZENITH R wrote:
Montag wrote:

It'll all end in tiers....
That's what happens when you have rows...

SM
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by SM » Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:04 am

deadendjob wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 6:17 pm
Doesn't really give us that much insight except they're looking at three ideas for how to utilize the space. I get the feeling this is going to drag on for sometime.
I totally agree. This will continue to rumble on for years and years. It will happen eventually (like the training ground), but not for a long time yet.
Isle Of Wight R'ssssssssss

StevenageRanger
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by StevenageRanger » Sun Oct 11, 2020 7:00 am

SM wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:04 am
deadendjob wrote:
I totally agree. This will continue to rumble on for years and years. It will happen eventually (like the training ground), but not for a long time yet.
Unless we get back to the Prem, I am happy for it to rumble on for years. Won’t fill LR week in week out in the Championship so let’s stay!

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:27 am

StevenageRanger wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 7:00 am
SM wrote:
deadendjob wrote:
Unless we get back to the Prem, I am happy for it to rumble on for years. Won’t fill LR week in week out in the Championship so let’s stay!
For the gazillionth time... it isn't about filling the stadium for a football match, it is about creating a sustainable and profitable revenue stream most days of the year. I don't get why this is such a difficult concept to grasp.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

Montag
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Montag » Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:24 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:27 am
StevenageRanger wrote:
SM wrote:

For the gazillionth time... it isn't about filling the stadium for a football match, it is about creating a sustainable and profitable revenue stream most days of the year. I don't get why this is such a difficult concept to grasp.
Believe it or not, some of us are actually attached to LR. Vulcan.
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."
Richard III, Act IV, W. Shakespeare

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:47 am

Montag wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:24 pm
Esox Lucius wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:27 am
StevenageRanger wrote:

Believe it or not, some of us are actually attached to LR. Vulcan.
I was attached to White City, but it didn't work out.

stainesranger
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by stainesranger » Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:57 am

Conversely, i think it might be one of the few things to stop me going if I had to watch football in a half empty stadium regularly

ZENITH R

Post by ZENITH R » Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:30 am

stainesranger wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:57 am
Conversely, i think it might be one of the few things to stop me going if I had to watch football in a half empty stadium regularly
If it happens, we will have a blank piece of paper. Hopefully, those designing the new stadium will learn from the mistakes of others and build it to overcome the shortcomings.

As for being attached to LR ... I've been going there for over 50 years, but it's a bit like a house I lived in many years ago in Willesden. It wasn't big enough and had too many disadvantages - we moved, and while I have fond memories of that house, it was time to move, and the new house offered so much more.

I would add, we have had more home grounds than any other club in the football league, so one more should not be a problem.
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:02 am

ZENITH R wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:30 am
stainesranger wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:57 am
If it happens, we will have a blank piece of paper. Hopefully, those designing the new stadium will learn from the mistakes of others and build it to overcome the shortcomings.

As for being attached to LR ... I've been going there for over 50 years, but it's a bit like a house I lived in many years ago in Willesden. It wasn't big enough and had too many disadvantages - we moved, and while I have fond memories of that house, it was time to move, and the new house offered so much more.

I would add, we have had more home grounds than any other club in the football league, so one more should not be a problem.
Exactly this ^^^. Stadium MK is a good design intent for anything we end up; a lower tier of approx 20k with room for expansion to 30k if needed. What is of more concern to me is that QPR own the freehold of the KPFS but will only be tenants in the proposed LCS. Any more there should be ties to a 999 year guaranteed lease.