LC stadium update

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

LC stadium update

Post by dm » Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:29 am

Comments on and a link to a report prepared for the Wormwood Scrubs Charitable Trust about the LC Stadium: https://twitter.com/SecureRFuture/statu ... 5498097665

ZENITH R

Re: LC stadium update

Post by ZENITH R » Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:36 am

dm wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:29 am
Comments on and a link to a report prepared for the Wormwood Scrubs Charitable Trust about the LC Stadium: https://twitter.com/SecureRFuture/statu ... 5498097665
So it seems they are rejecting the option of QPR moving there.
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:38 am

ZENITH R wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:36 am
dm wrote:
That's not at all how I read it. The Twitter comments seem to offer some reasons for a bit of optimism.

ZENITH R

Post by ZENITH R » Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:49 am

dm wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:38 am
ZENITH R wrote:
dm wrote:
That's not at all how I read it. The Twitter comments seem to offer some reasons for a bit of optimism.
We were option 2, and they recommended rejecting option one and two.

Of course, it is costing them a lot of money (the Council and the Trust) every year, and it needs significant investment. Working with QPR would solve some of those problems for them.
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing up is optional.

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Sat Oct 03, 2020 11:19 am

ZENITH R wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:49 am
dm wrote:
ZENITH R wrote:

Of course, it is costing them a lot of money (the Council and the Trust) every year, and it needs significant investment. Working with QPR would solve some of those problems for them.
According to the poster's comments, we're option 3.

ZENITH R

Post by ZENITH R » Sat Oct 03, 2020 11:28 am

dm wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 11:19 am
ZENITH R wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:49 am
dm wrote:

According to the poster's comments, we're option 3.
I read the report:

http://democracy.lbhf.gov.uk/documents/ ... Report.pdf

.Option 3 could deliver enhanced sports facilities through a deal with Imperial College. While the facilities would primarily be for the use of its students, Imperial College intends to also make the facilities available for other club use (for Thames Valley Harriers and KDFC, for example) and for public use/ hire. While the facilities are expected to only achieve a relatively small operating surplus (before lifecycle), Imperial has other strategic reasons to pursue and develop this option, in consolidating its sports provision closer to its campus hub.

No mention of QPR in there

The costs are currently running at £430,000 for 2019/20 - surely that is not sustainable for the council (their bit is £285,000) against income of £113,000. I failed my O level in Economics, but I don't see how that works if you are a council trying to balance the books.

Remember:
Growing up is optional.

Monkey
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by Monkey » Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:51 pm

The options numbers in the twitter feed don’t correlate to the option numbers in the actual report.

Essentially they’ve ruled out doing nothing and are looking to partner with someone for development, with one of the options being a professional sports team.
If you had a million Shakespeares, could they write like a monkey?

jimjams
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by jimjams » Sat Oct 03, 2020 2:14 pm

Right.
in the rreport:
The shortlist of options was refined to the following:
1. Business as Usual (BAU)/Do Nothing
2. Do Minimum
3. Athletics & sports centre including pitch hub
4. Athletics and major indoor arena
5. Athletics and professional sport stadium
They ruled out the first two, so as the twitter thread says there are three options remaining, of which we are the third:
The OBC recommends moving to the next stage – procuring a partner to
secure the community and project benefits, on the basis of allowing proposals
that reflect options 3, 4 and 5 to come forward for evaluation.
is a bit confusing if referring to both

ZENITH R

Post by ZENITH R » Sat Oct 03, 2020 7:06 pm

jimjams wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 2:14 pm
Right.
in the rreport:
The shortlist of options was refined to the following:
1. Business as Usual (BAU)/Do Nothing
2. Do Minimum
3. Athletics & sports centre including pitch hub
4. Athletics and major indoor arena
5. Athletics and professional sport stadium
They ruled out the first two, so as the twitter thread says there are three options remaining, of which we are the third:
The OBC recommends moving to the next stage – procuring a partner to
secure the community and project benefits, on the basis of allowing proposals
that reflect options 3, 4 and 5 to come forward for evaluation.
is a bit confusing if referring to both
An athletics track would not make it a good venue for watching football. We should offer them Loftus Road for the Athletics club - it's big enough if you knock down a couple of stands - the neighbours would like that too. I'm sure there is a covenant on the Loftus Road site which would prevent houses being built there. So, it could turn into a white elephant that we can't get rid of. It would be a real sweetner for the deal to offer them Loftus Road - we wont need it.

Remember:
Growing up is optional.

jimjams
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by jimjams » Sat Oct 03, 2020 11:36 pm

ZENITH R wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 7:06 pm
An athletics track would not make it a good venue for watching football. We should offer them Loftus Road for the Athletics club - it's big enough if you knock down a couple of stands - the neighbours would like that too. I'm sure there is a covenant on the Loftus Road site which would prevent houses being built there. So, it could turn into a white elephant that we can't get rid of. It would be a real sweetner for the deal to offer them Loftus Road - we wont need it.
I might be wrong but I think the proposal is for a stadium and an athletics track, rather than a stadium with an athletics track in it.

ZENITH R

Post by ZENITH R » Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:46 am

jimjams wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 11:36 pm
ZENITH R wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 7:06 pm
I might be wrong but I think the proposal is for a stadium and an athletics track, rather than a stadium with an athletics track in it.
The site isn't big enough for them to have everything. Using Loftus Road would enable them to achieve that. We desperately need a new stadium, so maybe offering Loftus Road would be the carrot to make it happen.

Remember:
Growing up is optional.

jimjams
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by jimjams » Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:04 am

ZENITH R wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:46 am
The site isn't big enough for them to have everything. Using Loftus Road would enable them to achieve that. We desperately need a new stadium, so maybe offering Loftus Road would be the carrot to make it happen.
According to a report issued by QPR, the plan is for 450-550 homes to be built on the Loftus Road site in a mixed residential/retail development.
It estimates 150-200 million pound cost for the stadium plus 40-65 million for the rest of the site including the athletics track and community sports facilities. I think you can probably make it fit, if you lose the car park or put parking underground. Obviously plans are subject to change, but as it is they are quite fixed on a football-specific stadium.

ZENITH R

Post by ZENITH R » Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:43 am

jimjams wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:04 am
ZENITH R wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:46 am
According to a report issued by QPR, the plan is for 450-550 homes to be built on the Loftus Road site in a mixed residential/retail development.
It estimates 150-200 million pound cost for the stadium plus 40-65 million for the rest of the site including the athletics track and community sports facilities. I think you can probably make it fit, if you lose the car park or put parking underground. Obviously plans are subject to change, but as it is they are quite fixed on a football-specific stadium.
That can only happen - houses on the Loftus Road site, if the covenant is lifted. That will I suspect be a legal minefield.

Remember:
Growing up is optional.

Greyhound
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Greyhound » Sun Oct 04, 2020 1:27 pm

The most important thing is that supporters rally round and make it clear that there is strong local support for the QPR option.

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:45 am

A bit of an update following meeting of Hammersmith and Fulham Council’s Wormwood Scrubs Charitable Trust Committee on October 6th: https://www.mylondon.news/news/west-lon ... d-19067462