Warburton and the question of corners

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Warburton and the question of corners

Post by dm » Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:18 am

Most of us like Warburton, most of the time. I certainly do. However, most of us are increasingly frustrated at what appears to be an inability to solve our problem with corners. I definitely am.

Conceding from corners was a problem last season and is continuing. If anyone would like to produce an analysis showing what our points total might be so far in this and last season if, say, 50% of the goals scored against us from corners were not conceded, I'd be interested in seeing it. It would not be very scientific or even accurate, but would give an indication of what might be if this problem was solved

I'm quite sure Warburton and his staff are trying their level best. It even seemed on Saturday we had a mix of man and zonal marking instead of just zonal. I did notice though that Borough always had a man on Dieng to block his movement yet we failed every time to counter that. I am quite sure that every team we play realise we have this weakness and puts extra preparation on the training ground to exploit it. And as we know, for many it works a treat.

I'm beginning to agree with those who've been calling for a defensive coach. If Warburton could deal with this, would he not have done so by now? He comes across in quite a defensive manner when challenged on this issue and I sense it's embarrassing for him. He seems quite a proud man who may well struggle with admitting he needs help, but help is what he needs.

QPRSTEVE75
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Re: Warburton and the question of corners

Post by QPRSTEVE75 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:59 am

If you wanted to make it more scientific, the actual % of goals scored directly from a corner thrown in the box is 2%....