Dieng

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Dieng

Post by UxbridgeR » Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:24 am

I see he has signed a four year deal, so presumably he's in the manager's plans.

We seem to be dishing out a lot of long contracts again, which makes me slightly apprehensive.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

Systemsguy
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Re: Dieng

Post by Systemsguy » Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:11 am

We've got two players worth some considerable money close to walking away for free.... We gave them shortish contracts as the club tried to balance the books

We've apparently signed some promising players on reasonable length contracts on smallish wages compared to the madness that happened less than 10 years ago...We're not talking a £100K a week on the Brazillian national goalkeeper

The club can't win can they.....
2020/2021.... Keep Calm, no matter the season, we'll follow our team.....

UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by UxbridgeR » Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:20 am

Yep, I've really laid into them there. I hope they can one day recover from that tongue-lashing

Dieng's been at the club three years and has never started a first team game, so it seems reasonable to wonder exactly how "promising" he is.

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:28 am

UxbridgeR wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:20 am
Yep, I've really laid into them there. I hope they can one day recover from that tongue-lashing

Dieng's been at the club three years and has never started a first team game, so it seems reasonable to wonder exactly how "promising" he is.
In the little I have seen of him (mostly U23) I would say he is better than Dillon Barnes and Tyla Dickenson.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

Systemsguy
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Systemsguy » Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:34 am

UxbridgeR wrote:

Didn't Eze get farmed out to Wycombe (similar to Dieng at somewhere or another for expierence) and last year I remember Kakay was considered not good enough.... He got a four year contract...and Masterson who stepped up possibly to early to cover some gaps

I must bow to your obvious superior football knowledge UxR

Your wasted on here mate....

UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by UxbridgeR » Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:22 pm

Systemsguy wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:34 am
UxbridgeR wrote:

Didn't Eze get farmed out to Wycombe (similar to Dieng at somewhere or another for expierence) and last year I remember Kakay was considered not good enough.... He got a four year contract...and Masterson who stepped up possibly to early to cover some gaps

I must bow to your obvious superior football knowledge UxR

Your wasted on here mate....
Where did I suggest my football knowledge was superior ? I think 4 years is a lot for Kakay too for what it's worth.

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:27 pm

I don't think Ux's post is an unreasonable one in the light of the shorter contracts the club have agreed in recent years. My take is that those who have been given new contracts to 2024 are considered having potential to provide good returns on the pitch and in sell-on values.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Dieng become our first choice keeper. There have been small signs that Lumley may be moved on in this transfer window; Dieng's new contract being one of them.

n22hoop
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by n22hoop » Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:12 pm

He's done his time on loan and has earned a stint in the 1st team. It's not like either of the alternatives have made the position their own. They've had their chances.

In addition a quick root round social media and it appears that both his loans spells have been very successful. One of his managers going as far as to say he's a Premiership & International keeper in the making. Took me by surprise a little but fair play to him.

Hence the 4 year deal I suspect.
"Football is the love of form. A spectacle that scarcely leaves a trace in the memory and does not enrich or impoverish knowledge. This is its appeal : it is exciting and empty." Mario Vargas Llosa

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:25 pm

After today's U23 match I expect that the clamour for Marcin Brzozowski to be moved up to the number 1 slot will intensify. :lol:
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

old pauline
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by old pauline » Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:32 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:25 pm
After today's U23 match I expect that the clamour for Marcin Brzozowski to be moved up to the number 1 slot will intensify. :lol:
Would be surprised if he makes it. He's not tall enough to play at the top level.
Come on you Sooopa ........

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:38 pm

old pauline wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:32 pm
Esox Lucius wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:25 pm
Would be surprised if he makes it. He's not tall enough to play at the top level.
I believe Brzozowski is 6' 2". Is that not tall enough?

old pauline
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by old pauline » Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:49 pm

Is he that tall ? Its weird how footballers look smaller in real life than they are.
Come on you Sooopa ........

Systemsguy
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Systemsguy » Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:36 pm

n22hoop wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:12 pm
He's done his time on loan and has earned a stint in the 1st team. It's not like either of the alternatives have made the position their own. They've had their chances.

In addition a quick root round social media and it appears that both his loans spells have been very successful. One of his managers going as far as to say he's a Premiership & International keeper in the making. Took me by surprise a little but fair play to him.

Hence the 4 year deal I suspect.
The hesitence to sign another goalkeeper made me wonder if Dieng was being grromed as the long term option.....