Taking a knee

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

Montag
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Re: Taking a knee

Post by Montag » Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:11 pm

dm wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:29 pm
Johnson and his cabinet are doing all they can to set up a very small section of society to blame for the increase in the R rate. There can be little doubt it is to deflect from the continuing incompetencies of this Government in dealing with the pandemic.

When the current measures they've just put in place fail to work, the Government will not admit fault but blame a few 16 years olds. Utterly despicable.
I agree generally with this although I haven't heard any minister blame anyone. I was going on the stats and what I've seen on the news and witnessed myself. The fact is that the government should've slammed the borders shut in February but they didn't and haven't and people are still going on holiday abroad.
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."
Richard III, Act IV, W. Shakespeare

WA Hoop
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by WA Hoop » Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:18 am

Montag wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:11 pm
dm wrote:
Johnson and his cabinet are doing all they can to set up a very small section of society to blame for the increase in the R rate. There can be little doubt it is to deflect from the continuing incompetencies of this Government in dealing with the pandemic.

When the current measures they've just put in place fail to work, the Government will not admit fault but blame a few 16 years olds. Utterly despicable.
I agree generally with this although I haven't heard any minister blame anyone. I was going on the stats and what I've seen on the news and witnessed myself. The fact is that the government should've slammed the borders shut in February but they didn't and haven't and people are still going on holiday abroad.
Here in Western Australia, the state government shut the international borders in late March and the internal state borders in early April. The result has been a total of 665 cases (mainly returning overseas travellers / cruise ship passengers) and 9 deaths amongst a population of 2.6 million. The down side for us is no holidays abroad, which scuppered my planned trip to Indonesia.
Question everything.

Satch
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:00 pm

dm wrote:

Nail on head. The older generations who vote tory and read the express will lap this shite up and tut about it when they all meet up around friends to drink M&S Merlot and gradually get more and more cavalier about social distancing whilst being convinced it's the kids who are to blame, all meeting up for avocado on toast rather save for a house like they did (before using up their equity to hoover up the rest of the housing stock).

Anyway, as long as we can all go grouse shooting no harm done, hey!

222gers
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:20 pm

Satch wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:00 pm
dm wrote:

Nail on head. The older generations who vote tory and read the express will lap this shite up and tut about it when they all meet up around friends to drink M&S Merlot and gradually get more and more cavalier about social distancing whilst being convinced it's the kids who are to blame, all meeting up for avocado on toast rather save for a house like they did (before using up their equity to hoover up the rest of the housing stock).

Yes, I think we should introduce culling for anyone over 60. Those that survive should be fed on Pedigree Chum which will save money and give them nice cold noses.

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by QPR_John » Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:49 pm

Satch wrote:
dm wrote:

As generalisations go that takes some beating. I assume for the left not all isms are taboo

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:22 pm

QPR_John wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:49 pm
Satch wrote:
dm wrote:

As generalisations go that takes some beating. I assume for the left not all isms are taboo
John, I've never had you down as a Merlot drinking, grouse shooter. I feel sure you're an ale drinking football man like the rest of us :wink:

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by QPR_John » Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:05 pm

dm wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:22 pm
QPR_John wrote:
Satch wrote:

John, I've never had you down as a Merlot drinking, grouse shooter. I feel sure you're an ale drinking football man like the rest of us :wink:
Touch your forlock when talking to me my man

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:04 pm

QPR_John wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:05 pm
dm wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:22 pm
QPR_John wrote:

Touch your forlock when talking to me my man
Ha! This won't be forgotten come the revolution.

Montag
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Montag » Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:02 pm

222gers wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:20 pm
Satch wrote:
dm wrote:

Yes, I think we should introduce culling for anyone over 60. Those that survive should be fed on Pedigree Chum which will save money and give them nice cold noses.
Don't worry, they're doing that by continually extending the state retirement age particularly for low paid workers.
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."

DroopStreetOldBoys
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by DroopStreetOldBoys » Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:12 pm

QPR_John wrote:
Satch wrote:
dm wrote:

As generalisations go, "the left" beats it hands down in the generalisation cup.

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by QPR_John » Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:33 pm

DroopStreetOldBoys wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:12 pm
QPR_John wrote:
Satch wrote:

As generalisations go, "the left" beats it hands down in the generalisation cup.
Really.

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:37 pm

DroopStreetOldBoys wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:12 pm
QPR_John wrote:
Satch wrote:

You must have forgotten "trickle down".

ZENITH R

Post by ZENITH R » Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:47 pm

We didn't do it again today.
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

Montag
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Montag » Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:33 pm

jimjams wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:29 am
I don't know about the level of support (and people who haven't been to university aren't "uneducated") but I don't think people will boo.
A lot of people object to the events to mark remembrance day but they don't go as far as booing during the minute's silence.
A lot? I think if anyone booed during that they would be made to feel most unwelcome at any football ground in the UK.

Systemsguy
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Systemsguy » Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:47 pm

Dara O'Briain kindly noted today on Twitter that our club changed its stadium name to a young academy player who was murdered with a knife....

Actions not words Nedum and Tricky Trev.....
2020/2021.... Keep Calm, no matter the season, we'll follow our team.....