Taking a knee

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Re: Taking a knee

Post by UxbridgeR » Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:25 pm

It was relevant in the context of the original post. That's how context works.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by QPR_John » Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:41 pm

UxbridgeR wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:25 pm
It was relevant in the context of the original post. That's how context works.
No it wasn't and you know it. The poster may have some ulterier motivation I don't know but why you should raise the question of the motivation of the attacker defeats me. Attacking somebody not least a 63 year old because they asked you to wear a mask has nothing to do with taking the knee, BLM or racism but is simple thuggery. I just wonder what motivation justifies it in your mind.

UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by UxbridgeR » Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:50 pm

QPR_John wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:41 pm
[quote=UxbridgeR post_id=881403 time=1600640720 user
Last edited by UxbridgeR on Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:34 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Andy_N19
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Andy_N19 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:52 pm

QPR_John wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:14 pm
UxbridgeR wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:52 pm
QPR_John wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:44 pm

You asked for the motivation for a 18 - 24 yo's to proceed to kick the sh1t out of a 63'yo NHS worker. By asking the question you seem to be saying there could be a valid motive for such action
Try again. Systems Guy threw this little titbit into the mix as though it were somehow related to BLM.Presumably because the perpretator in that scenario was black. I'll leave you to speculate on his motives there.
".......Do you have any actual information on who the guy was, how old he was, or what his motivation was ?

The motivation you were talking about is that of the attacker not the poster. So why do you think his motivation is relevant.
:troll
Staff Benda Bilili

Andy_N19
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Andy_N19 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:53 pm

Lee Gib wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:26 pm
Not the first time Mark Duggan has been mentioned here like he was some kind of innocent passer by shot for the colour of his skin. He was an armed thug planning to carry out a family related gangland hit and he was lawfully killed by police, and I'm quite sure if he was white none of us would know his name. And how was Rashan Charles 'murdered by police' exactly? You understand that this is the kind of BS talk that creates division in this country?
Risible indeed.
Staff Benda Bilili

Lee Gib
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by Lee Gib » Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:04 pm

The left in a nutshell

UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by UxbridgeR » Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:08 pm

What is ?

Lee Gib
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by Lee Gib » Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:13 am

UxbridgeR wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:08 pm
What is ?
Talk bullshit. Get called out for it. Go directly to the insults and ignore. All we need is a twitteresque block button for the full house. Obviously I'm not talking about you Ux.

DroopStreetOldBoys
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by DroopStreetOldBoys » Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:17 am

QPR_John wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:01 pm
DroopStreetOldBoys wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:09 pm
Bit of a leap there John.
Not really if you go back and read the relevant posts.

If a statement which begins "I am not racist" is ironic which you said, then by the definition of ironic, what follows on in that statement you must feel is racist.

No I didn't say that, you seem to be confused. You should be more careful.

QPR-NI
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by QPR-NI » Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:49 am

Andy_N19 wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:38 pm
QPR-NI wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:05 pm
To coin a phrase, I think everyone’s life is of equal importance. The vast vast majority of police in the US and the U.K. have never treated a black personality any differently from anyone else.

No black prople have been illegally killed in the U.K. in 40 years.

Everyone has “lived life experience”, good and bad. Do you think a successful black millionaire has a harder life than a poverty stricken white benefit claimant?

Anyone can take a knee for whatever they want, the problem arises when you try to force those that don’t agree, to do the same thing.

Do you acknowledge that young black men are in far more danger from each other than the Police?

Do you acknowledge that those behind the BLM movement never mention that ?

Do you acknowledge that BLM is s revolutionary Marxist organisation with no interest in democracy?
To coin a phrase

No interest in you coining a phrase, you know full well the history of the British Empire over the last 350 years with racial injustice endemic and a racial hierarchy firmly established all around the world
What has that to do with any person living today?

They didn’t do it. You are placing modern morality on hundreds of years old events, and being selective about it.

Africans took slaves, the ancient Egyptians had slaves and an Empire. Romans, Vikings Native Americans.......

Have you a line drawn anywhere in particular?
No black people have been illegally killed in the U.K. in 40 years.

Rashan Charles was murdered by the police in 2017, Mark Duggan killed by police in 2011, Jean Charles de Menezes killed in 2005, Chery Groce 1985, I could go on ad-nauseum if you want.
Your statement was ridiculous and quite offensive.
Do you know what “illegally killed” means?

Name one court case in 40 years where a Police killing was deemed unjustified?

Everyone has “lived life experience”, good and bad. Do you think a successful black millionaire has a harder life than a poverty stricken white benefit claimant?

Again a fatuous statement, outliers to any argument can be found, but the lived experience of people putting up with micro aggressions if they are black or brown is something I hear of every single day.
This lecture by David Olusoga may enlighten you https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XALf10024r8&t=17s
Well, if you “hear of it” , it must be true.

No one else experiences micro aggressions I’m sure.

Anyone can take a knee for whatever they want, the problem arises when you try to force those that don’t agree, to do the same thing.
McClean as far as I know isn't forcing anybody to his point of view, if he did I'd be the first to rebuke him strongly. By the way I was born into a Protestant background although now I have no religious affiliations. By the way I haven't heard anybody forcing anyone to take the knee, I wouldn't and think it should stop, if individual players do it then that's fine with me.
The Premier League were doing it as a matter of course. No dissenters.

Do you acknowledge that young black men are in far more danger from each other than the Police?
Why do you mention this?
Is it not relevant if your entire motivation is black lives?
Is the simple fact that the far and away biggest group of people who kill young black men, are other young black men?

Why do BLM not focus on stopping this?

Do you acknowledge that those behind the BLM movement never mention that ?
Do you understand the rationale behind BLM? It's about achieving equality, not dominance. You sound like an ignoramus from Ulster peddling a sectarian agenda. How come you support QPR, a broad church of people in a colourful part of London catering to all colours and creeds walking into Loftus Road?
Perhaps you should read Mandela's "Long Walk to Freedom". No mention of subjugation there.
An “ ignoramus” is it?

I’ll support who I want I’m sure Alan McDonald would have loved you calling him an “ignoramus from Ulster”.

Sounds a bit racist actually?

You aren’t a racist are you?
Do you acknowledge that BLM is s revolutionary Marxist organisation with no interest in democracy?

Risable as a long term poster on here used to say.
Feel free to read the BLM website. They aren’t hiding their Marxist revolutionary views.

But then you only see what you want to see and hear what you want to hear, facts are an irrelevance when matched against your feelings.

Andy_N19
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Andy_N19 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:08 am

NI you are boring and I am moving on.
Staff Benda Bilili

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by QPR_John » Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:42 am

Andy_N19 wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:52 pm
QPR_John wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:14 pm
UxbridgeR wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:52 pm

Try again. Systems Guy threw this little titbit into the mix as though it were somehow related to BLM.Presumably because the perpretator in that scenario was black. I'll leave you to speculate on his motives there.
".......Do you have any actual information on who the guy was, how old he was, or what his motivation was ?

The motivation you were talking about is that of the attacker not the poster. So why do you think his motivation is relevant.
?

QPR-NI
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by QPR-NI » Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:00 am

Andy_N19 wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:08 am
NI you are boring and I am moving on.
You have no argument and have no option but to move on.

No one cares about your feelings. Stick to the facts.

UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by UxbridgeR » Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:22 am

How many other Ben Shapiro fans do we have on this board ?

Wegerle
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Wegerle » Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:24 am

This thread is a perfect example of why you shouldn't drag politics and highly inflamable social issues into football.
We all have different views on social issues and politics. No one has all the wisdom or all the right answers. What is wrong for one person is right for the other.
There are times and places to discuss racism, homophobia, gender inequality etc. Kneeling down in a football stadium filled with 14.000 unique and different views won't help the cause.No one is suddenly going to change their mind on the whole issue. Also we should then start a kneel down against all other moral injustices which can be just as bad otherwise other groups will feel discriminated by the fact that their agenda is not being equally attended to. Where do you draw the line on this slippery slope?

Football is a day out for people, a couple of hours off from all the daily slog. Fans shouldn't have to be confronted with all kinds of opinions and agendas; they will have that done a plenty in daily life.

Giving racists a life time ban and hefty fine and then publicly explaining how, why and what will do the cause much more good in my opinion. But then again there are likely to be many more different opinions. :wink:
Last edited by Wegerle on Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.