Taking a knee

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

Post Reply
User avatar
DroopStreetOldBoys
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger
Posts: 860
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:10 pm

Re: Taking a knee

Post by DroopStreetOldBoys » Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:09 pm

Bit of a leap there John.

User avatar
222gers
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 5247
Joined: Sat Feb 10, 2007 3:55 pm
Location: LONDON

Re: Taking a knee

Post by 222gers » Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:48 pm

deadendjob wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:50 pm
222gers wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:01 pm
I am in no way racist but I don't want to see the taking the knee, or players raising their shirts to show some sort of political T shirt. I don't particularly want to see players sucking their thumbs because their wife has had a child. I pay to support my club and watch football not to be indoctrinated. As has been said, our club has a fine record on equality and diversity and I'm proud of that, long may it last.
I love when people lead a discussion like this - especially when no-one is accusing them of being one.
The thing is........we have to preface our remarks with something along those lines because many people are just waiting for the opportunity to find something racist in our remarks. People that use social media call it, I believe, “virtue signalling”.
We are in great danger, I believe, in losing the right of Free Speech in this country.

User avatar
UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend
Posts: 10352
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:45 pm

Re: Taking a knee

Post by UxbridgeR » Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:49 pm

QPR-NI wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:05 pm

No black prople have been illegally killed in the U.K. in 40 years.
Wow. Fair play for showing your true colours there.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

User avatar
UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend
Posts: 10352
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:45 pm

Re: Taking a knee

Post by UxbridgeR » Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:57 pm

QPR_John wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:40 pm
UxbridgeR wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:11 pm
Systemsguy wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:51 pm
Droop old boy...

I happen to frequent Tottenham these days and last month one of these so called educated 18 - 24 yo's proceeded to kick the sh1t out of a 63'yo NHS worker ( you know the type who shouldn't be outside their home due to their impending retirement age) on a bus as he moved away from him as the latter refused to wear a mask on the bus near Seven Sisters.....

What's your point here ? Should we assume that every black man is a BLM activist ? Do you have any actual information on who the guy was, how old he was, or what his motivation was ?
Motivation!!!!
Explain. If you can.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

User avatar
QPR-NI
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 1697
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:21 pm
Location: CO Tyrone Northern Ireland

Re: Taking a knee

Post by QPR-NI » Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:09 pm

UxbridgeR wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:49 pm
QPR-NI wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:05 pm

No black prople have been illegally killed in the U.K. in 40 years.
Wow. Fair play for showing your true colours there.
I should have added “by the Police”.

Any comment on the rest?

User avatar
UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend
Posts: 10352
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:45 pm

Re: Taking a knee

Post by UxbridgeR » Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:23 pm

QPR-NI wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:09 pm
UxbridgeR wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:49 pm
QPR-NI wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:05 pm

No black prople have been illegally killed in the U.K. in 40 years.
Wow. Fair play for showing your true colours there.
I should have added “by the Police”.

Any comment on the rest?
With an All Lives Matter guy ? I wouldn't waste my breath.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 6624
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:35 pm
Location: Reading

Re: Taking a knee

Post by QPR_John » Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:44 pm

UxbridgeR wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:57 pm
QPR_John wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:40 pm
UxbridgeR wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:11 pm



What's your point here ? Should we assume that every black man is a BLM activist ? Do you have any actual information on who the guy was, how old he was, or what his motivation was ?
Motivation!!!!
Explain. If you can.

You asked for the motivation for a 18 - 24 yo's to proceed to kick the sh1t out of a 63'yo NHS worker. By asking the question you seem to be saying there could be a valid motive for such action

User avatar
QPR-NI
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 1697
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:21 pm
Location: CO Tyrone Northern Ireland

Re: Taking a knee

Post by QPR-NI » Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:51 pm

UxbridgeR wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:23 pm
QPR-NI wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:09 pm
UxbridgeR wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:49 pm


Wow. Fair play for showing your true colours there.
I should have added “by the Police”.

Any comment on the rest?
With an All Lives Matter guy ? I wouldn't waste my breath.
You can’t waste your breath because your argument is non existent.

Blame everyone but the criminals. They get a free pass with BLM.

User avatar
Lee Gib
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007
Posts: 2130
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:25 pm
Location: Gibraltar

Re: Taking a knee

Post by Lee Gib » Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:01 pm

UxbridgeR wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:23 pm
With an All Lives Matter guy ? I wouldn't waste my breath.
2020. The year when suggesting that all lives are of equal value is seen as a negative.

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 6624
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:35 pm
Location: Reading

Re: Taking a knee

Post by QPR_John » Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:01 pm

DroopStreetOldBoys wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:09 pm
Bit of a leap there John.
Not really if you go back and read the relevant posts.

If a statement which begins "I am not racist" is ironic which you said, then by the definition of ironic, what follows on in that statement you must feel is racist.

User avatar
deadendjob
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 5637
Joined: Sat May 19, 2012 2:56 pm
Location: Auckland, New Zealand

Re: Taking a knee

Post by deadendjob » Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:03 pm

222gers wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:48 pm
deadendjob wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:50 pm
222gers wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:01 pm
I am in no way racist but I don't want to see the taking the knee, or players raising their shirts to show some sort of political T shirt. I don't particularly want to see players sucking their thumbs because their wife has had a child. I pay to support my club and watch football not to be indoctrinated. As has been said, our club has a fine record on equality and diversity and I'm proud of that, long may it last.
I love when people lead a discussion like this - especially when no-one is accusing them of being one.
The thing is........we have to preface our remarks with something along those lines because many people are just waiting for the opportunity to find something racist in our remarks. People that use social media call it, I believe, “virtue signalling”.
We are in great danger, I believe, in losing the right of Free Speech in this country.
Laughable.
Image

User avatar
Andy_N19
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger
Posts: 3901
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:37 pm

Re: Taking a knee

Post by Andy_N19 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:38 pm

QPR-NI wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:05 pm
To coin a phrase, I think everyone’s life is of equal importance. The vast vast majority of police in the US and the U.K. have never treated a black personality any differently from anyone else.

No black prople have been illegally killed in the U.K. in 40 years.

Everyone has “lived life experience”, good and bad. Do you think a successful black millionaire has a harder life than a poverty stricken white benefit claimant?

Anyone can take a knee for whatever they want, the problem arises when you try to force those that don’t agree, to do the same thing.

Do you acknowledge that young black men are in far more danger from each other than the Police?

Do you acknowledge that those behind the BLM movement never mention that ?

Do you acknowledge that BLM is s revolutionary Marxist organisation with no interest in democracy?
To coin a phrase

No interest in you coining a phrase, you know full well the history of the British Empire over the last 350 years with racial injustice endemic and a racial hierarchy firmly established all around the world

No black people have been illegally killed in the U.K. in 40 years.

Rashan Charles was murdered by the police in 2017, Mark Duggan killed by police in 2011, Jean Charles de Menezes killed in 2005, Chery Groce 1985, I could go on ad-nauseum if you want.
Your statement was ridiculous and quite offensive.

Everyone has “lived life experience”, good and bad. Do you think a successful black millionaire has a harder life than a poverty stricken white benefit claimant?

Again a fatuous statement, outliers to any argument can be found, but the lived experience of people putting up with micro aggressions if they are black or brown is something I hear of every single day.
This lecture by David Olusoga may enlighten you https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XALf10024r8&t=17s

Anyone can take a knee for whatever they want, the problem arises when you try to force those that don’t agree, to do the same thing.

McClean as far as I know isn't forcing anybody to his point of view, if he did I'd be the first to rebuke him strongly. By the way I was born into a Protestant background although now I have no religious affiliations. By the way I haven't heard anybody forcing anyone to take the knee, I wouldn't and think it should stop, if individual players do it then that's fine with me.

Do you acknowledge that young black men are in far more danger from each other than the Police?

Why do you mention this?

Do you acknowledge that those behind the BLM movement never mention that ?

Do you understand the rationale behind BLM? It's about achieving equality, not dominance. You sound like an ignoramus from Ulster peddling a sectarian agenda. How come you support QPR, a broad church of people in a colourful part of London catering to all colours and creeds walking into Loftus Road?
Perhaps you should read Mandela's "Long Walk to Freedom". No mention of subjugation there.

Do you acknowledge that BLM is s revolutionary Marxist organisation with no interest in democracy?

Risable as a long term poster on here used to say.
Staff Benda Bilili

User avatar
Lee Gib
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007
Posts: 2130
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:25 pm
Location: Gibraltar

Re: Taking a knee

Post by Lee Gib » Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:26 pm

Not the first time Mark Duggan has been mentioned here like he was some kind of innocent passer by shot for the colour of his skin. He was an armed thug planning to carry out a family related gangland hit and he was lawfully killed by police, and I'm quite sure if he was white none of us would know his name. And how was Rashan Charles 'murdered by police' exactly? You understand that this is the kind of BS talk that creates division in this country?
Risible indeed.

User avatar
UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend
Posts: 10352
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:45 pm

Re: Taking a knee

Post by UxbridgeR » Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:52 pm

QPR_John wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:44 pm
UxbridgeR wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:57 pm
QPR_John wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:40 pm


Motivation!!!!
Explain. If you can.

You asked for the motivation for a 18 - 24 yo's to proceed to kick the sh1t out of a 63'yo NHS worker. By asking the question you seem to be saying there could be a valid motive for such action
Try again. Systems Guy threw this little titbit into the mix as though it were somehow related to BLM.Presumably because the perpretator in that scenario was black. I'll leave you to speculate on his motives there.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 6624
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:35 pm
Location: Reading

Re: Taking a knee

Post by QPR_John » Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:14 pm

UxbridgeR wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:52 pm
QPR_John wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:44 pm
UxbridgeR wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:57 pm


Explain. If you can.

You asked for the motivation for a 18 - 24 yo's to proceed to kick the sh1t out of a 63'yo NHS worker. By asking the question you seem to be saying there could be a valid motive for such action
Try again. Systems Guy threw this little titbit into the mix as though it were somehow related to BLM.Presumably because the perpretator in that scenario was black. I'll leave you to speculate on his motives there.
".......Do you have any actual information on who the guy was, how old he was, or what his motivation was ?

The motivation you were talking about is that of the attacker not the poster. So why do you think his motivation is relevant.

Post Reply