Coventry match

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

User avatar
trevsinclair85
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger
Posts: 1168
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:02 pm

Re: Coventry match

Post by trevsinclair85 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:35 pm

QPR-FOREVER-N-EVER wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:32 pm
Sorry but I personally don’t think Kakay is good enough..sorry if people disagree with that!
Been one of our best tonight.

User avatar
Wegerle
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger
Posts: 4798
Joined: Sun Feb 11, 2007 11:20 am
Location: Holland

Re: Coventry match

Post by Wegerle » Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:38 pm

A game we certainly didn't have to lose. We scored two again but very poor defending cost us the game.

QPR-FOREVER-N-EVER
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 2359
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 12:04 am
Location: London

Re: Coventry match

Post by QPR-FOREVER-N-EVER » Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:39 pm

trevsinclair85 wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:35 pm
QPR-FOREVER-N-EVER wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:32 pm
Sorry but I personally don’t think Kakay is good enough..sorry if people disagree with that!
Been one of our best tonight.

I’m very worried for this team then
CMON U SUPPA HOOOPSA!!!!

KildarePete
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger
Posts: 342
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:33 pm
Location: Boston MA

Re: Coventry match

Post by KildarePete » Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:41 pm

Same theme from last season - very porous defense, very weak on defending set pieces.
Scoring goals could be a problem as well - Eze, Hugill and Wells were our top scorers last season.

User avatar
trevsinclair85
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger
Posts: 1168
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:02 pm

Re: Coventry match

Post by trevsinclair85 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:43 pm

We need a new LB, and a commanding CB to go with Dickie. And god do we need a goalkeeper.

old pauline
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger
Posts: 3675
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:06 pm
Location: Wimbledon
Contact:

Re: Coventry match

Post by old pauline » Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:44 pm

Warbs is going to say 'they were a hungry team who showed why they came up with passion and purpose in their attacking play'. He will say that we didn't do enough to hurt them where it matters. There will be no criticism of the defence.
Come on you Sooopa ........

carrotstick
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 1313
Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:34 pm

Re: Coventry match

Post by carrotstick » Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:45 pm

Wegerle wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:38 pm
A game we certainly didn't have to lose. We scored two again but very poor defending cost us the game.
Poor defending always costs us the game.Have we got a defensive coach, if we have he needs sacking, if we haven’t we need one. And we need a goalkeeper, Lumley is the worst we have had since I’ve been watching the R’s in 48 years, he gives the defence no confidence.

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 6624
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:35 pm
Location: Reading

Re: Coventry match

Post by QPR_John » Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:46 pm

Not a tactical expert so if somebody can explain that performance and tell me what is happening please be my guest. On top, get a penalty then concede and fall to pieces. Maybe it is simple and we are a poor team easy to play against. I've thought for a while now that whoever is playing us knows they will get a chance and thus feel never beaten.

Devonranger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 6623
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:20 am
Location: Exeter

Re: Coventry match

Post by Devonranger » Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:47 pm

Got to give this team a chance - couple of extra forward players are needed so can unxersatnd why we are in the market for those.

BOS by no means the worst - lack of decent ball into the front players and when they did get it, failed to get us a foothold up there. Looked better when Chair moved inside. Tempted to give Smyth a start left side, and start Chair off Dykes - BOS right.

Sadly Lumley looked uncertain to me which is a shame as I think he has the makings of a decent keeper.

Albert Steptoe
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 5193
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:22 pm

Re: Coventry match

Post by Albert Steptoe » Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:48 pm

Lee Wallace. :lol:

User avatar
Rbee
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 5682
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:01 pm
Location: Swinedon

Re: Coventry match

Post by Rbee » Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:49 pm

There is an element of truth in that John. Coventry grew in to the game once they realised how weak we are in defence.

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 6624
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:35 pm
Location: Reading

Re: Coventry match

Post by QPR_John » Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:49 pm

Devonranger wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:47 pm
Got to give this team a chance - couple of extra forward players are needed so can unxersatnd why we are in the market for those.

BOS by no means the worst - lack of decent ball into the front players and when they did get it, failed to get us a foothold up there. Looked better when Chair moved inside. Tempted to give Smyth a start left side, and start Chair off Dykes - BOS right.

Sadly Lumley looked uncertain to me which is a shame as I think he has the makings of a decent keeper.

Scored two away from home but conceded three.

ANDREW1302
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger
Posts: 425
Joined: Sun Feb 11, 2007 12:39 pm

Re: Coventry match

Post by ANDREW1302 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:50 pm

Wallace was very poor. He is in in place of Manning and is a very weak link. Barbet and Dickie kept chasing the same ball at corners. Clearly all Warburton's talk about defensive understanding is not working. We were slow , 2nd to most balls and incredible how we could be so good last week and so poor tonight. Darbo took up the same position for the whole of the 2nd half and was a free man for the entire time. He was the real danger and was not covered off. I think Robbins at half time said look Wallace if really 2nd rate lets put Darbo up against him and he will crumble which is basically what happened. And by the way i don't think Dykes won a header all night. Very very disappointing. Lethargic throughout.

Albert Steptoe
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 5193
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:22 pm

Re: Coventry match

Post by Albert Steptoe » Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:50 pm

QPR_John wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:46 pm
Not a tactical expert so if somebody can explain that performance and tell me what is happening please be my guest. On top, get a penalty then concede and fall to pieces. Maybe it is simple and we are a poor team easy to play against. I've thought for a while now that whoever is playing us knows they will get a chance and thus feel never beaten.
A Warnock team would have won that match because he knows that successful football teams need to be able to defend. Quite what the likes of Lumley and Wallace are still doing in our team shows that Warburton doesn't. Anyway, he suits the unambitious board and DoF because we're going nowhere.

Devonranger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 6623
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:20 am
Location: Exeter

Re: Coventry match

Post by Devonranger » Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:56 pm

Scored a penalty and from a set piece - would be interwsted to know how many shots on target did we create from open play?

Post Reply