Manning & BOS

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

deadendjob
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Manning & BOS

Post by deadendjob » Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:45 pm

Warbs has indicated he's going to leave out Manning & BOS against Forest (and the foreseeable future) unless they renew their contracts.
BOS wants a move away, but the reason Manning hasn't moved is because he's changing agent and they haven't held talks.

Honestly I'm happy the club are sticking to their guns on this.

Sauce

Rbee
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Re: Manning & BOS

Post by Rbee » Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:28 am

I think Manning should play as he is changing agent and no talks have taken place yet.

BOS should have gone to Brugge and played in The Champions League, this could have been the highlight of his career. Neither are currently Premier League footballers lacking the quality of Luke Freeman let alone Eb's.

Reality check for them both, sign your contracts and keep improving your game.

n22hoop
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by n22hoop » Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:59 am

Rbee wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:28 am
I think Manning should play as he is changing agent and no talks have taken place yet.

BOS should have gone to Brugge and played in The Champions League, this could have been the highlight of his career. Neither are currently Premier League footballers lacking the quality of Luke Freeman let alone Eb's.

Reality check for them both, sign your contracts and keep improving your game.
THIS is true.
"Football is the love of form. A spectacle that scarcely leaves a trace in the memory and does not enrich or impoverish knowledge. This is its appeal : it is exciting and empty." Mario Vargas Llosa

QPR-FOREVER-N-EVER
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by QPR-FOREVER-N-EVER » Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:01 pm

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/ ... yi-samuel/

No idea how true this is and I don’t want him to leave but if he ends up there then wow! aniclap
CMON U SUPPA HOOOPSA!!!!

UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by UxbridgeR » Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:11 pm

Apparently Sky Sports are reporting that BOS "wants Crystal Palace to make an offer for him". Is that how the transfer market works now 🤔
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

ZENITH R

Post by ZENITH R » Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:18 pm

QPR-FOREVER-N-EVER wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:01 pm
https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/ ... yi-samuel/

No idea how true this is and I don’t want him to leave but if he ends up there then wow! aniclap
I wondered where Gary Penrice had gone.
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

Rbee
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Rbee » Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:05 pm

UxbridgeR wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:11 pm
Apparently Sky Sports are reporting that BOS "wants Crystal Palace to make an offer for him". Is that how the transfer market works now 🤔
Half hearted effort from BOS. If he really wanted a move to Palace he would drive over to their training ground and park up.

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:54 pm

In his pre-match interview Warburton says BOS and Manning are available for selection this Saturday. Is it me, or does this seem to contradict what he's previously said about players not committed to the club?

old pauline
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by old pauline » Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:20 pm

I don't think we can afford to leave players out who might move some time in the future. Additionally, they are still under contract, so they should still be made to train hard and follow all the rules. If they are doing that then there isn't an issue. Get them in.
Come on you Sooopa ........

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:25 pm

old pauline wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:20 pm
I don't think we can afford to leave players out who might move some time in the future. Additionally, they are still under contract, so they should still be made to train hard and follow all the rules. If they are doing that then there isn't an issue. Get them in.
I don't think either of them have shown any lack of effort or commitment. They certainly don't seem to playing with a bad attitude.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

deadendjob
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by deadendjob » Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:30 pm

dm wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:54 pm
In his pre-match interview Warburton says BOS and Manning are available for selection this Saturday. Is it me, or does this seem to contradict what he's previously said about players not committed to the club?
I mean, it could be that he's trying to throw off Forest so they can't plan for the team he's going to put forward?

jimjams
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by jimjams » Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:27 am

I think it's quite likely BOS has until the end of the window to get a move, and after that it's sign or don't play. Don't know about Manning, but likely they will give him time to sort out a new agent, especially as poor advice from agents might be part of the stand-off.
I don't think this will cause a big stink in hte dressing room necessarily, but the danger is if MW doesn't hold his nerve on it. We definitely will go on a bad run of 6 or so games, and when that happens, he will be under pressure to play sidelined players. I hope he sticks to his guns if he takes this route. It's a strategy that might not "work" in the short term, but lets players know what the limits are to running their contracts down in the longer term.

Satch
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:46 am

Is there a source regarding Manning changing agent? We've been trying to agree on a new deal for some time.

I'm not sure this is the right strategy tbh. I don't think either player is being difficult, they just don't want to extend their spell here. I don't think keeping them out really aids either party or sends much of a message. I don't think it will force their hands.

Rbee
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Rbee » Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:16 am

Much of the media reporting Manning’s change of agent.

Maybe they are not being difficult but this season is going to be bloody tough as it is without fielding players who want away. Further they will be talking with the rest of the squad and it’s likely some of that talk will not be QPR positive.

I do understand that their personal priority is to earn as much as possible but without QPR they might be playing much further down the leagues so a little more loyalty would be nice to see but hey that’s football right!

I have seen the argument that signing a new contract as Luke Freeman and Eb’s did would not affect their transfer possibilities but I think it would. Luke and Eb’s are far better players and so interest will always be there whereas the same interest is not there with Manning and BOS therefore they need to leave on a free to obtain the signing on fees and higher salaries.

It’s a difficult situation exacerbated by the fact they are arguably our two best players which takes me back to my point that it is going to be a bloody tough season!

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by QPR_John » Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:37 am

Satch wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:46 am
Is there a source regarding Manning changing agent? We've been trying to agree on a new deal for some time.

I'm not sure this is the right strategy tbh. I don't think either player is being difficult, they just don't want to extend their spell here. I don't think keeping them out really aids either party or sends much of a message. I don't think it will force their hands.
Players hold all the aces at the moment. If a player signs a contract for 3 years they know they only need to perform for 2 years to get a move but safe in the knowledge they will be paid for the final year.. It is about time players realised a contract has to work for both parties. While a player has every right to run down his contract a club has a similar right not to play him. A year of not being in the shop window is not conducive to a good move. Why not sign a contract with a realistic release clause. Both sides win.