IF WE GOT 30 million ...

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Re: IF WE GOT 30 million ...

Post by dm » Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:00 pm

Andy_N19 wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:52 pm
It's terrible, young Ebere hasn't even left and I'm missing his skill and class already. :(

Still, that's happened before and we've gone on to produce more talent. :)
And we've got his brother coming through the U18s, but don't tell anyone ssh

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:39 pm

and don't get him mixed up with Arkel Jude-Boyd :lol:
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

Andy_N19
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Andy_N19 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:49 pm

dm wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:00 pm
Andy_N19 wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:52 pm
It's terrible, young Ebere hasn't even left and I'm missing his skill and class already. :(

Still, that's happened before and we've gone on to produce more talent. :)
And we've got his brother coming through the U18s, but don't tell anyone ssh
Thanks for cheering me up there DM :D
Staff Benda Bilili

White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by White Duck » Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:23 pm

I'm not sure why we HAVE to sell all three players in the next month or so.

Eze has 2 years on his contract once we take up our 1 year extension option so if we were to achieve £8-10 million for BOS and Manning that should hopefully give us the option of keeping Eze till next year IMO. Another season like the one he has just had will just add to his value.
Lex Talionis........

deadendjob
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by deadendjob » Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:56 pm

White Duck wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:23 pm

Eze has 2 years on his contract once we take up our 1 year extension option so if we were to achieve £8-10 million for BOS and Manning that should hopefully give us the option of keeping Eze till next year IMO. Another season like the one he has just had will just add to his value.
Eze will go if the price is right, the other two have a year left on their contracts and are refusing to sign extensions. We need to get money now otherwise they'll go for half that (or less) in January ala Charlie Austin.

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by QPR_John » Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:34 am

deadendjob wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:56 pm
White Duck wrote:

Eze will go if the price is right, the other two have a year left on their contracts and are refusing to sign extensions. We need to get money now otherwise they'll go for half that (or less) in January ala Charlie Austin.
Why does it always seem to happen to us. Other clubs dont appear to go lose out, do they get their players to sign up with a promise of a sell clause. Or do we just attract the kind of player who is just after the money. Sell us now or we just run down the contract and get a tasty signing on fee.

Rbee
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Rbee » Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:54 am

QPR_John wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:34 am
Why does it always seem to happen to us. Other clubs dont appear to go lose out, do they get their players to sign up with a promise of a sell clause. Or do we just attract the kind of player who is just after the money. Sell us now or we just run down the contract and get a tasty signing on fee.
[/quote]

It is disappointing John especially when you consider what the club have done to enhance their careers and how good the spirit is within the squad but I guess at the end of the day money talks.

n22hoop
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by n22hoop » Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:03 am

Rbee wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:54 am
QPR_John wrote:
It is disappointing John especially when you consider what the club have done to enhance their careers and how good the spirit is within the squad but I guess at the end of the day money talks.
[/quote]

Refusing to sign a contract extension doesn't make them ungrateful necessarily. Perhaps both are prepared to move this summer making the club a handsome profit? BOS certainly seems to be off. And I think Manning will follow him. If that happens the club will have made good money.
"Football is the love of form. A spectacle that scarcely leaves a trace in the memory and does not enrich or impoverish knowledge. This is its appeal : it is exciting and empty." Mario Vargas Llosa

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by QPR_John » Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:23 am

n22hoop wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:03 am
Rbee wrote:
QPR_John wrote:

Refusing to sign a contract extension doesn't make them ungrateful necessarily. Perhaps both are prepared to move this summer making the club a handsome profit? BOS certainly seems to be off. And I think Manning will follow him. If that happens the club will have made good money.
If they were so interested in the well being of the club why not sign a contract with a release clause.

n22hoop
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by n22hoop » Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:51 am

QPR_John wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:23 am
n22hoop wrote:
Rbee wrote:

If they were so interested in the well being of the club why not sign a contract with a release clause.
There are potentially a host of reasons why both parties might not want that. QPR would be committed to the new (assuming higher) wages associated to the new contract. The release clause value might not be activated. The player could get injured and sit tight for 2-3 seasons.

From my experience players are about as committed to clubs as clubs are to players. By way of an example look no further than this club - we will sell EE to the highest bidders in the coming weeks and all we're talking about is the fee. We've almost no loyalty to him whatsoever. QPR consider EE a commodity. So on that basis should a player look after the club or himself & his family?
"Football is the love of form. A spectacle that scarcely leaves a trace in the memory and does not enrich or impoverish knowledge. This is its appeal : it is exciting and empty." Mario Vargas Llosa

UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by UxbridgeR » Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:09 pm

n22hoop wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:51 am
QPR_John wrote:
n22hoop wrote:

There are potentially a host of reasons why both parties might not want that. QPR would be committed to the new (assuming higher) wages associated to the new contract. The release clause value might not be activated. The player could get injured and sit tight for 2-3 seasons.

From my experience players are about as committed to clubs as clubs are to players. By way of an example look no further than this club - we will sell EE to the highest bidders in the coming weeks and all we're talking about is the fee. We've almost no loyalty to him whatsoever. QPR consider EE a commodity. So on that basis should a player look after the club or himself & his family?
Agreed. For most players it's a job, and they'll go wherever the best opportunities to enhance their career prospects and bank balances take them, just as the vast majority of the general public do. You get the occasional player who's genuinely loyal to a club (usually one he supports), but it's very much the exception rather than the rule. Occasionally a club sticks with a player when he's had a lot of long-term injury problems and they're not getting anything out of him on the field, and I guess in that scenario, you might hope for a little loyalty in return further down the line. More often than not though, it's a fickle business.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:15 pm

n22hoop wrote:
Whereas I agree with what you're saying about commitment, I have an issue with the idea a club can simply sell on a player to any club they wish. Effectively it must be the player's contract and not the player that is available for purchase and, more importantly, the player himself must have the right to consent or not to a transfer. There will be different T&Cs in contracts but the notion that a person can be unilaterally moved on somewhere else is not that far from slavery.

UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by UxbridgeR » Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:21 pm

QPR_John wrote:
deadendjob wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:56 pm
White Duck wrote:

It's not just us though. These decisions are made at every club, and it's always a balancing act between tying down promising young players for as long as you can versus being stuck with players you no longer think will cut the mustard for years.

Personally I don't think you can blame the club for the situations with Manning and BOS. Manning's been here for five and a half years, and this is the first season he's played in the majority of games and at a consistently good level. BOS has been here for three years, and while he's often looked exciting, the end product was patchy to say the least. After his goal at Birmingham, his confidence was sky-high, and suddenly he looked a different player.

The club did what they could in January to tie them down to longer deals, but the players didn't want that. If you went back to last summer, I don't think too many people would have been especially bothered at the prospect of losing either of them.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

n22hoop
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by n22hoop » Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:38 pm

dm wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:15 pm
n22hoop wrote:
Whereas I agree with what you're saying about commitment, I have an issue with the idea a club can simply sell on a player to any club they wish. Effectively it must be the player's contract and not the player that is available for purchase and, more importantly, the player himself must have the right to consent or not to a transfer. There will be different T&Cs in contracts but the notion that a person can be unilaterally moved on somewhere else is not that far from slavery.
Completely agree with this - obviously we're bound by the T&C's of his current contract and it goes without saying that EE himself would need to sanction any move. I hope my post didn't suggest otherwise. My point was more around loyalty & commitment. In the minds of most QPR fans EE has already been sold and we're all quite excited about how the earnings will be spent. Not many posts on here wishing he'd stay and sign a new 5 year contract. Most of the posts are the fans being concerned about getting what he's worth.

It's football and it's fickle.

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by QPR_John » Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:01 pm

n22hoop wrote:
QPR_John wrote:
n22hoop wrote:

No we will sell EE to the club he wishes to move to. If there is more than one then we will sell to the highest bidder.