Amos

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Amos

Post by dm » Fri Jul 24, 2020 6:54 pm

Dave Mc reports today that Warburton wants Amos on loan or, preferably, on a permanent contract next season. Apparently he rates him highly: https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr ... -240720202

The lad has ability and there have been some games this season when he's looked good. However, for me, there have been many more games when he's simply not affected the game.

Given how Eze, BOS and Manning have come on this season, Warburton should be trusted with developing our young players. Should it happen, I hope he gets it right with Amos.

SM
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Re: Amos

Post by SM » Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:40 pm

I really don’t rate Luke Amos.

He reminds me of Tom Carroll... Loads of hype and excitement over his apparent ability, but no real evidence to back it up. Far too lightweight for Championship football too.
Isle Of Wight R'ssssssssss

ZENITH R

Post by ZENITH R » Sat Jul 25, 2020 7:05 am

SM wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:40 pm
I really don’t rate Luke Amos.

He reminds me of Tom Carroll... Loads of hype and excitement over his apparent ability, but no real evidence to back it up. Far too lightweight for Championship football too.
I'd agree. I can't see him getting anywhere near the Spurs first team either in the foreseeable future. He scored two goals at Barnsley, but had a number of good chances through the rest of the season which he missed, so definitely needs to improve that part of his game. He did occasionally play a decent pass, but all to often he lost possession much too easily. Again room for improvement there.

However, in Warburton we trust. If he thinks he can work on those things and make them better, then OK, lets have him back for another season. However, if he is to impress, we need to see a big improvement. We got that with Nahki Wells in his second loan period, so maybe we'll see a similar result.
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Giorgio » Sat Jul 25, 2020 10:50 am

...I was expecting much more from him and honestly I have been disappointed along all the season, when sometimes I could hardly notice his presence on the pitch. Must say that he looked a little bit better after the break. Agree that he does not look like a possible Premiership player, but if the gaffer trusts him, well, may be I shall change my opinion....hopefully next season.

Greyhound
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Greyhound » Sat Jul 25, 2020 3:24 pm

I've not been overly impressed with Amos either, but to be fair, this was his first season back after a serious injury. He's only made 54 senior appearances his career (Eze has made 124 by comparison), so effectively last season was his first serious season. We are clearly investing in the potential, I just hope that if we buy him, the price reflects that.

Montag
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Montag » Sat Jul 25, 2020 7:12 pm

He's a grafter but he seldom creates anything. If Eze goes then we're going to need to replace that attribute more than anything.
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."
Richard III, Act IV, W. Shakespeare

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Sat Jul 25, 2020 7:58 pm

Montag wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 7:12 pm
He's a grafter but he seldom creates anything. If Eze goes then we're going to need to replace that attribute more than anything.
Step forward Faisal Bettache hopefully.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Giorgio » Sat Jul 25, 2020 10:44 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 7:58 pm
Montag wrote:
..and Paul Smyth....hoping that he can show something after some good pieces from the previous season...

n22hoop
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by n22hoop » Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:11 am

Giorgio wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 10:44 pm
Esox Lucius wrote:
Montag wrote:
..and Paul Smyth....hoping that he can show something after some good pieces from the previous season...
I don't know the reasons but he couldn't get a regular game at WW. That doesn't fill me with hope.
"Football is the love of form. A spectacle that scarcely leaves a trace in the memory and does not enrich or impoverish knowledge. This is its appeal : it is exciting and empty." Mario Vargas Llosa

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:27 am

n22hoop wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:11 am
Giorgio wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 10:44 pm
Esox Lucius wrote:

I don't know the reasons but he couldn't get a regular game at WW. That doesn't fill me with hope.
I too have been disappointed with Smyth's lack of progression at Wycombe. However, he did have a nasty injury early in his loan period which understandably knocked him back, and it may be that Ainsworth's route one tactics didn't suit his game.

He turns 23 as the new season starts and will be in the last year of his QPR contract. He must step up this year if he's going to make it at this level. Fortunately for him, he's at a club that has shown it can really help young players succeed. Let's hope he makes the most of the opportunity.

Rbee
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Rbee » Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:57 am

Happy to give Luke another season, I see potential there and there is no doubting his effort on the pitch.

Andy_N19
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Andy_N19 » Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:34 pm

Rbee wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:57 am
Happy to give Luke another season, I see potential there and there is no doubting his effort on the pitch.
Problem with Amos is that he ain't gonna play for Spurs and we are his level, but it's about finance and is he
able mentally to accept he isn't Premiership standard and relax his demands accordingly to give his career
the boost it needs in W12?
Staff Benda Bilili

n22hoop
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by n22hoop » Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:14 pm

Andy_N19 wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:34 pm
Rbee wrote:
Problem with Amos is that he ain't gonna play for Spurs and we are his level, but it's about finance and is he
able mentally to accept he isn't Premiership standard and relax his demands accordingly to give his career
Is he out of contract now or does he have another year at Spurs?
"Football is the love of form. A spectacle that scarcely leaves a trace in the memory and does not enrich or impoverish knowledge. This is its appeal : it is exciting and empty." Mario Vargas Llosa

UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by UxbridgeR » Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:27 pm

He's got another year at Spurs.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Mon Jul 27, 2020 6:21 pm

Andy_N19 wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:34 pm
Rbee wrote:
If he is in the least bit aware of what is happening at QPR he may feel it will be of long term benefit for him to be playing under MW and worth signing a 2-3 year contract on low wages (for him) just to get the chance to play regularly and improve his game enough to leave us for a healthy profit and, for him, a wage he is hoping to get.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.