All the important news regarding the new season

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

ZENITH R

All the important news regarding the new season

Post by ZENITH R » Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:09 pm

The 'summer' transfer window opens on Monday - 27 July and closes at 5pm on Friday 16 October

There are two dates being considered for the start of the new season ...

Option One - Saturday 29 August
Option Two - Saturday 12 September

The season will be 'condensed' to finish in May next year - I guess that means more mid week games to fit in the fixtures.

As yet, no decision regarding which of the two options to go for has been made. It will probably mean the season starts behind closed doors, maybe for the first month, but again things change all the time.
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Re: All the important news regarding the new season

Post by Esox Lucius » Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:29 am

I wonder if the League cup will be knocked on the head to accommodate the short season? Possibly even the FA Cup. :o
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

willesdenr

Post by willesdenr » Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:55 am

Esox Lucius wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:29 am
I wonder if the League cup will be knocked on the head to accommodate the short season? Possibly even the FA Cup. :o
Wouldn't effect us anyway. :D

222gers
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Fri Jul 24, 2020 6:02 pm

According to press reports, clubs will send health questionnaires to prospective purchasers of tickets. Those over a certain age and/or with medical problems would not be successful. I suppose some people may falsify their answers but it all sounds pretty hellish.

Unless and until a successful vaccine is found and administered it's a complete dogs dinner.

Montag
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Montag » Sat Jul 25, 2020 7:36 pm

222gers wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 6:02 pm
According to press reports, clubs will send health questionnaires to prospective purchasers of tickets. Those over a certain age and/or with medical problems would not be successful. I suppose some people may falsify their answers but it all sounds pretty hellish.

Unless and until a successful vaccine is found and administered it's a complete dogs dinner.
So are they proposing those of us that are old with health conditions will be stripped of our season tickets?
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."
Richard III, Act IV, W. Shakespeare