What a season !

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Re: What a season !

Post by Esox Lucius » Sat Jul 25, 2020 7:57 pm

ZENITH R wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 6:56 pm
Esox Lucius wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 6:15 pm
Interestingly, only three 1st team players remain at QPR from 2016: Niko Hämäläinen, Ryan Manning & Ebere Eze. :shock:
Kakay?
He wasn't in the first team squad at that point, nor Lumley.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

ZENITH R

Post by ZENITH R » Sun Jul 26, 2020 5:56 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 7:57 pm
ZENITH R wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 6:56 pm
Esox Lucius wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 6:15 pm
Interestingly, only three 1st team players remain at QPR from 2016: Niko Hämäläinen, Ryan Manning & Ebere Eze. :shock:
Kakay?
He wasn't in the first team squad at that point, nor Lumley.
Actually - Lumley started two games in January 2016 and Kakay started 2 games and was a sub once in late 2016.
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:33 pm

There's been a great deal to enjoy this season, even with the obvious downsides. I'm particularly pleased to see the club's strategy to bring on young players start to bear fruit. It's felt like Warburton was the final peice of the jigsaw. He's excelled in this respect.

There's a growing expectation that more U23s players will be brought into the first team squad next season. I think we'll see a couple but players such as Bettache, Gubbins, Bansel-McNulty and even Oteh are still very young and all need further time out on loan before they'll be ready. Others such as Kakay, Shodipo and Hamalainen have been on the fringe for a number of years and, if selected, this will be a make or break season for them.