What a season !

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

Post Reply
User avatar
Danish Ranger
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger
Posts: 943
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2007 6:17 pm
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark

What a season !

Post by Danish Ranger » Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:17 am

Just had a quick look at my prediction for the season, where I had QPR in 20th place just above the relegation zone

Fortunately I got that wrong as we ended up in a very respectable 14th aniclap

The highlights outshines the lowlights and for me I must say that the attacking qualities and the number of young players, who have broken into - and established them selves in the team, puts a smile on my face :D

Onwards and upwards

QPR4EVER
Last edited by Danish Ranger on Sun Jul 26, 2020 3:46 am, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip
Posts: 21434
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:17 pm
Location: Banbury, Oxon.

Re: What a season !

Post by Esox Lucius » Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:19 am

13th with the Wigan points deduction and possibly higher with Sheff Weds and Derby awaiting sanctions.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

old pauline
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger
Posts: 3645
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:06 pm
Location: Wimbledon
Contact:

Re: What a season !

Post by old pauline » Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:06 am

Danish Ranger wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:17 am
Just had a quick at my prediction for the season, where I had QPR in 20th place just above the relegation zone

Fortunately I got that wrong as we ended up in a very respectable 14th aniclap

The highlights outshines the lowlights and for me I must say that the attacking qualities and the number of young players, who have broken into - and established them selves in the team, puts a smile on my face :D

Onwards and upwards

QPR4EVER
Would it be possible to re-post the pre-season predictions please ?
Come on you Sooopa ........

User avatar
Greyhound
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 1558
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:19 pm
Location: Near Lewes, E Sussex

Re: What a season !

Post by Greyhound » Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:20 am

I agree Danish - a great season, and so many players being developed through the first team.

User avatar
UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend
Posts: 10265
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:45 pm

Re: What a season !

Post by UxbridgeR » Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:21 am

Esox Lucius wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:19 am
13th with the Wigan points deduction and possibly higher with Sheff Weds and Derby awaiting sanctions.
Yep, close to a top half finish, which I think most would have taken back in August. I'm glad the season finished on an upswing, with good performances in the last three games. It would have been horrible had the Sheff Wed game been the final one.

It's been hugely entertaining, we've played some terrific football and scored more goals than in our promotion season of 2010-11. Defensively it's been pretty shocking to be honest, with the worst goals against record since 1968-69 (according to last night's commentary). The number of young players getting opportunities and flourishing was very encouraging.

I think Warburton can be pretty pleased overall, especially given the turnover last summer. Unfortunately we'll almost certainly lose two or more of our best players, and with all the loans that we had and other players out of contract, the squad will look very different come September. It's been a ride though.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

User avatar
Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip
Posts: 21434
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:17 pm
Location: Banbury, Oxon.

Re: What a season !

Post by Esox Lucius » Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:27 am

Greyhound wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:20 am
I agree Danish - a great season, and so many players being developed through the first team.
The worst defensive display since 1968-69 season and finished 13th as well as being involved in the games with the most goals per game. I wouldn't have changed a thing, there were times we were just scintillating to watch and when was the last season we had so many youth players playing in the first team; there must have been around 10 debuts this season. Despite the goals against, my low points were Josh Scowen being forced out of the club by the haters & boo boys and the abuse Joe Lumley got from possibly the same people. Same again next season would do me fine until we can generate the money to give promotion a good college try. It's not lack of ambition, but pragmatism.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

User avatar
Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip
Posts: 21434
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:17 pm
Location: Banbury, Oxon.

Re: What a season !

Post by Esox Lucius » Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:28 am

UxbridgeR wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:21 am
Esox Lucius wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:19 am
13th with the Wigan points deduction and possibly higher with Sheff Weds and Derby awaiting sanctions.
Yep, close to a top half finish, which I think most would have taken back in August. I'm glad the season finished on an upswing, with good performances in the last three games. It would have been horrible had the Sheff Wed game been the final one.

It's been hugely entertaining, we've played some terrific football and scored more goals than in our promotion season of 2010-11. Defensively it's been pretty shocking to be honest, with the worst goals against record since 1968-69 (according to last night's commentary). The number of young players getting opportunities and flourishing was very encouraging.

I think Warburton can be pretty pleased overall, especially given the turnover last summer. Unfortunately we'll almost certainly lose two or more of our best players, and with all the loans that we had and other players out of contract, the squad will look very different come September. It's been a ride though.
I was writing mine when you posted yours but it is encouraging that we both feel the same way. There was a time... :lol: :lol: :lol:
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

User avatar
UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend
Posts: 10265
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:45 pm

Re: What a season !

Post by UxbridgeR » Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:30 am

Esox Lucius wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:28 am
I was writing mine when you posted yours but it is encouraging that we both feel the same way. There was a time... :lol: :lol: :lol:
It is quite a turnaround. Now about Adel....
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

User avatar
Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip
Posts: 21434
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:17 pm
Location: Banbury, Oxon.

Re: What a season !

Post by Esox Lucius » Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:37 am

UxbridgeR wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:30 am
Esox Lucius wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:28 am
I was writing mine when you posted yours but it is encouraging that we both feel the same way. There was a time... :lol: :lol: :lol:
It is quite a turnaround. Now about Adel....
He's no Ilias Chair is he? :lol:
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

Devonranger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 6607
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:20 am
Location: Exeter

Re: What a season !

Post by Devonranger » Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:44 am

Will miss Eze, BOS and Manning if they all go - positive will be that Chair gets more game time as a result, and maybe a couple of other youngsters come through to take up the mantle.

Interesting summer ahead again but would rather take our position than some of those clubs who invested for the play offs and missed out.

User avatar
Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip
Posts: 21434
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:17 pm
Location: Banbury, Oxon.

Re: What a season !

Post by Esox Lucius » Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:50 am

Devonranger wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:44 am
Will miss Eze, BOS and Manning if they all go - positive will be that Chair gets more game time as a result, and maybe a couple of other youngsters come through to take up the mantle.

Interesting summer ahead again but would rather take our position than some of those clubs who invested for the play offs and missed out.
Hopefully next season we will be talking about Chair, Shodipo Smyth and Bettache leaving for decent money and hoping that Bansal-McNulty, Dalling and Nathan Carlye can step up for the following season and Jake Frailing the following season etc. Ebere's brother should be pushing for a spot around that time too :D
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

User avatar
Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor
Posts: 4842
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:03 pm
Location: Dublin

Re: What a season !

Post by Giorgio » Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:32 pm

well, IMO it has been a pretty good season - especially if compared to the few recent ones.
We watched some good football, plenty of goals, I felt entertained most of the time and we finished at mid-table, surely a better position than expected by the majority of the fans. And honestly, I think we are not ready yet to go up to the Premier (cos it would depressing doing like Norwich and lose game after game...ok just getting the money up there and settle the debits...) so I am fine with another season in the Championship. :wink:

Devonranger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 6607
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:20 am
Location: Exeter

Re: What a season !

Post by Devonranger » Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:54 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:50 am
Devonranger wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:44 am
Will miss Eze, BOS and Manning if they all go - positive will be that Chair gets more game time as a result, and maybe a couple of other youngsters come through to take up the mantle.

Interesting summer ahead again but would rather take our position than some of those clubs who invested for the play offs and missed out.
Hopefully next season we will be talking about Chair, Shodipo Smyth and Bettache leaving for decent money and hoping that Bansal-McNulty, Dalling and Nathan Carlye can step up for the following season and Jake Frailing the following season etc. Ebere's brother should be pushing for a spot around that time too :D
Its great to think that there are a good number of players looking to come through. Just watching the game last night with all those young lads on the pitch and also Darnell Furlong on the other side - very proud.

Would love to erase the time where we shelled out those sums on the mercenaries - such a wasted opportunity where we could have really tapped into the youth scene for players as a Premier league club. Oh well, rebuild slowly and surely.

User avatar
Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip
Posts: 21434
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:17 pm
Location: Banbury, Oxon.

Re: What a season !

Post by Esox Lucius » Sat Jul 25, 2020 6:15 pm

Interestingly, only three 1st team players remain at QPR from 2016: Niko Hämäläinen, Ryan Manning & Ebere Eze. :shock:
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

User avatar
ZENITH R
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 9317
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:40 pm
Location: North Derbyshire

Re: What a season !

Post by ZENITH R » Sat Jul 25, 2020 6:56 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 6:15 pm
Interestingly, only three 1st team players remain at QPR from 2016: Niko Hämäläinen, Ryan Manning & Ebere Eze. :shock:
Kakay?
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

Post Reply