Feels like West Ham might move for Eze....

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

Post Reply
User avatar
n22hoop
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 1566
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 9:09 am
Location: Northern Britain

Feels like West Ham might move for Eze....

Post by n22hoop » Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:45 am

Words from David Moyes earlier:

Jarrod Bowen is another January arrival who has impressed for West Ham, scoring one goal and registering four assists in 11 appearances since signing from Championship side Hull.

Hammers boss David Moyes says he will continue to scour the lower divisions for talented new players, something he did successfully during his time as Everton manager.

"The important thing for any manager is getting recruitment right. The two boys who came in in January have made a big difference to us," said Moyes.

"To join the Premier League and make an impact so quickly is very difficult. Looking back over my time, [Phil] Jagielka, [Joleon] Lescott, [Tim] Cahill, Andy Johnson, Leighton Baines - you get the ones you think are going to be good for your team, and it doesn't happen every year. Sometimes you get none, other years you get two or three.

"We shouldn't forget there are so many good players and young players in the lower leagues looking to do themselves justice."


It would be obvious for them to use Hugill within any negotiations. Would QPR want Hugill permanently? Our interest in Kieffer Moore suggests perhaps we wouldn't want Hugill given they are similar players. And I doubt Moore would join if he felt he was going to sit on the bench.

So, what's Eze worth? Given people felt we are, perhaps, letting BOS go cheaply at £5m I wonder what that makes Eze worth. I read that £20m would definitely secure his services (probably a figure dreamt up by Les). And I don't doubt that for a minute.

It could get further complicated too as West Ham were also rumoured to be looking at Manning.
"Football is the love of form. A spectacle that scarcely leaves a trace in the memory and does not enrich or impoverish knowledge. This is its appeal : it is exciting and empty." Mario Vargas Llosa

User avatar
UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend
Posts: 10265
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:45 pm

Re: Feels like West Ham might move for Eze....

Post by UxbridgeR » Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:34 am

It's too early to really know what impact the last few months will have on the overall market, but they paid £18M plus add-ons for Bowen back in January. He gets more goals and possibly assists than Eze, but the latter is a bit younger. Not a lot of difference in terms of their remaining contract length, so ....maybe £15M ?

What's your take ?
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

User avatar
Andy_N19
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger
Posts: 3856
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:37 pm

Re: Feels like West Ham might move for Eze....

Post by Andy_N19 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:58 am

Rangers beginning to feel like these 2 doing our deals...
Yeah guv, 'ave Eze and I'll throw in Manning for a monkey as well
:lol:

Image
Staff Benda Bilili

Satch
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger
Posts: 3906
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:34 am
Location: New York City

Re: Feels like West Ham might move for Eze....

Post by Satch » Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:16 pm

n22hoop wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:45 am
Words from David Moyes earlier:

Jarrod Bowen is another January arrival who has impressed for West Ham, scoring one goal and registering four assists in 11 appearances since signing from Championship side Hull.

Hammers boss David Moyes says he will continue to scour the lower divisions for talented new players, something he did successfully during his time as Everton manager.

"The important thing for any manager is getting recruitment right. The two boys who came in in January have made a big difference to us," said Moyes.

"To join the Premier League and make an impact so quickly is very difficult. Looking back over my time, [Phil] Jagielka, [Joleon] Lescott, [Tim] Cahill, Andy Johnson, Leighton Baines - you get the ones you think are going to be good for your team, and it doesn't happen every year. Sometimes you get none, other years you get two or three.

"We shouldn't forget there are so many good players and young players in the lower leagues looking to do themselves justice."


It would be obvious for them to use Hugill within any negotiations. Would QPR want Hugill permanently? Our interest in Kieffer Moore suggests perhaps we wouldn't want Hugill given they are similar players. And I doubt Moore would join if he felt he was going to sit on the bench.

So, what's Eze worth? Given people felt we are, perhaps, letting BOS go cheaply at £5m I wonder what that makes Eze worth. I read that £20m would definitely secure his services (probably a figure dreamt up by Les). And I don't doubt that for a minute.

It could get further complicated too as West Ham were also rumoured to be looking at Manning.
I don't think for a second Moore will think he's got a right to a starting berth. That said i don't know how much of an Eze fee i'd want to invest in Hugill and he would have to take a dramatic wage cut which might well not be on the cards.

Gut feel is about 12m for Eze, bit more if there is plenty of interest. Bowen has been more prolific than Eze and over a longer period, there isn't that much age difference either. There's usually a January premium when clubs like WHam are desperate and it was pre coronoavirus. So i don' think we'll get that sort of money. But who knows? Eze is a special talent but i don't think there will be the same number of teams willing to give him the time to adapt in a prefered position and nurture him in the way they would someone like Bowen, who's pretty direct.

User avatar
dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007
Posts: 13565
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:21 pm
Location: Just over the border...

Re: Feels like West Ham might move for Eze....

Post by dm » Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:40 pm

Now Spurs reported interested in Eze seems to have waned, I'd prefer he went to Wham than Palace. But surely there are better clubs interested in Eze than those two?

User avatar
W12Allstars
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger
Posts: 3855
Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:22 pm
Location: Kingsridge, South Devon

Re: Feels like West Ham might move for Eze....

Post by W12Allstars » Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:28 pm

dm wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:40 pm
Now Spurs reported interested in Eze seems to have waned, I'd prefer he went to Wham than Palace. But surely there are better clubs interested in Eze than those two?
That’s where the sell on clause is important! Most big prem teams don’t seem to want young British talent. Not shiny enough. They like foreign stars and big names. So they’ll let him do well at Wet Spam then pay £50 million for him in 12 months. Well, maybe.

Hugill? No thanks, not on any basis but especially not as part of a deal with a Eze. Would feel too tragic.
Far better is it to dare mighty things, than to dwell in the twighlight that knows neither victory nor defeat - T Roosevelt

User avatar
n22hoop
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 1566
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 9:09 am
Location: Northern Britain

Re: Feels like West Ham might move for Eze....

Post by n22hoop » Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:38 pm

UxbridgeR wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:34 am
It's too early to really know what impact the last few months will have on the overall market, but they paid £18M plus add-ons for Bowen back in January. He gets more goals and possibly assists than Eze, but the latter is a bit younger. Not a lot of difference in terms of their remaining contract length, so ....maybe £15M ?

What's your take ?
With the likely uncertainty in the transfer market I think WH will - initially - make a small offer for Eze (c.£5-6m). We'll - quite rightly - turn that down. Beyond that they'll likely start to use Hugill as a bargaining chip. If any offer reaches £10m (cash with/without Hugill) I seriously doubt QPR would turn it down.

Not sure Manning will come into the WH story. I'm not sure he's a good enough full back for the Premiership.
"Football is the love of form. A spectacle that scarcely leaves a trace in the memory and does not enrich or impoverish knowledge. This is its appeal : it is exciting and empty." Mario Vargas Llosa

User avatar
dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007
Posts: 13565
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:21 pm
Location: Just over the border...

Re: Feels like West Ham might move for Eze....

Post by dm » Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:33 pm

W12Allstars wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:28 pm
dm wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:40 pm
Now Spurs reported interested in Eze seems to have waned, I'd prefer he went to Wham than Palace. But surely there are better clubs interested in Eze than those two?
That’s where the sell on clause is important! Most big prem teams don’t seem to want young British talent. Not shiny enough. They like foreign stars and big names. So they’ll let him do well at Wet Spam then pay £50 million for him in 12 months. Well, maybe.

Hugill? No thanks, not on any basis but especially not as part of a deal with a Eze. Would feel too tragic.
I can take or leave Hugill but, as you say, as part of an Eze deal, it would feel very wrong somehow.

Satch
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger
Posts: 3906
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:34 am
Location: New York City

Re: Feels like West Ham might move for Eze....

Post by Satch » Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:05 pm

dm wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:33 pm
W12Allstars wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:28 pm
dm wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:40 pm
Now Spurs reported interested in Eze seems to have waned, I'd prefer he went to Wham than Palace. But surely there are better clubs interested in Eze than those two?
That’s where the sell on clause is important! Most big prem teams don’t seem to want young British talent. Not shiny enough. They like foreign stars and big names. So they’ll let him do well at Wet Spam then pay £50 million for him in 12 months. Well, maybe.

Hugill? No thanks, not on any basis but especially not as part of a deal with a Eze. Would feel too tragic.
I can take or leave Hugill but, as you say, as part of an Eze deal, it would feel very wrong somehow.
I think a few of us still have bad memories of a player plus cash deal with West Ham.

ANDREW1302
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger
Posts: 415
Joined: Sun Feb 11, 2007 12:39 pm

Re: Feels like West Ham might move for Eze....

Post by ANDREW1302 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 6:32 pm

I doubt Hugill will come as he can get better wages elsewhere.

User avatar
Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor
Posts: 4842
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:03 pm
Location: Dublin

Re: Feels like West Ham might move for Eze....

Post by Giorgio » Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:49 pm

n22hoop wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:38 pm
Not sure Manning will come into the WH story. I'm not sure he's a good enough full back for the Premiership.
..I agree with that...his passing is very good but too many times this season he left his left side open to the attacking side....something that you can't do in the Premier. He needs to improve if he wants to be a top n. 3 .
Of course he is not a natural left back, he was a left midfielder and in the Ireland youth team he usually got the n. 10 shirt.

Post Reply