Match Thread: Queens Park Rangers FC v Fulham

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

Albert Steptoe
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Re: Match Thread: Queens Park Rangers FC v Fulham

Post by Albert Steptoe » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:46 pm

In one respect we didn't deserve to lose as we played better than the last two no-shows and Amos missed a sitter. However, if you gift the opposition two goals like that, then you deserve everything you get. Kelly's howler was bad but their winner is even worse in many respects as we roll out the red carpet for Christie and let him have the freedom of our left side. Amateur hour.

Sadly, Warburton looks like what fans of other clubs told us he would be - a one-trick pony who can't set up sides to defend to save his life. Now if only there were a man who knew how to set up a defence, could prepare a team with little notice post-lockdown and had a incomparable record at this level, we'd be heading for the play-offs!

UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by UxbridgeR » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:03 pm

If I were Sharon, I'd be more than a little concerned at this point.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

JHC

Post by JHC » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:33 pm

They played much better today. If they continue to play like this they will get the 6 or 7 points they need to be well clear of relegation. Of course, I am hoping they get those points sooner than later or the pressure will build up.

Warburton has done a great job with radical change, youth development and staying competitive. I wouldn’t swap him for any of our recent managers - Warnock included.

Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Giorgio » Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:17 am

yes, much better performance and we should have taken at least one point looking at the chances created by the two teams...
we were unlucky with Hugill (saved) and Manning (crossbar), but that free shot from the penalty spot - after a great raid by BOS...
how could Amos miss the goal....??!! I mean...from that spot you have to hit the goal...then it can go in or saved or deflected..but YOU MUST PUT the ball in the goal frame....