I'm not into this...

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

Wegerle
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

I'm not into this...

Post by Wegerle » Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:53 pm

I Have watched 6 or 7 live games so far, including QPR's matches, since the football has started again.
Without the atmosphere from fans, I find it very hard to enjoy watching the games.
For me fans make or break the game. Any one else struggling more than usual getting through games?

stainesranger
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Re: I'm not into this...

Post by stainesranger » Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:22 pm

Yep I don’t think I’ve been absorbed by a single game yet.

Might help if we were winning/playing well tho

Damien
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Damien » Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:25 pm

I was quite enjoying the lock-down till QPR and football came back to spoil it :oops: Miss the Cricket more if I'm honest. At least getting dragged into a dog-fight at the bottom will make the last few games more interesting hopefully.

deadendjob
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by deadendjob » Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:49 pm

Yeah, I'm trying to watch games, but without the fans, it seems totally emotionless. Even with the Fifa sounds, it just doesn't feel right and I don't really enjoy it. It really highlights the importance of the fans.

222gers
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:01 pm

I've never been a fan of TV football and these two games have done nothing to change my mind. I found my attention drifting away and don't really fancy watching any more of these matches.

It's hard to imagine next season starting in a couple of months time - more like at least half a season BCD. I wonder how many fans would purchase a ST to watch streamed games.

God, I hope a vaccine is developed soon.

Montag
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Montag » Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:08 am

It looks and feels meaningless. It is like nothing. We could be relegated and it seems like nothing is really happening. The players need to wake up. No bookings against Charlton - looks like a bit of lack of commitment. Maybe understandable in the circumstances but others are getting results.
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."
Richard III, Act IV, W. Shakespeare

Chimpo
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by Chimpo » Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:15 am

Sorry just seen entire thread on relegation

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:27 am

Montag wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:08 am
It looks and feels meaningless. It is like nothing. We could be relegated and it seems like nothing is really happening. The players need to wake up. No bookings against Charlton - looks like a bit of lack of commitment. Maybe understandable in the circumstances but others are getting results.
Go and have a drink, read a book, watch a movie, you've obviously lost perspective on life. BCD is training games, not football.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by QPR_John » Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:31 am

Esox Lucius wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:27 am
Montag wrote:
Go and have a drink, read a book, watch a movie, you've obviously lost perspective on life. BCD is training games, not football.
But it seems not for others

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:39 pm

QPR_John wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:31 am
Esox Lucius wrote:
Montag wrote:
Apparently so. We definitely aren't going to get relegated, so if MW chooses to use the game to blood youngsters and see if he can use them going forward then so be it.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

Montag
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Montag » Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:18 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:39 pm
QPR_John wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:31 am
Esox Lucius wrote:

Apparently so. We definitely aren't going to get relegated, so if MW chooses to use the game to blood youngsters and see if he can use them going forward then so be it.
Non possumus producendum
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."
Richard III, Act IV, W. Shakespeare