Charlton match...

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

Andy_N19
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Re: Charlton match...

Post by Andy_N19 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:41 pm

Giorgio wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:21 pm
Rbee wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:05 pm
To be fair he was very close to the keeper
...to be fair a good striker would have scored there...
There lies the knub of our problems
Staff Benda Bilili

Systemsguy
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Systemsguy » Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:42 pm

Watching this is like death by a thousand cuts.....

For all the possession, we never looked like scoring, let the season end for god's sake....

Hugill is tailor made for Wet Spam next season in the championship

Let's hope 50 points are enough....

The "training" matches were ominous but nothing to worry about for some...

Roll on season 2020/21
2019/2020.... Keep Calm, no matter the season, we'll follow our team.....

Albert Steptoe
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Albert Steptoe » Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:43 pm

Contrast our 'performances' with how Brentford have played since the restart. Sadly this is what happens when a supine fanbase accepts mediocrity.....

n22hoop
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by n22hoop » Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:53 pm

Albert Steptoe wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:43 pm
Contrast our 'performances' with how Brentford have played since the restart. Sadly this is what happens when a supine fanbase accepts mediocrity.....
So it's the fans fault? Guilty even in absentia....
"Football is the love of form. A spectacle that scarcely leaves a trace in the memory and does not enrich or impoverish knowledge. This is its appeal : it is exciting and empty." Mario Vargas Llosa

Rbee
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Rbee » Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:53 pm

Andy_N19 wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:41 pm
Giorgio wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:21 pm
Rbee wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:05 pm
To be fair he was very close to the keeper
...to be fair a good striker would have scored there...
There lies the knub of our problems
Yups just watched the replay and he should have scored.

Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Giorgio » Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:16 pm

..toothless performance....second in a row... :roll:

UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by UxbridgeR » Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:19 pm

Albert Steptoe wrote:
Whereas you continue to heroically hold the board and the management team to account by [checks notes] sniping periodically at other fans on message boards. Really sticking it to the man there, Albert. I bet you used to skip your fares on the bus too, back in the day. Keep fighting the good fight.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

ZENITH R

Post by ZENITH R » Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:22 pm

Albert Steptoe wrote:
Really?

I think the biggest blow was Wells leaving. He was clearly happy at QPR, and was working well with our creative players. We haven't replaced him.

I think Brizzle bought him thinking he'd score the goals to give their play off chances a boost - dream on.

Brizzle paid £5,000,000 for him, we couldn't afford that or anything near. That is the problem.
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by UxbridgeR » Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:33 pm

n22hoop wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:53 pm
Albert Steptoe wrote:
So it's the fans fault? Guilty even in absentia....
The support was poor to be fair. I didn't go myself, but couldn't even hear us on the commentary.

Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Giorgio » Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:55 pm

ZENITH R wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:22 pm

I think the biggest blow was Wells leaving. He was clearly happy at QPR, and was working well with our creative players. We haven't replaced him.

I think Brizzle bought him thinking he'd score the goals to give their play off chances a boost - dream on.

Brizzle paid £5,000,000 for him, we couldn't afford that or anything near. That is the problem.
..yes...losing Wells has been a big blow....he complemented Hugill perfectly up front....fast, skillful and always knew where the net was....

UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by UxbridgeR » Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:00 pm

ZENITH R wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:22 pm
Albert Steptoe wrote:
Really?

Yeah, I'd agree that was a big moment in the season. Not so much him leaving, as we had no control over that and no prospect of buying him ourselves, but letting Mlakar go at the same time and not bringing at least one striker in for the rest of the season. The Jack Clarke situation is also baffling. We didn't use him much before the lockdown, then extended his loan, and yet he hasn't played a minute in the last two matches, even when we were chasing both games with the option of five substitutes. Something odd going on there.

Albert Steptoe
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Albert Steptoe » Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:04 pm

UxbridgeR wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:19 pm
Whereas you continue to heroically hold the board and the management team to account by [checks notes] sniping periodically at other fans on message boards. Really sticking it to the man there, Albert. I bet you used to skip your fares on the bus too, back in the day. Keep fighting the good fight.
The last two performances are what our happy-clapping fanbase deserves. What are the excuses for struggling to muster a shot against two of the worst sides in the division? They have even less money than we do - and Charlton's board were even worse than ours.

I see that Warnock is already doing what he does at Boro - of course he wasn't good enough for Ferdinand, was he? Why are you so accepting of this persistent mediocrity? I honestly can't see us getting another point this season.

UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by UxbridgeR » Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:21 pm

Albert Steptoe wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:04 pm
UxbridgeR wrote:
The last two performances are what our happy-clapping fanbase deserves. What are the excuses for struggling to muster a shot against two of the worst sides in the division? They have even less money than we do - and Charlton's board were even worse than ours.

I see that Warnock is already doing what he does at Boro - of course he wasn't good enough for Ferdinand, was he? Why are you so accepting of this persistent mediocrity? I honestly can't see us getting another point this season.
What are you doing about it, though. You continually present yourself as different from the "happy-clappers" in our "supine" fanbase, and yet what does it amount to ?

As for the "won't get another point all season" routine, it never ceases to amaze me how many fans watch football for decades and yet never cop on to the fact that it isn't predictable. If it were, we'd all have stopped bothering many moons ago.

Albert Steptoe
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Albert Steptoe » Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:27 pm

UxbridgeR wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:21 pm
What are you doing about it, though. You continually present yourself as different from the "happy-clappers" in our "supine" fanbase, and yet what does it amount to ?
I'm pointing out why mediocrity is a self-fufilling prophecy. We had an outside chance of the play-offs before lockdown - now we're more likely to be dragged into a relegation battle. That's what a lack of ambition does to a club.

ZENITH R

Post by ZENITH R » Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:31 pm

Albert Steptoe wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:04 pm
UxbridgeR wrote:

Ferdinand wasn't at the club when Colin was sacked (first time)
Colin said he did not want the job when he was caretaker manager (when Ferdinand was there) possibly as a result of his experiences the first time.

But hey! Why let the facts get in the way of your agenda of prejudice against Hoos and Ferdinand.
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.