Barnsley game

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Re: Barnsley game

Post by QPR_John » Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:02 am

Esox Lucius wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:25 am
Greyhound wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:44 am
Believe what you like Steptoe, but you obviously haven't got the faintest grasp of either the club's finances or its culture. Success for Briatore and his like is always about success for themselves, and relies largely on a phalanx of bootlickers. The club is and always will be bigger than petty tyrants like that.
Steptoe's mantra is to hate everything about QPR and to gloat when we lose based on his posting history. He is typical of the fan who hankers after a time when (in his imagination) we were the best run and most attractive football team in the land and everything after his imaginary timeline is to be derided.
Arguably there was a time when we were the most attractive football team in the land.

Albert Steptoe
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Albert Steptoe » Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:00 am

Esox Lucius wrote:
Steptoe's mantra is to hate everything about QPR and to gloat when we lose based on his posting history. He is typical of the fan who hankers after a time when (in his imagination) we were the best run and most attractive football team in the land and everything after his imaginary timeline is to be derided.
While you abuse any supporter who doesn't adhere do your 'ever so 'umble' mantra. The Championship is a very average division this season - any club with ambition should be aiming for the play-offs. Preston, Cardiff, Blackburn, Swansea and Millwall are all in contention for a play-off spot. Unless the club gets back in the Premier League it will die - along with your sepia-tinged 'jumpers for goalposts' nostalgia.

Ferdinand and Hoos are paid a huge amount of money and should be targeting the play-offs every season. Spouting rubbish in the media about our players not being ready to play against the division's bottom side doesn't really wash with me.

As I said, Flavio got us up in four years; Ferdinand has now been in charge for more than five.....

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:47 am

Albert Steptoe wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:00 am
Esox Lucius wrote:
While you abuse any supporter who doesn't adhere do your 'ever so 'umble' mantra. The Championship is a very average division this season - any club with ambition should be aiming for the play-offs. Preston, Cardiff, Blackburn, Swansea and Millwall are all in contention for a play-off spot. Unless the club gets back in the Premier League it will die - along with your sepia-tinged 'jumpers for goalposts' nostalgia.

Ferdinand and Hoos are paid a huge amount of money and should be targeting the play-offs every season. Spouting rubbish in the media about our players not being ready to play against the division's bottom side doesn't really wash with me.

As I said, Flavio got us up in four years; Ferdinand has now been in charge for more than five.....
Quod erat demonstrandum
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

Greyhound
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Greyhound » Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:48 pm

Actually, I think Steptoe may have a point that limited resources should not equate to settling for mediocrity, and I believe that too. Hoos and Ferdinand have prioritised their messages at rebuilding the club - community, solid finances - and I think that's right. It doesn't mean that there is no ambition to reach the play offs, it just means the're not stupid enough to demand it publicly.

What I bridle at is the nonsense about Briatore. It's just said to wind people up.

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:08 pm

Greyhound wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:48 pm
Actually, I think Steptoe may have a point that limited resources should not equate to settling for mediocrity, and I believe that too. Hoos and Ferdinand have prioritised their messages at rebuilding the club - community, solid finances - and I think that's right. It doesn't mean that there is no ambition to reach the play offs, it just means the're not stupid enough to demand it publicly.

What I bridle at is the nonsense about Briatore. It's just said to wind people up.
:troll
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

Montag
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Montag » Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:21 pm

potest fieri vilia?
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."
Richard III, Act IV, W. Shakespeare

Systemsguy
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Systemsguy » Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:02 pm

Albert Steptoe wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:00 am
Esox Lucius wrote:

Flavio got us up?

naaaaaaah we got up despite him, Paladini as much as I hated him was the one who wanted Warnock and the wheels were truly coming off in February / March 2010 when Colin was recruited....

Also Amit and Ishan were given "complete control" of the footballing side with Colin in a smoke and mirrors operation by the real money who was behind us which was Bernie Ecclestone....

Only thing Flavio (with Bernie) did was mug off Fernandes of £30M and get him and his investors to take on all our existing debts.... The less said about Caterham Cars the better....
2019/2020.... Keep Calm, no matter the season, we'll follow our team.....