Barnsley game

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

Rbee
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Re: Barnsley game

Post by Rbee » Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:53 pm

n22hoop wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:27 pm
Gifted or were they just better than us each time?
Better today especially in the all important midfield

n22hoop
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by n22hoop » Sat Jun 20, 2020 5:08 pm

Rbee wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:53 pm
n22hoop wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:27 pm
Gifted or were they just better than us each time?
Better today especially in the all important midfield
I seem to recall they outplayed us in their home fixture too (I know this as I was unfortunate enough to witness it).
"Football is the love of form. A spectacle that scarcely leaves a trace in the memory and does not enrich or impoverish knowledge. This is its appeal : it is exciting and empty." Mario Vargas Llosa

Montag
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Montag » Sat Jun 20, 2020 5:27 pm

Absolute sheiser. A win would've taken us 4 points off the PO's. International effects have their part to play. 3 months ago this would've been in the bag. Sounds like Hoos and Ferdinand have given up on the season already. Where is Cameron? Only good thing is we didn't waste our time going there. Rant over. Pathetic
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."
Richard III, Act IV, W. Shakespeare

UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by UxbridgeR » Sat Jun 20, 2020 5:52 pm

Cameron was suspended.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Giorgio » Sat Jun 20, 2020 6:32 pm

UxbridgeR wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 5:52 pm
Cameron was suspended.
...got a red card at Preston...

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Sat Jun 20, 2020 6:32 pm

The only enjoyable part of today was the pre and post match Zoom meeting with my football buddies. That and a few nice bottles of ale from the Westerham brewery. The game itself was just awful.

Albert Steptoe
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Albert Steptoe » Sat Jun 20, 2020 7:07 pm

Montag wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 5:27 pm
Absolute sheiser. A win would've taken us 4 points off the PO's. International effects have their part to play. 3 months ago this would've been in the bag. Sounds like Hoos and Ferdinand have given up on the season already. Where is Cameron? Only good thing is we didn't waste our time going there. Rant over. Pathetic
Hoos and Ferdinand don't do ambition - it's all about lowering expectations so they can say what a wonderful achievement it is to finish above the relegation zone every season and pick up their fat pay cheques. The club's going nowhere under the current regime - bring back Flavio.

222gers
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Sat Jun 20, 2020 7:47 pm

Welcome back Albert.

Montag
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Montag » Sat Jun 20, 2020 7:56 pm

Giorgio wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 6:32 pm
UxbridgeR wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 5:52 pm
Cameron was suspended.
...got a red card at Preston...
Thank you both. I'd forgotten that.
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."

Montag
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Montag » Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:04 pm

Albert Steptoe wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 7:07 pm
Montag wrote:
Hoos and Ferdinand don't do ambition - it's all about lowering expectations so they can say what a wonderful achievement it is to finish above the relegation zone every season and pick up their fat pay cheques. The club's going nowhere under the current regime - bring back Flavio.
I can't understand how they couldn't convince Hall and Pugh to hang on till the season was finished on a game by game basis. Pugh for me is a damn sight more useful than Amos. MW has done really well with what he's got but I wonder how he would've done had he been appointed in 2015 when we were relegated? I think we'll see some changes in the next match.

old pauline
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by old pauline » Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:17 pm

Montag wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:04 pm
Albert Steptoe wrote:
Montag wrote:
I can't understand how they couldn't convince Hall and Pugh to hang on till the season was finished on a game by game basis. Pugh for me is a damn sight more useful than Amos. MW has done really well with what he's got but I wonder how he would've done had he been appointed in 2015 when we were relegated? I think we'll see some changes in the next match.
I wouldn't bank on seeing too many. We've got Cameron and one or two other part-time 1st team players to juggle the pack with. You seem to be missing the point that we are shedding highly paid players so we can endeavour to operate within our means.
Come on you Sooopa ........

Albert Steptoe
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Albert Steptoe » Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:42 pm

222gers wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 7:47 pm
Welcome back Albert.
It's important to make these observations. We have no ambition - win today at home to the division's bottom team and we would have been four points off the play-offs. As it is, season over. I'd take Flavio's ruthless ambition back in a heartbeat - people laugh at the four-year plan but it worked. Ferdinand's been calling the shots for far longer than that and we can't even take a point off Barnsley. Mind you, even Heidi Klum would be more use than our DoF.

Montag
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Montag » Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:54 pm

old pauline wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:17 pm
Montag wrote:
Albert Steptoe wrote:

I wouldn't bank on seeing too many. We've got Cameron and one or two other part-time 1st team players to juggle the pack with. You seem to be missing the point that we are shedding highly paid players so we can endeavour to operate within our means.
Cameron, Clarke, Wallace would be worth a go now. The only way out of this cul de sac is promotion. It wouldn't have broken the bank to offer a 6 week extension to the players who are gone. It's a defeatist and morally wrong attitude. Anyone know what the Dofs and CE's Salaries are?

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:05 pm

Montag wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:54 pm
Cameron, Clarke, Wallace would be worth a go now. The only way out of this cul de sac is promotion. It wouldn't have broken the bank to offer a 6 week extension to the players who are gone. It's a defeatist and morally wrong attitude. Anyone know what the Dofs and CE's Salaries are?
If it were as simple as offering a 6 week extension, it would make sense. But it wasn't.

Pugh had a clause in his contract that if he had played one more game it would have triggered a further year's extension and the club did not want to give him another season.

As I believe has been the case with players elsewhere, Hall would not want to play for 6 weeks in case he sustained an injury that disadvantaged his securing a new contract with another club.

ZENITH R

Post by ZENITH R » Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:30 pm

Montag wrote:
Albert Steptoe wrote:
Montag wrote:
Pugh had a clause in his contract - if he played one more game we had to give him a 12 month contract, so simple economics. As for Hall, lots of speculation he has another deal already in place - that would be buggered if he played today and got a long term injury. Don't forget there are players (I think there are three at Charlton) who are refusing to play as they are out of contact in a few days time - and have deals in place.
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.