Next season

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

old pauline
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Next season

Post by old pauline » Sun Jun 14, 2020 1:12 pm

I think we will easily be able to pick up the players that we will need for next season as so many smaller clubs are going to have financial difficulties and they are going to have to reduce their wage bills. A downside to this situation is obviously the fact that many other Championship clubs will also be able to take advantage of the market and also acquire decent players. Hopefully we find a few hidden gems among the pile of Primark 'Easy Iron' articles in the reduced section. One area where we may struggle to recruit is centre forward because good forwards are a rarer commodity and they will continue to command transfer fees and high wages. Relegated or not, I think West Ham will want Hugill back (either in the Champ or to sell him) so I do think we're going to need a new centre forward from somewhere. Maybe we can get a Premiership U.23 forward as part of the Eze or BOS deals.

Given that the finances are going to be even more perilous I am sure we will be unable to extend Cameron's, Rangel's and Hall's contracts and I imagine our loan players parent clubs will want them back (unless we get them as part of the Eze/BOS packages).

I think we might be needing a new right back, centre back, CDM, centre forward and possibly a winger.

Who do you think we should go for and which ONE senior player would you go for if you wanted to bring a leader on the assumption that Cameron, Rangel and Hall are not renewed ?
Come on you Sooopa ........

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Re: Next season

Post by QPR_John » Sun Jun 14, 2020 1:46 pm

old pauline wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 1:12 pm
I think we will easily be able to pick up the players that we will need for next season as so many smaller clubs are going to have financial difficulties and they are going to have to reduce their wage bills. A downside to this situation is obviously the fact that many other Championship clubs will also be able to take advantage of the market and also acquire decent players. Hopefully we find a few hidden gems among the pile of Primark 'Easy Iron' articles in the reduced section. One area where we may struggle to recruit is centre forward because good forwards are a rarer commodity and they will continue to command transfer fees and high wages. Relegated or not, I think West Ham will want Hugill back (either in the Champ or to sell him) so I do think we're going to need a new centre forward from somewhere. Maybe we can get a Premiership U.23 forward as part of the Eze or BOS deals.

Given that the finances are going to be even more perilous I am sure we will be unable to extend Cameron's, Rangel's and Hall's contracts and I imagine our loan players parent clubs will want them back (unless we get them as part of the Eze/BOS packages).

I think we might be needing a new right back, centre back, CDM, centre forward and possibly a winger.

Who do you think we should go for and which ONE senior player would you go for if you wanted to bring a leader on the assumption that Cameron, Rangel and Hall are not renewed ?
By your reckoning it seems we will require a new team

Danish Ranger
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by Danish Ranger » Sun Jun 14, 2020 3:15 pm

On a different note !

Last game of the season will be 22nd of July, which will be followed by the play offs

I presume play off final will be first weekend of August

When should we expect the 20/21 season to kick off ?

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Sun Jun 14, 2020 5:04 pm

I think we're likely to need up to 10 players:

1 right back
2 centre backs
2 centre midfielders
3 forwards
2 Strikers

Rbee
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Rbee » Sun Jun 14, 2020 5:33 pm

Danish Ranger wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 3:15 pm
On a different note !

Last game of the season will be 22nd of July, which will be followed by the play offs

I don’t know why they don’t go straight in to the next season and have a winter break

bigbobb
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by bigbobb » Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:36 pm

dm wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 5:04 pm

1 right back
2 centre backs
2 centre midfielders
3 forwards
2 Strikers
Hmm - what about Goalkeeper while we're about it?
This time we'll get it right - just believe! :wink:

deadendjob
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by deadendjob » Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:49 pm

old pauline wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 1:12 pm
Out of curiousity, do we actually know if Hall is a leader? I know he has been given the captains armband, but I don't recall seeing him shouting and trying to motivate the others like you see Cameron do.

deadendjob
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by deadendjob » Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:50 pm

bigbobb wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:36 pm
dm wrote:

1 right back
2 centre backs
2 centre midfielders
3 forwards
2 Strikers
I genuinely think GK is a must have for us. The two we have currently are fine as backups, but neither should be starting.

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:47 pm

deadendjob wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:50 pm
bigbobb wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:36 pm
dm wrote:

1 right back
2 centre backs
2 centre midfielders
3 forwards
2 Strikers
I genuinely think GK is a must have for us. The two we have currently are fine as backups, but neither should be starting.
We don't have the best keepers in the division but I think we'll have to make do with what we've got. However, Seny Dieng has returned from his loan at Doncaster and I'd like to see him given a game or two before the end of the season.

deadendjob
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by deadendjob » Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:18 am

Regarding CB's there was an article recently that suggested Hall had declined a new contract on reduced wages - so we'll need to replace him.

old pauline
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by old pauline » Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:36 am

dm wrote:

1 right back
2 centre backs
2 centre midfielders
3 forwards
2 Strikers
You are right that we will need forwards. We could go for Cauley Woodrow at Barnsley. He has a good scoring record, at a decent level and would fit us nicely.
Come on you Sooopa ........

UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by UxbridgeR » Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:36 am

Danish Ranger wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 3:15 pm
On a different note !

Are you worried about when to submit your annual full League table prediction ?

Traditionally, it would be due around now, I believe, but we can cut you some slack, what with the pandemic and everything. Usual fee too.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

Greyhound
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Greyhound » Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:49 am

Great stuff this - let's replace the entire team and get a captain who shouts a lot - because that's what captains do, right?

While we're at it, what about a big man / little man combo in a 2 man forward line, 'proper wingers' who hug the touchline, and towering centre backs who can put their foot through the ball. We also need to ensure that the entire team run their arses off and - most importantly - look like they're trying. I'd like all of them to be young and hungry, while at the same time a few of them to be wise old heads. The goalkeeper should be over 7 foot and have thighs like tree trunks, to be able to kick the ball out of the ground at the far end.

UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by UxbridgeR » Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:04 am

Can we not knock it ?
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

Montag
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Montag » Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:35 am

There is of course the possibility that the restart will be halted. We're not out of the woods yet and recent events have not helped at all. Poor, poor government. On the other hand, the season could well be completed before the 2nd wave (if it comes) and we may find ourselves in the EPL in which case we will definitely need a few more bods. I see Pugh's been awarded the iron boot. Thought he did OK.
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."
Richard III, Act IV, W. Shakespeare