League Cup winners

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

League Cup winners

Post by Giorgio » Sat May 09, 2020 12:44 pm

I have watched several times the clips of the Cup we won so many years ago and I have this "question/doubt" in my mind, regarding
the third goal, the winning goal that Lazarus scored. If that would have happened nowadays.....do you think it would stand or would
be disallowed ...? On those days there were surely less cheaters and cheating on the pitch so I guess that their keeper got really a nice
blow in his face/head....

So what's your opinion....?

And that's just out of curiosity because at the end of the day what is important is that we won and got our only major trophy ... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: aniclap aniclap

222gers
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Re: League Cup winners

Post by 222gers » Sat May 09, 2020 1:01 pm

Back then, goalies weren't the protected species that they are now. I don’t think the West Brom players were too upset by the challenge but today it would have almost certainly been given as a foul. You've only got to look at a keeper these days for a foul to be given. In fact you've only got to think about the keeper and it's a foul. :wink:

Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Giorgio » Sat May 09, 2020 1:17 pm

222gers wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 1:01 pm
Back then, goalies weren't the protected species that they are now. I don’t think the West Brom players were too upset by the challenge but today it would have almost certainly been given as a foul. You've only got to look at a keeper these days for a foul to be given. In fact you've only got to think about the keeper and it's a foul. :wink:
...in fact I was imagining the same scene happening now....all the players would be surrounding the ref, screaming and complaining.. :lol: :lol:

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Sat May 09, 2020 6:02 pm

If you say Goalkeeper three times during a match a red card will appear. :shock:
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.