Points per Game

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Points per Game

Post by QPR_John » Thu May 07, 2020 2:01 pm

There has been talk of using points per game to decide the tables but am I missing some basic point here. Unless there is a difference in games played point per game simply reflects the current table. In the Premiership only Sheffield United and Wolves will change places along with Arsenal and Spurs. If based on home and away points per game with these values added to the remaining home and away games respectively there is no difference at all. As I say I must be missing something here if points per games is not calculated by current games divided by current points how is it. This has puzzled me for a while but with so many people thinking this could be a solution to ending the season I did not want to appear stupid by bringing it up but however I look at it I cannot see it being a solution

Montag
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Re: Points per Game

Post by Montag » Thu May 07, 2020 7:41 pm

It would be very wrong to do such a thing on the basis that it doesn't take into consideration the opposition. But it wouldn't surprise me if this was done.
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."
Richard III, Act IV, W. Shakespeare