Warren Farm no longer being developed

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

jimjams
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Re: Warren Farm no longer being developed

Post by jimjams » Wed May 13, 2020 7:34 am

deadendjob wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 5:25 pm
I mean, that's pure speculation really. It depends on the size of the plans they're looking to undertake. One would imagine there needs to be quite a bit of development even if we went to the Concorde or they would've swapped the first team with the academy earlier.
Fair point. I suppose you're right.

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Wed May 13, 2020 12:18 pm

deadendjob wrote:
jimjams wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 8:21 am
I'm not surprised to hear it might be the Concorde site. If we were going to give up on Warren Farm, then I think it must be an existing training center or we'd have to go through all the associated planning and regulatory steps and the related risks.
Perhaps it's cheaper, but it's also probably quicker and might be better. We should have it ready for next season, which was looking unlikely with WF.
I mean, that's pure speculation really. It depends on the size of the plans they're looking to undertake. One would imagine there needs to be quite a bit of development even if we went to the Concorde or they would've swapped the first team with the academy earlier.
WF required around 9 months worth of work using landfill to level the area, something that Heston doesn't require, it is also half the size of WF as the facilities will be solely for QPR use and need not provide facilities for the local community; this will be taken care of by continued involvement in the WF plans for the future.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

Satch
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Wed May 13, 2020 2:10 pm

jimjams wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 7:34 am
deadendjob wrote:
Fair point. I suppose you're right.
Tbh, when 'next season' might be is speculation right now.

Systemsguy
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Systemsguy » Sat May 16, 2020 9:19 am

Esox Lucius wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 12:18 pm
deadendjob wrote:
jimjams wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 8:21 am
I'm not surprised to hear it might be the Concorde site. If we were going to give up on Warren Farm, then I think it must be an existing training center or we'd have to go through all the associated planning and regulatory steps and the related risks.
Perhaps it's cheaper, but it's also probably quicker and might be better. We should have it ready for next season, which was looking unlikely with WF.
WF required around 9 months worth of work using landfill to level the area, something that Heston doesn't require, it is also half the size of WF as the facilities will be solely for QPR use and need not provide facilities for the local community; this will be taken care of by continued involvement in the WF plans for the future.
Hate being harsh but don't want any further energy, time or money wasted on WF no matter what (false) promises we've made to Ealing council....

It's a dog toilet for the residents, let em keep it that way....

I also never want to hear TF talk/message about QPR again.... Little chance of that I suppose!
2019/2020.... Keep Calm, no matter the season, we'll follow our team.....

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Sat May 16, 2020 9:24 am

I think Fernandes and Meranum will be kept very busy dealing with the Airbus bribery scandal for the foreseeable future. It may even mean the end of our association with Tune Group if it starts getting ugly.

deadendjob
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by deadendjob » Sat May 16, 2020 7:16 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 9:24 am
I think Fernandes and Meranum will be kept very busy dealing with the Airbus bribery scandal for the foreseeable future. It may even mean the end of our association with Tune Group if it starts getting ugly.
Nah, that's over and done with. The two of them were cleared a few months back.

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Sat May 16, 2020 8:57 pm

deadendjob wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 7:16 pm
Esox Lucius wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 9:24 am
Nah, that's over and done with. The two of them were cleared a few months back.
My apologies to them both.