Season Ticket

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

whittonhoop
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger
Posts: 653
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:23 pm
Location: Whitton

Re: Season Ticket

Post by whittonhoop » Wed May 13, 2020 11:40 am

All renewed, just got an email about the direct debit, first payment going in August

User avatar
deepseahoop
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 7593
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:03 pm
Location: Peoples Republic of South Ruislip

Re: Season Ticket

Post by deepseahoop » Wed May 13, 2020 11:58 am

Giorgio wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:02 pm
I wonder if anybody has some news about the Season Ticket renewal.

I mean, the current season is still on hold and the next possible one is still a mystery.
I guess the end of the month is the deadline to renew at the bargain price.
I see no news on the official site and I don't think I am renewing until things become clear.

I also heard the rumour that in case the current season is resumed, it will be behind closed door and the ST holders will be allowed to watch
the matches for free on the QPR channel.

Does anyone have more news/updates ??
I think I'd want more than watching the games on TV for free I'd almost expect that in return for my loyal support of 40+ years. I hear Brighton and others are giving a credit, for this season's games, against next season's ST cost which sounds fair to me.
Crying won't help you praying won't do you no good

User avatar
Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip
Posts: 21299
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:17 pm
Location: Banbury, Oxon.

Re: Season Ticket

Post by Esox Lucius » Wed May 13, 2020 12:15 pm

It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

User avatar
deepseahoop
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 7593
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:03 pm
Location: Peoples Republic of South Ruislip

Re: Season Ticket

Post by deepseahoop » Wed May 13, 2020 2:58 pm

No change to the renewal date and no news about the current seasons games.
Crying won't help you praying won't do you no good

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 6531
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:35 pm
Location: Reading

Re: Season Ticket

Post by QPR_John » Wed May 13, 2020 6:03 pm

deepseahoop wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 11:58 am
Giorgio wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:02 pm
I wonder if anybody has some news about the Season Ticket renewal.

I mean, the current season is still on hold and the next possible one is still a mystery.
I guess the end of the month is the deadline to renew at the bargain price.
I see no news on the official site and I don't think I am renewing until things become clear.

I also heard the rumour that in case the current season is resumed, it will be behind closed door and the ST holders will be allowed to watch
the matches for free on the QPR channel.

Does anyone have more news/updates ??
I think I'd want more than watching the games on TV for free I'd almost expect that in return for my loyal support of 40+ years. I hear Brighton and others are giving a credit, for this season's games, against next season's ST cost which sounds fair to me.
Brighton can afford to even if relegated

User avatar
Greyhound
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 1541
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:19 pm
Location: Near Lewes, E Sussex

Re: Season Ticket

Post by Greyhound » Thu May 14, 2020 9:29 am

I'm not sure how resilient the club's cash flow is. Can it afford to take any kind of hit at all on its ST income? In the absence of any overall plan for football, you have to be worried that our club, along with others, may start getting into real difficulties because of the financial disruption. The price of cheaper STs may well be that half our squad leave - would that be an acceptable exchange? And it's not clear whether 'rich owners' can just under-write the whole thing - we know that this would breach FFP rules, but maybe they will relax FFP rules. There needs to be a coherent plan for football that addresses this and other issues such as player contracts.

Personally, I'm happy to renew come what may and carry on providing the club with income. But I realise that some people have much tougher choices to make, and many of our fans will have been hit by the financial crisis themselves. Are we realistically going to be paying current rates to watch our current team on their current salaries in the future?

User avatar
Andy_N19
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger
Posts: 3806
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:37 pm

Re: Season Ticket

Post by Andy_N19 » Thu May 14, 2020 9:43 am

Like you, I wonder at the financial health of the club. Had this crisis happened 5 years ago we'd have been a grim
statistic on the back pages, but over the last few years the fat has been trimmed off, there's been sober and
pragmatic mood music coming from Hoos, Ferdinand et al which right now is a good thing.
Staff Benda Bilili

User avatar
dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007
Posts: 13494
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:21 pm
Location: Just over the border...

Re: Season Ticket

Post by dm » Thu May 14, 2020 10:10 am

ST deadline now extended to 30 June https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/ticket-news/ ... d-may2020/

QPR1976
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 1275
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:06 am

Re: Season Ticket

Post by QPR1976 » Thu May 14, 2020 12:58 pm

What about the online shop ? Closed since mid March & I have QPR Cash to spend before I lose it in 2 weeks time....?

User avatar
222gers
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 5164
Joined: Sat Feb 10, 2007 3:55 pm
Location: LONDON

Re: Season Ticket

Post by 222gers » Thu May 14, 2020 1:30 pm

QPR1976 wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 12:58 pm
What about the online shop ? Closed since mid March & I have QPR Cash to spend before I lose it in 2 weeks time....?
They must have one man and a dog working in the online shop. I ordered some mugs, mousemat, hat, bag etc in March and it was delivered this morning. A right load of ol' tut really but it gives the club a few bob although just a drop in the ocean compared to the revenue they need.
I'm quite prepared to write off the balance of this season's ST and purchase next years before the end of June.

User avatar
Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip
Posts: 21299
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:17 pm
Location: Banbury, Oxon.

Re: Season Ticket

Post by Esox Lucius » Fri May 15, 2020 8:38 am

222gers wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 1:30 pm
QPR1976 wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 12:58 pm
What about the online shop ? Closed since mid March & I have QPR Cash to spend before I lose it in 2 weeks time....?
They must have one man and a dog working in the online shop. I ordered some mugs, mousemat, hat, bag etc in March and it was delivered this morning. A right load of ol' tut really but it gives the club a few bob although just a drop in the ocean compared to the revenue they need.
I'm quite prepared to write off the balance of this season's ST and purchase next years before the end of June.
That's what I am planning to do too if it is looking iffy for the club. It's just another version of the collection bucket and we've been there beofre.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

User avatar
UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend
Posts: 10178
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:45 pm

Re: Season Ticket

Post by UxbridgeR » Fri May 15, 2020 9:21 am

Esox Lucius wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 8:38 am
222gers wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 1:30 pm
QPR1976 wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 12:58 pm
What about the online shop ? Closed since mid March & I have QPR Cash to spend before I lose it in 2 weeks time....?
They must have one man and a dog working in the online shop. I ordered some mugs, mousemat, hat, bag etc in March and it was delivered this morning. A right load of ol' tut really but it gives the club a few bob although just a drop in the ocean compared to the revenue they need.
I'm quite prepared to write off the balance of this season's ST and purchase next years before the end of June.
That's what I am planning to do too if it is looking iffy for the club. It's just another version of the collection bucket and we've been there beofre.
It's rather different to the collection bucket days, in the sense that we now have very rich owners, albeit they may be rather less wealthy after the events of the last couple of months. I'd also like to see players offering to take wage cuts rather than deferrals, if things do get that desperate.

If push came to shove, we could surely sell one or two of our better players to bring in some money to keep us going.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

User avatar
Greyhound
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 1541
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:19 pm
Location: Near Lewes, E Sussex

Re: Season Ticket

Post by Greyhound » Fri May 15, 2020 6:21 pm

Rich owners can't put money in because FFP.

And trimming our playing budget or selling players = goodbye Bright and Eze on the cheap.

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 6531
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:35 pm
Location: Reading

Re: Season Ticket

Post by QPR_John » Fri May 15, 2020 7:10 pm

Greyhound wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 6:21 pm
Rich owners can't put money in because FFP.

And trimming our playing budget or selling players = goodbye Bright and Eze on the cheap.
while I believe the current FFP regulations may be found wanting if tested in court if the FL use FFP to stop an owner saving his own business then I think they would be in trouble

User avatar
Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip
Posts: 21299
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:17 pm
Location: Banbury, Oxon.

Re: Season Ticket

Post by Esox Lucius » Sat May 16, 2020 9:19 am

QPR_John wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 7:10 pm
Greyhound wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 6:21 pm
Rich owners can't put money in because FFP.

And trimming our playing budget or selling players = goodbye Bright and Eze on the cheap.
while I believe the current FFP regulations may be found wanting if tested in court if the FL use FFP to stop an owner saving his own business then I think they would be in trouble
I have written a message to the EFL regarding their position over owners pumping money in to save a club. It will take up to ten days for them to respond but once I get a reply I will post it in here.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

Post Reply