Season Ticket

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Season Ticket

Post by Giorgio » Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:02 pm

I wonder if anybody has some news about the Season Ticket renewal.

I mean, the current season is still on hold and the next possible one is still a mystery.
I guess the end of the month is the deadline to renew at the bargain price.
I see no news on the official site and I don't think I am renewing until things become clear.

I also heard the rumour that in case the current season is resumed, it will be behind closed door and the ST holders will be allowed to watch
the matches for free on the QPR channel.

Does anyone have more news/updates ??

222gers
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Re: Season Ticket

Post by 222gers » Tue Apr 21, 2020 6:51 pm

I imagine the early bird price would be extended until the end of May at least.
The situation for us old geezers is less clear. There is every possibility that restrictions will be eased for younger folk but stay in place for the over 70s. In such a case the club would be unable to sell us season tickets. Perhaps that's overly pessimistic, we are in uncharted waters and it looks like either a vaccine or a medicine to alleviate the illness is our only way out.

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Tue Apr 21, 2020 6:51 pm

My season ticket is on auto renew but they haven't taken any payments since lockdown.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

Montag
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Montag » Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:16 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 6:51 pm
My season ticket is on auto renew but they haven't taken any payments since lockdown.
Mine's the same - I think April and May are non-payment months? (if you pay monthly).
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."
Richard III, Act IV, W. Shakespeare

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Wed Apr 22, 2020 5:08 am

The early bird ST offer was extended to 29 May a while ago. The last statement on STs that I'm aware of is this: https://www.qpr.co.uk/tickets/season-tickets/

UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by UxbridgeR » Thu Apr 23, 2020 11:54 am

It's difficult to see how any club could justify taking payments for next season up front, when there is no clarity whatsoever about even finishing the current one. On the other hand, without that money, many may well go to the wall.

One way or another, it will be quite some time before football as we knew it a couple of months ago returns. If it ever does.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

QPR-FOREVER-N-EVER
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by QPR-FOREVER-N-EVER » Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:36 pm

dm wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 5:08 am
The early bird ST offer was extended to 29 May a while ago. The last statement on STs that I'm aware of is this: https://www.qpr.co.uk/tickets/season-tickets/

Are you sure?

This one on the QPR home page still shows 30th April so a little confused lol

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/ticket-news/ ... -sale-now/
CMON U SUPPA HOOOPSA!!!!

222gers
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Thu Apr 23, 2020 5:36 pm

I imagine the club will go ahead on selling season tickets for next season despite not knowing when (if?) the matches will be played. We have after all, been buying season tickets for years without knowing when matches would kick off due to Sky TV and international breaks distorting the fixture list.

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:57 am

QPR-FOREVER-N-EVER wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:36 pm
dm wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 5:08 am

Are you sure?

This one on the QPR home page still shows 30th April so a little confused lol

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/ticket-news/ ... -sale-now/
That is a bit confusing but, yes, I'm sure.

The club sent out an email on 20 March that said "In light of the ongoing challenges the country is facing due to COVID-19, the club can confirm the deadline for 2020/21 Season Tickets has been extended to Friday 29th May 2020 (the original deadline was 30th April)."

They've not updated the webpage you quote, however, the May date is shown on the Season Tickets FAQs page: https://www.qpr.co.uk/tickets/season-tickets-faqs/

stainesranger
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by stainesranger » Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:32 am

Looks like that will surely have to be extended again. No one will know what they’re buying or when matches are likely to re-start.

Wegerle
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Wegerle » Sat Apr 25, 2020 4:27 pm

It is questions like these that trigger reality checks. Of course things will ease up but how many years could it take untill we sit side by side in a packed stadium again? Very surreal thoughts sometimes!

Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Giorgio » Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:45 pm

well, I really hope that the season will be completed sooner or later.
I find very unfair what has already happened in other countries (Holland and Belgium) and in other sports (I know for sure of the basketball
season in Italy), where the season has been called off, cancelled with no result. No titles, no drops, no promotion.
See you again next.....
I would agree if the season was at the beginning or even half, but not when it has arrived at 3/4 of it.
I would resume it when it will be possible even if it might take to have one season run over a two years period.

QPR-FOREVER-N-EVER
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by QPR-FOREVER-N-EVER » Sat May 09, 2020 2:21 pm

Anyone think the season ticket deadline will at this stage be extended past 29th May? I mean, we don’t even know if or when fans will be allowed to watch matches anyway! ehh
CMON U SUPPA HOOOPSA!!!!

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Sat May 09, 2020 6:01 pm

Sat May 09, 2020 2:21 pm
Anyone think the season ticket deadline will at this stage be extended past 29th May? I mean, we don’t even know if or when fans will be allowed to watch matches anyway! ehh
No-one can say they know, not even the club but I would be very surprised if there are any fans allowed at games this year.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Sat May 09, 2020 6:01 pm

Sat May 09, 2020 2:21 pm
The season ticket deadline will definitely be extended and quite possibly indefinitely. As you rightly say, there's no date for when fans can return but there's no date yet for when football restarts either. There's no point pulling a date out of thin air for the sake of it.