All QPR staff take voluntary pay cut

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

All QPR staff take voluntary pay cut

Post by dm » Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:05 pm

That is, all non-playing staff: https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/al ... y-pay-cut/

Hall is quoted as saying talks are ongoing with the club, league and PFA. But it doesn't look good when those among the highest paid at QPR, that is the players, have yet to do their bit.

Satch
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Re: All QPR staff take voluntary pay cut

Post by Satch » Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:17 pm

Isn't it the same across every club right now? I thought i read that everything was going through the PFA for now.

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:21 pm

Satch wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:17 pm
Isn't it the same across every club right now? I thought i read that everything was going through the PFA for now.
You could be right, Satch. Apols for being a grump.

222gers
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:41 pm

Harry Redknapp, of all people on the BBC six o'clock news saying players should take a pay cut !
Quite right though. Fans will not forget if these wildly overpaid players don't share the pain. I refer of course to players across the board not in particular regard to our players.

DroopStreetOldBoys
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by DroopStreetOldBoys » Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:55 pm

Not impressed at all, given the combined wealth of our owners.

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:07 am

The media is reporting that the PFA wants players' wages to be deferred not cut. This is just plain wrong. The Premier League and EFL are arguing for player wage cuts and I hope the players themselves do the same.

stainesranger
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by stainesranger » Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:47 pm

If it’s people’s livelihoods I suppose I don’t mind losing out on 9 games of season ticket money for the games we don’t get to watch, but I’d like to know the players and the owners had taken their share of the burden.

To be honest, it doesn’t sit right them having my money and us not getting any product. I’d like to think it will be discounted against next season. Has there been any announcement on that?

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by QPR_John » Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:58 pm

stainesranger wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:47 pm
If it’s people’s livelihoods I suppose I don’t mind losing out on 9 games of season ticket money for the games we don’t get to watch, but I’d like to know the players and the owners had taken their share of the burden.

To be honest, it doesn’t sit right them having my money and us not getting any product. I’d like to think it will be discounted against next season. Has there been any announcement on that?
It seems there will not be 23 home games next season if this season is to be finished so I imagine there will some adjustment

222gers
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:29 pm

I don't mind losing the balance of this season's ST but would be happier if the players took a pay cut. I ordered some stuff on the Rangers online shop a couple of weeks back to give the club a bit of cash flow in a very small way. I haven't received anything and the store is now closed. I'll write it off as a donation.
Most experts seem to be saying we won't be completely clear of the virus until there is a completely proven vaccine and that could be a year away. Even if the game restarts in a few months I wonder if people whose health is not A1 will take the chance and attend.
Hopefully the experts are being overly pessimistic and a vaccine can be fast tracked.

Montag
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Montag » Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:11 pm

222gers wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:29 pm
I don't mind losing the balance of this season's ST but would be happier if the players took a pay cut. I ordered some stuff on the Rangers online shop a couple of weeks back to give the club a bit of cash flow in a very small way. I haven't received anything and the store is now closed. I'll write it off as a donation.
Most experts seem to be saying we won't be completely clear of the virus until there is a completely proven vaccine and that could be a year away. Even if the game restarts in a few months I wonder if people whose health is not A1 will take the chance and attend.
Hopefully the experts are being overly pessimistic and a vaccine can be fast tracked.
My daughter and I have also put orders in about 2 weeks ago and nothing received yet. Don't give up hope. The club shop says they'll fulfil all orders made before March 27th. Probably one person wading through it all.
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."
Richard III, Act IV, W. Shakespeare

Satch
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Sun Apr 05, 2020 1:43 am

dm wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:07 am
The media is reporting that the PFA wants players' wages to be deferred not cut. This is just plain wrong. The Premier League and EFL are arguing for player wage cuts and I hope the players themselves do the same.
I guess it depends on the player. I'd have some sympathy for a player like Shodipo (just as an example) who is young, potentially out of contract and who might need the money, relatively speaking. Someone like Aguero, less so.

It also might be PR from the PFA but another sticking point seems to be over the wage cuts not helping non-playing staff.

I hope the EFL are going to come up with something practical re: profit and sustainability. I do worry (as far as football goes) that this might heavily impact how much we get for Eze and BOS.

Keith
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by Keith » Sat Apr 11, 2020 11:54 am

Talking of top class players in general- not QPR specific, and less applicable the lower down the leagues you go- wouldn't it be nice if they just paid their f***ing income tax?
20%, 40% or 45%, its all laid out in law and easy to work out. I pay it and most of the members on here pay it. Name a premiership player who pays it on all his income. You wouldn't be able to put a team together.

Satch
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Sun Apr 12, 2020 2:34 am

Keith wrote:
Sat Apr 11, 2020 11:54 am
Talking of top class players in general- not QPR specific, and less applicable the lower down the leagues you go- wouldn't it be nice if they just paid their f***ing income tax?
20%, 40% or 45%, its all laid out in law and easy to work out. I pay it and most of the members on here pay it. Name a premiership player who pays it on all his income. You wouldn't be able to put a team together.
Do you have some specific examples?

The few players who've had their payslips leaked generally seemed to be on PAYE on the full rate. In terms of sponsorship etc i have no idea, you'd imagine most have fairly 'astute tax planning' but i don't know that or couldn't single anyone out, again that's also laid out int law. It's not exactly uncommon for people with the means and motive to do that. It's always footballers who are singled out when it comes to income and contributions.

Keith
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by Keith » Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:10 am

Don't get me wrong Satch. Footballers are far from unique and certainly not the worst when it comes to avoiding tax, so Im not buying into this whole scapegoating of them but it does happen and, for the record, is not illegal. Simplistically, If you pay me £100K and I pay income tax on that, I pay £45K. Now if you were to call it £50K salary and £50K "image rights" paid to a rights management company I have set up in the Isle of Man for example, I would pay £22,500 only but still legitimately claim I pay PAYE.

deadendjob
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by deadendjob » Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:10 pm

If the players were to take say a 10% pay cut, that'd probably cover the wages of most non-playing staff