All games cancelled till 4/4/20

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

Montag
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

All games cancelled till 4/4/20

Post by Montag » Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:40 am

Just announced by Sky. (It understands).
Last edited by Montag on Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."
Richard III, Act IV, W. Shakespeare

Montag
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Re: All games cancelled till 4/4/20

Post by Montag » Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:50 am

Sorry if I've jumped the gun. Not official yet.
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."

UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by UxbridgeR » Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:52 am

So what's everyone doing tomorrow instead ? We should all meet up.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

SM
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by SM » Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:03 am

UxbridgeR wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:52 am
So what's everyone doing tomorrow instead ? We should all meet up.
:lol:
Isle Of Wight R'ssssssssss

Montag
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Montag » Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:12 am

Sorry, 3rd April at the earliest. Official now.

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:29 pm

The football authorities have done what the Government refused to do. For once, well done football authorities.

Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Giorgio » Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:49 pm

dm wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:29 pm
The football authorities have done what the Government refused to do. For once, well done football authorities.
..I read that the government is willing to let the virus spread around the country, infecting 60% of the population so that
it would end with people creating the due anti-corps....pity that a good number of those infected will be.....how to say it politely...
ah...yes...focked ....it is a virus that can induce pneumonia.....and over 5K people died already.... :roll: :roll:

Rbee
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Rbee » Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:04 pm

So scrap this season and start again in August or finish this season and shorten next season?

Option two for me.

222gers
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:31 pm

Rbee wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:04 pm
So scrap this season and start again in August or finish this season and shorten next season?

Option two for me.
It’s a tough call. The club completely deprived of income other than fans buying STs ahead of time. Even the club shop is closed although stuff can be purchased online. This income is of cause chicken feed against what it costs to keep the club running.
Even if we start playing again in April, I imagine some fans may be worried about attending and gates may be lower than would otherwise be the case. Bloody hell.

Montag
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Montag » Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:22 pm

Giorgio wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:49 pm
dm wrote:
..I read that the government is willing to let the virus spread around the country, infecting 60% of the population so that
it would end with people creating the due anti-corps....pity that a good number of those infected will be.....how to say it politely...
ah...yes...focked ....it is a virus that can induce pneumonia.....and over 5K people died already.... :roll: :roll:
Right again Giorgio. They seem to be willing to sacrifice up to 8 million people in order to create a "herd" immunity. What kind of nut-jobs are they?? This is a criminally negligent attitude. Anyone remember General Turgidson in Dr Strangelove? Whilst urging a first nuclear strike against the USSR he blasély suggests the US's losses would be "20 Million -Tops!" That's this Vallance characters' attitude.

kernowhoop
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by kernowhoop » Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:01 pm

Giorgio wrote:
dm wrote:
[/quot

Many of us on here think that we know better how to run the club or manage the team. But, we often disagree strongly about those matters and we are often wrong - very wrong. Managing a pandemic, however, is on another level altogether and one in which the trade-offs to be taken account of are bigger than we have in football. China implemented draconian measures but the virus still found its way around and some 3,100 people have died of it there. Apparently, there may be no effective vaccine until well into next year. In the meantime, we can mitigate its effects and must, but, the thing will have to run its course, by which time, large numbers of people will have acquired immunity.
It's simple. Score more goals than they do.

old pauline
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by old pauline » Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:47 pm

The keeper who played for Leipzig on Tuesday has been tested positive for Coronavirus.

The Tottenham players have been advised that they will not have to self-isolate as none of them got anywhere near him.
Come on you Sooopa ........

Satch
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Sat Mar 14, 2020 12:33 am

Giorgio wrote:
dm wrote:
I don't know close to enough about the subject to say this is the wrong thing to do but it's pretty concerning that we seem to be the only nation willing to take this approach, especially with the type of pernicious cunts in charge of the country and the ethos of disaster capitalism at the heart of their motives.

White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by White Duck » Sat Mar 14, 2020 3:39 am

Satch wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 12:33 am
Giorgio wrote:
dm wrote:
I don't know close to enough about the subject to say this is the wrong thing to do but it's pretty concerning that we seem to be the only nation willing to take this approach, especially with the type of pernicious cunts in charge of the country and the ethos of disaster capitalism at the heart of their motives.
How classy of you to try to make this a political issue. Well done you 👍.
Lex Talionis........

Rbee
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Rbee » Sat Mar 14, 2020 4:34 am

White Duck wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 3:39 am

How classy of you to try to make this a political issue. Well done you 👍.
and ironically doesn’t live here