Transfer Rumours

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

PeterS
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Re: Transfer Rumours

Post by PeterS » Fri Apr 17, 2020 2:31 am

He says he doesn't want to come back- its not actually down to him. He has to find a club that will give him a contract. I suspect we will let him go for a free to get him off the pay roll.

SM
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by SM » Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:50 am

dm wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:18 pm
No real surprise that Leistner won't be returning: https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/foo ... n-16042011

Given there's a further year on his contract I assume we'll see something in the way of a transfer fee from FC Koln.
It’s a shame we won’t get anywhere near the figure we need for McKenna from Aberdeen.

I like Leistner though. Definitely one of the more likeable players we’ve had over recent years.
Isle Of Wight R'ssssssssss

Satch
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Sat Apr 18, 2020 4:03 pm

PeterS wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 2:31 am
He says he doesn't want to come back- its not actually down to him. He has to find a club that will give him a contract. I suspect we will let him go for a free to get him off the pay roll.
Koln have done well with him in the side, year on the contract, no reason we shouldn't be able to get a few quid but only if there is a transfer market.

Tbf, it's not as if we've lost money on him, anything would be a profit. Not heard much of McKenna recently other than some Rangers fans talking about what an absolute cart-horse he is.

PeterS
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by PeterS » Sun Apr 19, 2020 1:16 am

The key re Toni is whether we are currently subsidising his salary in Germany. I would be surprised if they can match is salary at QPR. Any transfer fee will be minimal. From the club’s point of view one of our higher paid players will be off the payroll

jimjams
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by jimjams » Mon Apr 20, 2020 4:27 am

I don't think we can expect much in terms of transfer fees in the coming year or two. No one will have any money.
Also heard a German footballer comment on wage cuts, saying it was basically a loan to nothing. Say Koln players agree a 10% wage cut to get the club through this. If Koln then pays us 500,000 euros or whatever, you can imagine that it might not be popular with the team.