Transfer Rumours

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

Post Reply
User avatar
PeterS
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 1884
Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2007 11:09 pm
Location: Hertfordshire

Re: Transfer Rumours

Post by PeterS » Fri Apr 17, 2020 2:31 am

He says he doesn't want to come back- its not actually down to him. He has to find a club that will give him a contract. I suspect we will let him go for a free to get him off the pay roll.

User avatar
SM
dot.org legend
dot.org legend
Posts: 16059
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:35 pm
Location: Isle of Wight
Contact:

Re: Transfer Rumours

Post by SM » Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:50 am

dm wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:18 pm
No real surprise that Leistner won't be returning: https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/foo ... n-16042011

Given there's a further year on his contract I assume we'll see something in the way of a transfer fee from FC Koln.
It’s a shame we won’t get anywhere near the figure we need for McKenna from Aberdeen.

I like Leistner though. Definitely one of the more likeable players we’ve had over recent years.
Isle Of Wight R'ssssssssss

Satch
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger
Posts: 3908
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:34 am
Location: New York City

Re: Transfer Rumours

Post by Satch » Sat Apr 18, 2020 4:03 pm

PeterS wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 2:31 am
He says he doesn't want to come back- its not actually down to him. He has to find a club that will give him a contract. I suspect we will let him go for a free to get him off the pay roll.
Koln have done well with him in the side, year on the contract, no reason we shouldn't be able to get a few quid but only if there is a transfer market.

Tbf, it's not as if we've lost money on him, anything would be a profit. Not heard much of McKenna recently other than some Rangers fans talking about what an absolute cart-horse he is.

User avatar
PeterS
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 1884
Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2007 11:09 pm
Location: Hertfordshire

Re: Transfer Rumours

Post by PeterS » Sun Apr 19, 2020 1:16 am

The key re Toni is whether we are currently subsidising his salary in Germany. I would be surprised if they can match is salary at QPR. Any transfer fee will be minimal. From the club’s point of view one of our higher paid players will be off the payroll

jimjams
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger
Posts: 663
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:50 pm

Re: Transfer Rumours

Post by jimjams » Mon Apr 20, 2020 4:27 am

I don't think we can expect much in terms of transfer fees in the coming year or two. No one will have any money.
Also heard a German footballer comment on wage cuts, saying it was basically a loan to nothing. Say Koln players agree a 10% wage cut to get the club through this. If Koln then pays us 500,000 euros or whatever, you can imagine that it might not be popular with the team.

User avatar
deadendjob
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 5563
Joined: Sat May 19, 2012 2:56 pm
Location: Auckland, New Zealand

Re: Transfer Rumours

Post by deadendjob » Fri May 29, 2020 7:47 pm

Image

User avatar
Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor
Posts: 4844
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:03 pm
Location: Dublin

Re: Transfer Rumours

Post by Giorgio » Sat May 30, 2020 9:09 am

deadendjob wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 7:47 pm
Linked with Axel Urie - 21yo CAM

Linked with Van La Parra - 28yo winger
...I don't know that Urie, but I remember well La Parra, watching him play at least twice at LR and every time creating plenty
of problems for us on the wing...somehow he reminds me of Wells, though probably he scores less...

User avatar
Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip
Posts: 21434
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:17 pm
Location: Banbury, Oxon.

Re: Transfer Rumours

Post by Esox Lucius » Sat May 30, 2020 9:30 am

Giorgio wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 9:09 am
deadendjob wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 7:47 pm
Linked with Axel Urie - 21yo CAM

Linked with Van La Parra - 28yo winger
...I don't know that Urie, but I remember well La Parra, watching him play at least twice at LR and every time creating plenty
of problems for us on the wing...somehow he reminds me of Wells, though probably he scores less...
I can't comment on Urie as I know nothing about him but Rajiv van La Parra doesn't have much support from fans of clubs he has played for, he comes across as a mercenary type. Maybe MW can work that out of him but I would rather we carried on developing Smyth, Shodipo & Dalling before risking upsetting the apple cart.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

User avatar
ZENITH R
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 9317
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:40 pm
Location: North Derbyshire

Re: Transfer Rumours

Post by ZENITH R » Sat May 30, 2020 12:30 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 9:30 am
Giorgio wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 9:09 am
deadendjob wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 7:47 pm
Linked with Axel Urie - 21yo CAM

Linked with Van La Parra - 28yo winger
...I don't know that Urie, but I remember well La Parra, watching him play at least twice at LR and every time creating plenty
of problems for us on the wing...somehow he reminds me of Wells, though probably he scores less...
I can't comment on Urie as I know nothing about him but Rajiv van La Parra doesn't have much support from fans of clubs he has played for, he comes across as a mercenary type. Maybe MW can work that out of him but I would rather we carried on developing Smyth, Shodipo & Dalling before risking upsetting the apple cart.
Absolutely.

He hasn't played a lot of football recently - in fact he's only played 28 games since 2017/18 and 11 of those were in Serbia.
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

User avatar
dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007
Posts: 13565
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:21 pm
Location: Just over the border...

Re: Transfer Rumours

Post by dm » Sat May 30, 2020 6:21 pm

ZENITH R wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 12:30 pm
Esox Lucius wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 9:30 am
Giorgio wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 9:09 am


...I don't know that Urie, but I remember well La Parra, watching him play at least twice at LR and every time creating plenty
of problems for us on the wing...somehow he reminds me of Wells, though probably he scores less...
I can't comment on Urie as I know nothing about him but Rajiv van La Parra doesn't have much support from fans of clubs he has played for, he comes across as a mercenary type. Maybe MW can work that out of him but I would rather we carried on developing Smyth, Shodipo & Dalling before risking upsetting the apple cart.
Absolutely.

He hasn't played a lot of football recently - in fact he's only played 28 games since 2017/18 and 11 of those were in Serbia.
I agree we need to continue to develop our young players. However, they're not all going to make it so we need to be constantly looking to bring in the next Eze/BOS/Masterson. That's surely the model for the way ahead.

User avatar
deadendjob
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 5563
Joined: Sat May 19, 2012 2:56 pm
Location: Auckland, New Zealand

Re: Transfer Rumours

Post by deadendjob » Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:06 pm

Not that it's from a reputable source, but there's a rumour that has been circling that Eze's going to Spam and as a swap deal for Hugill & £2m.
Sauce

Seems a little far fetched (as mostly I don't value Hugill at £10m), but with Eze in his last year of contract, the £20m people have been talking about is less likely. The prospects of ending up with a significantly reduced deal is still a very real possibility.
Image

User avatar
dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007
Posts: 13565
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:21 pm
Location: Just over the border...

Re: Transfer Rumours

Post by dm » Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:21 pm

I genuinely can't see that as Eze's deal, dej, not least because he can do better than Wham. Spurs may not win silverware but they'd certainly be a better club for Eze.

As for what we'll get for him, the club would do well to be cagey for the time being and assess the value of the coming transfer market. If the scum's recent multi-million player purchases are anything to go by, top clubs are still willing to dole out very large amounts.

I am rather conflicted by it all though because on the one hand I want us to get as much as possible for Eze but on the other, I want a stop to the obscene amounts of money thrown around in football.

jimjams
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger
Posts: 663
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:50 pm

Re: Transfer Rumours

Post by jimjams » Tue Jun 09, 2020 12:47 pm

deadendjob wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:06 pm
Not that it's from a reputable source, but there's a rumour that has been circling that Eze's going to Spam and as a swap deal for Hugill & £2m.
Sauce

Seems a little far fetched (as mostly I don't value Hugill at £10m), but with Eze in his last year of contract, the £20m people have been talking about is less likely. The prospects of ending up with a significantly reduced deal is still a very real possibility.
Seems nonsensical, since we wouldn't pay 5 million for Wells. And the only reason we are interested in selling Eze is for the cash, so a deal where we only get 2m is next to useless. Plus, isn't Hugill nearing the end of his contract? AIUI West Ham can extend, but that would seem odd unless they intended to play him. Clubs will be looking to cut costs, and I guess Hugill would be about 1m a year at least.
I'm not sure if Hugill is worth 10m. Maybe. Decent Championship strikers are expensive. But we're just no longer a club that can (effectively) pay that much for anyone, even before the pandemic. And if anyone is going to do well at picking up good deals among the expected wave of free agents, I would think it would be Mark Warburton.

User avatar
Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor
Posts: 4844
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:03 pm
Location: Dublin

Re: Transfer Rumours

Post by Giorgio » Sat Jun 13, 2020 4:42 pm

...read that we signed Amos and let Pugh go with immediate effect as another match played would have triggered a new one season contract clause.
Well, of course there is the age difference between the two on Amos's advantage, but I consider Pugh a better player - at this moment.

User avatar
dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007
Posts: 13565
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:21 pm
Location: Just over the border...

Re: Transfer Rumours

Post by dm » Sat Jun 13, 2020 5:18 pm

Giorgio wrote:
Sat Jun 13, 2020 4:42 pm
...read that we signed Amos and let Pugh go with immediate effect as another match played would have triggered a new one season contract clause.
Well, of course there is the age difference between the two on Amos's advantage, but I consider Pugh a better player - at this moment.
They play in different positions. One was under contract, the other on loan. There's no real comparision between the two is there?

Post Reply