Transfer Rumours

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

deadendjob
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Re: Transfer Rumours

Post by deadendjob » Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:03 pm

dm wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:42 pm
deadendjob wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:03 pm
dm wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:15 pm
Could CB Aden Flint be our final summer signing?

For me, only at a much-reduced fee: https://www.footballinsider247.com/excl ... city-star/
Flint was a very good CB, so I'm surprised he has fallen out of favour, unless it was injury related. He'd be better than any of the current CB's we have, so I'd gladly take him. He did sign for 3 years with Cardiff (circa 4m) last year though, which means he probably won't come cheap.
Would you think he fits into the ball playing CB Warburton clearly requires?
He can pass well enough but I don't recall him pinging 30 yard passes like Barbet does.
He's a big strong CB (he's a real monster like 6'6), so would help address our set piece issues at the back and give us an option when attacking.

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:36 am

deadendjob wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:03 pm
He can pass well enough but I don't recall him pinging 30 yard passes like Barbet does.
He's a big strong CB (he's a real monster like 6'6), so would help address our set piece issues at the back and give us an option when attacking.
Thanks dej. I also thought, being the size he is, he could be just the player to help with our set peice problems. But on second thoughts I'm not so sure these problems are caused by our defenders getting beaten on the air. There have been a few occasions when that's been the case but it seems to be more of an organisational issue. At times it's almost looked like no one really understands what the plan is when we face a set peice. Perhaps his experience would be just as valuable.

Anyway, he's probably out of our price bracket and will go to Wednesday.

UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by UxbridgeR » Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:52 pm

Dave McIntyre is saying that Smyth and Masterson look likely to go out on loan.

https://t.co/cFWDrnkAVo?amp=1
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

deadendjob
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by deadendjob » Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:21 pm

That WLS article also mentions Kelman from Southend. There's a bunch of other articles suggesting it's more or less a done deal.

We're also linked with Kuate - 25yo Mid.

Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Giorgio » Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:55 pm

...reading on a FB page that Manning to West Ham looks like happening very soon....

n22hoop
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by n22hoop » Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:26 am

Giorgio wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:55 pm
...reading on a FB page that Manning to West Ham looks like happening very soon....
I hope for his sake & ours that he doesn't get injured if he plays for ROI tomorrow night (v Finland).
"Football is the love of form. A spectacle that scarcely leaves a trace in the memory and does not enrich or impoverish knowledge. This is its appeal : it is exciting and empty." Mario Vargas Llosa

ZENITH R

Post by ZENITH R » Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:23 am

I think that will be a poor move for him.

Presumably, they are not thinking of playing him as a left back, if so - he'll get creamed every week and his WHAM career will be a short one.
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Giorgio » Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:16 pm

ZENITH R wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:23 am
I think that will be a poor move for him.

Presumably, they are not thinking of playing him as a left back, if so - he'll get creamed every week and his WHAM career will be a short one.

...agree. He is a good player but not good enough in my opinion to get a role in Premier. At least now. May be in future if he keeps on
growing and developing a career....I would see him better stay and play in the Championship, but may be he - and his agent - are already looking
at more money at the soonest....

Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Giorgio » Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:39 pm

..and some news....don't know enough to tell if he is any good, but anyway that's the way to go. Get in young players eager to show their value....and develop them.

https://www.echo-news.co.uk/sport/18790 ... XhxBd0[/b]

karateelvis
Logo Designer
Logo Designer

Post by karateelvis » Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:33 pm

ZENITH R wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:23 am
I think West Ham have been playing with wingbacks (Masuaka on the left) - which I think is Manning's best position nowadays. Easy to see why bigger clubs are interested, his stats were impressive last year, I do think he has some defensive improvements to make if he wants to succeed in that position however.

To be honest, with West Ham in impressive form in their last couple of games, I think if he does move, he'll have to settle for a place on the bench for the immediate future.
"Every dog has its day, and today is woof day! Today I just want to bark!"

ANDREW1302
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by ANDREW1302 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:47 pm

The Claret and Blue page says an insider at WH says Moyes does not rate Manning and it is all media hype. I don't know but i wonder if Manning has been hyped by his agent and actually will not end up with anything this week. I still think the best thing for him is to play, get better and then find a bigger club. To do that he will have to sign a new contract. If nothing happens this week i think it will be yet another case of an agent messing a player up.

deadendjob
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by deadendjob » Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:05 pm

Linked with Michael Hector (CB) on loan from Fulham.

There's a rumour on Fantasy island we're looking at Dennis Cirkin - 17yo LWB Spurs. Likely to be a loan too I imagine.

Satch
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:47 am

ANDREW1302 wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:47 pm
The Claret and Blue page says an insider at WH says Moyes does not rate Manning and it is all media hype. I don't know but i wonder if Manning has been hyped by his agent and actually will not end up with anything this week. I still think the best thing for him is to play, get better and then find a bigger club. To do that he will have to sign a new contract. If nothing happens this week i think it will be yet another case of an agent messing a player up.
Agents are never sympathetic figures but i'm not sure how much work there is for agents who mess up players careers (other than a few cases where family are involved), i suspect more often than not they're acting under instruction. We offered Manning a new contract some time ago, it wasn't taken even when he was in the first team, he's changed agent and nothing has changed. I think at this point it's just as fair to assume Manning changed agent as he wanted someone to manage his move rather than resigning. I don't think he wants to be a QPR player anymore and that's his prerogative. Whether that be money or opportunity who knows.

I don't think you can say W Ham is a bad move. They're a PL team who seem willing to give young Championship players a go and i'm sure with a hefty wage increase. Good on him if it happens and at this point i'd be pleased we cash in, i like the player a lot but realistically he still doesn't look quite able to play as a natural LB in the system we play and i think 5-3-2 might be no more than plan b given we've just signed 2 out and out wingers and are desperate to resign BOS. I do think we desperately need a reliable LB before the window is over.

Regarding BOS, i expect ilke a few others have suggested, he's told the club he'll agree a deal unless a certain level of club come in for him and the club are comfortable with that level of commitment.

This talk of an unproven Cameroonian holding midfielder is trigering my PPTSD.

UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by UxbridgeR » Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:58 am

According to WLS, the only likely incoming movement today will be a left-sided centreback, and even that will be dependent on Masterson getting an appropriate loan out.

https://t.co/yCx0YpUbqi?amp=1
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:09 am

UxbridgeR wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:58 am
According to WLS, the only likely incoming movement today will be a left-sided centreback, and even that will be dependent on Masterson getting an appropriate loan out.

https://t.co/yCx0YpUbqi?amp=1
In terms of incoming players I think that's absolutely right. Flint or Hector would be an upgrade, but I suspect there will be others being considered.

We should see some players leaving on loan. As Dave Mc's article states, one of Lumley or Kelly, Smyth, and Masterson should we bring in a CB. Any number of youngsters may get opportunities elsewhere and I'd have thought the club would particularly want Bettache, Oteh and Alfa out on loans.

In Manning's case there's a possibility, though a shrinking one, that he'll be sold. I'd have thought any club offering something close to £5m and we'd jump at the chance.

There are rumours the mysterious Ramkilde has left the club. I've no idea if they're true or not.

Whatever happens today, I think the club have had an excellent transfer window.