Transfer Rumours

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

old pauline
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Re: Transfer Rumours

Post by old pauline » Wed Aug 19, 2020 2:35 pm

n22hoop wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:24 am
UxbridgeR wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 8:26 am
It's all very well banging 'em in at the Tony Macaroni Arena, but can he do it on a cold, wet Tuesday night at Oakwell ?

Our Australian signings always work out well, so I'm sure this will be fine.
Hope he's not pasta his best.
OK, can he do it on a warm wet winter evening at Oakwell then
Come on you Sooopa ........

Rbee
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Rbee » Wed Aug 19, 2020 7:39 pm

UxbridgeR wrote:
:lol: :lol:

Best we consider him Scottish I think.

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:51 pm

Rbee wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 7:39 pm
UxbridgeR wrote:
:lol: :lol:

Best we consider him Scottish I think.
Alright, but just don't mention Bob Malcolm.

Rbee
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Rbee » Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:21 pm

Come on dm positive thinking, let's go Paul Wright!

Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Giorgio » Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:13 pm

Rbee wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:21 pm
Come on dm positive thinking, let's go Paul Wright!
..well...If I am not wrong he scored a brace on his debut....anyway I guess now we need to focus on the defense....
it was already pretty weak last season...and now Rangell, Hall and BFG are all gone....

deadendjob
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by deadendjob » Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:01 pm

Systemsguy wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 1:35 pm
Reminds me of the season we wanted Hooper but he used us to get more money from Norwich and we ended up with Charlie instead.....
Hooper played for my A-League Club - Wellington Phoenix this season. Was an absolute class above all other players on the team, but was overweight and unfit. Still managed to score circa 10 goals, got a few assists, set up others so for us which was a decent return for us. Sadly, he did his hammy so he's gone back to blighty before we go into the finals.

deadendjob
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by deadendjob » Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:15 pm

Hugill - Was a decent striker at this level, so it's a shame to miss out on him. My reservations with him were purely financial, he was on decent wages and the amount Spam were asking for wasn't in the realm of what we could afford. We can only hope Dykes was the cheaper version who we get a similar return from.

Izzy Brown - Gone to Wednesday. From what I've heard, he was a bit of trouble, so maybe we avoided that.

Goode - can understand him going to the beez, although it would've been nice to have a up and coming CB.

Rob Dickie - Toon appear to be in for him, so I guess that'll cool our interest.

Dykes - I mean, fingers crossed we got the right guy for us. His rate of return in Scotland doesn't fill me with much confidence, but he was playing a very poor Livingston team.
His goals for the season are mostly bread and butter finishes (based on this video), but it's positive he got himself in the right positions to finish them.

We haven't been linked with too many other players, but hopefully we've got some irons in the fire

WA Hoop
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by WA Hoop » Thu Aug 20, 2020 1:43 am

deadendjob wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:15 pm
Hugill - Was a decent striker at this level, so it's a shame to miss out on him. My reservations with him were purely financial, he was on decent wages and the amount Spam were asking for wasn't in the realm of what we could afford. We can only hope Dykes was the cheaper version who we get a similar return from.

Izzy Brown - Gone to Wednesday. From what I've heard, he was a bit of trouble, so maybe we avoided that.

Goode - can understand him going to the beez, although it would've been nice to have a up and coming CB.

Rob Dickie - Toon appear to be in for him, so I guess that'll cool our interest.

Dykes - I mean, fingers crossed we got the right guy for us. His rate of return in Scotland doesn't fill me with much confidence, but he was playing a very poor Livingston team.
His goals for the season are mostly bread and butter finishes (based on this video), but it's positive he got himself in the right positions to finish them.

We haven't been linked with too many other players, but hopefully we've got some irons in the fire
A bit like Clive Allen then and let's not forget Gary Lineker forged an entire career on those sort of finishes :wink:
Question everything.

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:24 am

WA Hoop wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 1:43 am
deadendjob wrote:

A bit like Clive Allen then and let's not forget Gary Lineker forged an entire career on those sort of finishes :wink:
Jimmy Greaves moved into the six yard box as soon as the kick off as taken and never moved from it until he had scored for his career. (Hyperbole, I know)
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

ZENITH R

Post by ZENITH R » Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:38 am

Well, I'm really excited about the signing of Lyndon Dykes.

I can't wait to see what he can do in the hoops.
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:12 am

ZENITH R wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:38 am

He might just what we have been looking for alongside Ramkilde.

ZENITH R

Post by ZENITH R » Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:40 am

Esox Lucius wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:12 am
ZENITH R wrote:

Ramkilde is a bit of an unknown quantity, but it would be great to see a striking partnership again - akin to Allen and Goddard, Gallen and Furlong and even (though they weren't ours) Hugill and Wells.
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Thu Aug 20, 2020 1:02 pm

ZENITH R wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:40 am
Esox Lucius wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:12 am
ZENITH R wrote:

Ramkilde is a bit of an unknown quantity, but it would be great to see a striking partnership again - akin to Allen and Goddard, Gallen and Furlong and even (though they weren't ours) Hugill and Wells.
I would be reasonably confident that if NW & QPR staff saw something in him that, based on most outcomes under them, he won't let us down even if he doesn't hit the heady heights. Looking back, Mlakar was a banker bet if we couldn't get Wells & Hugill.

UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by UxbridgeR » Thu Aug 20, 2020 1:30 pm

deadendjob wrote:
This is pretty much how I feel about him. As Satch said earlier in the thread, this does have a whiff of Conor Washington about it, in the sense that he's basically had one good season that's catapulted him into the spotlight. He does seem to have a good return in terms of assists as well as goals so that's encouraging. The fee and the length of contract show they've obviously think they've seen something in him, so let's hope they're right.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Thu Aug 20, 2020 1:30 pm

I've expected to see two strikers brought in this summer. Dykes will obviously be first choice when we play a lone striker but I'd like to see us find a second striker who'd play the Scott Dobbie role with Dykes, as per their successful partnership together at QotS, to give us a two striker option.

From what I've seen of Oteh, I don't think he's ready and needs a further season long loan. I would imagine Ramkilde would benefit from games so perhaps a half season loan for him too.