PNE V QPR

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

old pauline
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Re: PNE V QPR

Post by old pauline » Sat Mar 07, 2020 4:50 pm

Must be brilliant tactics from Warbs to come from behind to lead 3-1 with ten men. Fantastic for a team to do that. Well done the players and manager
Come on you Sooopa ........

patrickqpr
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by patrickqpr » Sat Mar 07, 2020 4:57 pm

That was a pleasant surprise. We are on quite a run of form. And 50 points reached with 9 games to go.

Andy_N19
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Andy_N19 » Sat Mar 07, 2020 5:01 pm

Wow I didn't see that coming.
Staff Benda Bilili

222gers
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Sat Mar 07, 2020 5:03 pm

What a fabulous result ! Hearty congratulations to all the lads and to those that trekked up to Preston to see the game.

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Sat Mar 07, 2020 5:10 pm

Amos and Chair coming on in the second half, together with a change of formation to a diamond midfield really worked. Never let it be said that Warburton doesn't have a plan B.

Look forward to seeing Manning and Eze's goals. Both are beautifully executed.

222gers
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Sat Mar 07, 2020 5:13 pm

Just watched Final Score for the first time in ages, every time they went to a non Prem match they would then breathlessly say “and it's STRAIGHT back to the Premiership” as if they are doing us a favour by deigning to comment on a mere Championship game.

Rbee
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Rbee » Sat Mar 07, 2020 5:20 pm

Excellent result especially after going one down and losing Cameron.

A shame we will lose so many in the summer because with a little more consistency we would be in with a shout

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Sat Mar 07, 2020 5:26 pm

I must make special mention of Grant Hall who had a heroic second half. Not only did he score our first but was an absolute beast in defence after Cameron was sent off. He won 14 aerials which is a big stat. Possibly his best performance of the season and he'll have given the management something to think about given his contract is up in the summer.

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Sat Mar 07, 2020 5:30 pm

I expect Steptoe won't be able to post, regarding the praise he would have undoubtedly showered this performance with, due to having to self isolate.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

Satch
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Sat Mar 07, 2020 8:27 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 5:30 pm
I expect Steptoe won't be able to post, regarding the praise he would have undoubtedly showered this performance with, due to having to self isolate.
The prick will be furious we came back from a goal behind.
Giorgio wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 4:46 pm
Satch wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 4:45 pm
Giorgio wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 4:28 pm

...May be one day even the manager will understand that... :roll: :roll: :roll:
You were saying?
he is not a LB...by the way 3-1 up now... aniclap
Disagree, i think he's a L1 centre midfielder and L2 Left midfielder but i think he might be a premier league left back. He's raw, when he has a bad game, he has a really bad game but i think he's extremely promising in the role and can get forward with the best of them. Another player our fans seem really keen to get on the back of.

Hunter S Thompson
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by Hunter S Thompson » Sat Mar 07, 2020 8:54 pm

Giorgio wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 4:46 pm
Satch wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 4:45 pm
Giorgio wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 4:28 pm

...May be one day even the manager will understand that... :roll: :roll: :roll:
You were saying?
he is not a LB...by the way 3-1 up now... aniclap
He’s NOT a left back. He’s a striker 😃
QPR shit but local

Damien
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Damien » Sat Mar 07, 2020 9:25 pm

Feckin brilliant result. Another hoodoo broken. Really starting to warm to this team(which will please some :wink:). Take a bow MW and the boys 8)

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Sat Mar 07, 2020 9:39 pm

Despite being at Rangers for over 5 years now, Ryan Manning may not have claimed a position as his own. Although he's played his best football for us this season at LB there continues to be nagging doubts about him there. This was shown in today's game. In the first half we saw his positional weaknesses as he was beaten time and again by diagonal passes. In the second he was better defensively and showed what he can do going forward. His goal was sublime.

Left back, wing back, defensive midfield, attacking midfield, left midfield, even striker - he's played there for Ireland's U23s. We've all got a position for Manning, but it seems he's not got one for himself.

trevsinclair85
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by trevsinclair85 » Sun Mar 08, 2020 10:18 am

dm wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 9:39 pm
Despite being at Rangers for over 5 years now, Ryan Manning may not have claimed a position as his own. Although he's played his best football for us this season at LB there continues to be nagging doubts about him there. This was shown in today's game. In the first half we saw his positional weaknesses as he was beaten time and again by diagonal passes. In the second he was better defensively and showed what he can do going forward. His goal was sublime.

Left back, wing back, defensive midfield, attacking midfield, left midfield, even striker - he's played there for Ireland's U23s. We've all got a position for Manning, but it seems he's not got one for himself.
In our setup, I’d play Manning Left Mid, instead of Pugh. Problem is, Wallace isn’t up to it so we need a good left back if we are to move Manning. Manning Left Mid, with Bright right mid, Eze as the 10, and Ball and Cameron as the holding mids, and then introduce Chair/Amos as we are doing, is a good setup.

ZENITH R

Post by ZENITH R » Sun Mar 08, 2020 5:20 pm

trevsinclair85 wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 10:18 am
dm wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 9:39 pm

In our setup, I’d play Manning Left Mid, instead of Pugh. Problem is, Wallace isn’t up to it so we need a good left back if we are to move Manning. Manning Left Mid, with Bright right mid, Eze as the 10, and Ball and Cameron as the holding mids, and then introduce Chair/Amos as we are doing, is a good setup.
My only concern about Wallace would be his fitness. If we want him to play as a traditional left back I think he is more than capable, but in the modern game we expect a lot more from our 'full backs' and I don't think he has that in his game - in part due to his age.
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.