Match thread: QPR - Brum

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

User avatar
222gers
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 5193
Joined: Sat Feb 10, 2007 3:55 pm
Location: LONDON

Re: Match thread: QPR - Brum

Post by 222gers » Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:06 pm

I thought Pugh did pretty well although of course Chair brought a fresh dimension to the attack.

The main topic in the pub was the refusal of the ref to book anyone. I'm all for letting the game flow but Birmingham could have garrotted a couple of our players and he still wouldn't put his hand in his pocket.

Not one of our better games but Brum are hard to beat so not too disappointing.

User avatar
Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor
Posts: 4778
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:03 pm
Location: Dublin

Re: Match thread: QPR - Brum

Post by Giorgio » Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:59 pm

..we should have won...but I get the point at the end...cos I was afraid that something could happened in the dying minutes and end with nothing...
especially with that piss poor ref....and linos.......guess last Tue was supposed to be the worst ref in the League but this one has topped the list... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

User avatar
Montag
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger
Posts: 4708
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:26 pm

Re: Match thread: QPR - Brum

Post by Montag » Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:44 pm

Should've won today. Very poor officials. Disallowed our goal which was admittedly, slightly offside. Allowed their first which was blatantly offside. As has been mentioned already some extremely lenient reffing today. All sorts of poor decisions to be frank. Had we won, then we would have been 7 points adrift of the play offs. Not insurmountable over 10 games. 9 points probably is. Fat lady - mouth is open wide. But last weeks ref gave us a break with the disallowed goal (rare that). The refs giveth and the refs taketh away. Usually taketh in our case.
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."
Richard III, Act IV, W. Shakespeare

jimjams
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger
Posts: 644
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:50 pm

Re: Match thread: QPR - Brum

Post by jimjams » Sun Mar 01, 2020 2:12 am

Satch wrote: ↑
Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:55 pm
Andy_N19 wrote: ↑
Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:43 pm
We've done our 2 goal shuffle again. By the way why wasn't Chair on from the offπŸ˜•
He hasn't started in a few weeks. I assume MW feels Pugh offers Manning a bit more cover, maybe?
During the Q&A video he did with Les Ferdinand and Lee Hoos, Mark Warburton said he'd rested Chair because he was tired.

User avatar
dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007
Posts: 13528
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:21 pm
Location: Just over the border...

Re: Match thread: QPR - Brum

Post by dm » Sun Mar 01, 2020 11:46 am

We were robbed by the Ellerslie Road lino. See the short highlights on Youtube to see our first half disallowed goal. Freeze the film at the point Rangel passes to Hugill and you'll see the last defender and Hugill are level. If anything, the defender is slightly ahead of Hugill. The goal should not have been ruled out.


User avatar
ZENITH R
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 9273
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:40 pm
Location: North Derbyshire

Re: Match thread: QPR - Brum

Post by ZENITH R » Sun Mar 01, 2020 1:37 pm

And what about the penalty? Their defender had hold of BOS's arm and pulled him back - a clear foul
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

User avatar
Montag
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger
Posts: 4708
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:26 pm

Re: Match thread: QPR - Brum

Post by Montag » Sun Mar 01, 2020 6:44 pm

ZENITH R wrote: ↑
Sun Mar 01, 2020 1:37 pm
And what about the penalty? Their defender had hold of BOS's arm and pulled him back - a clear foul
There was also the defender diving on the ball with his hands in the first half. Clear pen. For a moment, I thought it was their keeper, it was so blatant. The camera is slow on their first goal but their player had to be offside when the ball was played. No-one can move that quick. The lino was there FFS. Sheiser officials. I've scraped better things off my shoe.
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."
Richard III, Act IV, W. Shakespeare

Satch
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger
Posts: 3884
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:34 am
Location: New York City

Re: Match thread: QPR - Brum

Post by Satch » Mon Mar 02, 2020 1:01 am

jimjams wrote: ↑
Sun Mar 01, 2020 2:12 am
Satch wrote: ↑
Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:55 pm
Andy_N19 wrote: ↑
Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:43 pm
We've done our 2 goal shuffle again. By the way why wasn't Chair on from the offπŸ˜•
He hasn't started in a few weeks. I assume MW feels Pugh offers Manning a bit more cover, maybe?
During the Q&A video he did with Les Ferdinand and Lee Hoos, Mark Warburton said he'd rested Chair because he was tired.
He can't still be tired?

User avatar
qprhoops81
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger
Posts: 1127
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:09 pm
Location: Buckland

Re: Match thread: QPR - Brum

Post by qprhoops81 » Mon Mar 02, 2020 7:28 pm

Conspiracy theory..... I think chair is being rested as with Eze and Bos likely to leave we want to keep chair. If his good form continues we could lose all three. We want him to replace Eze
Image
The problem with quotations on the internet is, you don't know whether they're accurate. - Abraham Lincoln

User avatar
Andy_N19
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger
Posts: 3823
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:37 pm

Re: Match thread: QPR - Brum

Post by Andy_N19 » Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:39 pm

Let's be honest, out of our fab 3 only Eze is Premiership ready at a push,
BOS is still too raw and Chair also.
Still, it's a problem that I'd prefer than not for Rangers.
Staff Benda Bilili

User avatar
n22hoop
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 1537
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 9:09 am
Location: bounds green

Re: Match thread: QPR - Brum

Post by n22hoop » Tue Mar 03, 2020 6:38 am

Andy_N19 wrote: ↑
Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:39 pm
Let's be honest, out of our fab 3 only Eze is Premiership ready at a push,
BOS is still too raw and Chair also.
Still, it's a problem that I'd prefer than not for Rangers.
I don't think Eze is ready for the Premiership yet. He needs another season or two in the Championship with a competing team (e.g. a West Brom or Leeds) where he continues to develop into a player who can deal with the pressure & dominate a game etc. I think he'd disappear in the Premiership.
"Football is the love of form. A spectacle that scarcely leaves a trace in the memory and does not enrich or impoverish knowledge. This is its appeal : it is exciting and empty." Mario Vargas Llosa

User avatar
ZENITH R
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 9273
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:40 pm
Location: North Derbyshire

Re: Match thread: QPR - Brum

Post by ZENITH R » Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:27 pm

n22hoop wrote: ↑
Tue Mar 03, 2020 6:38 am
Andy_N19 wrote: ↑
Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:39 pm
Let's be honest, out of our fab 3 only Eze is Premiership ready at a push,
BOS is still too raw and Chair also.
Still, it's a problem that I'd prefer than not for Rangers.
I don't think Eze is ready for the Premiership yet. He needs another season or two in the Championship with a competing team (e.g. a West Brom or Leeds) where he continues to develop into a player who can deal with the pressure & dominate a game etc. I think he'd disappear in the Premiership.
I think they would all benefit from another year at QPR. That is looking at them as footballers and their long term development, I think another season playing together could be a bit special. The flip side is ... we need the money and won't turn down anything approaching a half decent bid.
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 6542
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:35 pm
Location: Reading

Re: Match thread: QPR - Brum

Post by QPR_John » Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:56 pm

n22hoop wrote: ↑
Tue Mar 03, 2020 6:38 am
Andy_N19 wrote: ↑
Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:39 pm
Let's be honest, out of our fab 3 only Eze is Premiership ready at a push,
BOS is still too raw and Chair also.
Still, it's a problem that I'd prefer than not for Rangers.
I don't think Eze is ready for the Premiership yet. He needs another season or two in the Championship with a competing team (e.g. a West Brom or Leeds) where he continues to develop into a player who can deal with the pressure & dominate a game etc. I think he'd disappear in the Premiership.
I hope we will not sell him to another championship team.

User avatar
deadendjob
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 5517
Joined: Sat May 19, 2012 2:56 pm
Location: Auckland, New Zealand

Re: Match thread: QPR - Brum

Post by deadendjob » Tue Mar 03, 2020 5:33 pm

dm wrote: ↑
Sun Mar 01, 2020 11:46 am
We were robbed by the Ellerslie Road lino. See the short highlights on Youtube to see our first half disallowed goal. Freeze the film at the point Rangel passes to Hugill and you'll see the last defender and Hugill are level. If anything, the defender is slightly ahead of Hugill. The goal should not have been ruled out.
Yeah I thought that too and I thought theirs was offside (although it's hard to see with the camera work)
Image

User avatar
Systemsguy
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 5462
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:19 pm

Re: Match thread: QPR - Brum

Post by Systemsguy » Tue Mar 03, 2020 6:09 pm

ZENITH R wrote: ↑
Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:27 pm
n22hoop wrote: ↑
Tue Mar 03, 2020 6:38 am
Andy_N19 wrote: ↑
Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:39 pm
Let's be honest, out of our fab 3 only Eze is Premiership ready at a push,
BOS is still too raw and Chair also.
Still, it's a problem that I'd prefer than not for Rangers.
I don't think Eze is ready for the Premiership yet. He needs another season or two in the Championship with a competing team (e.g. a West Brom or Leeds) where he continues to develop into a player who can deal with the pressure & dominate a game etc. I think he'd disappear in the Premiership.
I think they would all benefit from another year at QPR. That is looking at them as footballers and their long term development, I think another season playing together could be a bit special. The flip side is ... we need the money and won't turn down anything approaching a half decent bid.
Unless they are willing to extend their contract beyond 2021.... We aint got much choice but to cash in this summer to the highest bidder....
2019/2020.... Keep Calm, no matter the season, we'll follow our team.....

Image

Post Reply