46 points

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

Systemsguy
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Re: 46 points

Post by Systemsguy » Tue Mar 03, 2020 6:18 pm

old pauline wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:26 pm
Systemsguy wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:10 am
Only last week? it was how long has Warburton got....

There was widespread condemnation after the January transfer window shut that no signings were made to replace the likes of Toni and Nakhi especially...

Now he's seemingly the messiah again....

A week (or two) in football is a long time it seems...
That was one person and he got shot down pretty quickly as I recall. That detractor aside I think everyone was behind Warburton despite losing 3 or 4 on the spin.
You maybe right of the single person bringing up how long has Warburton got but I still stand by the widespread condemnation of the January window and lack of signings to replace key players like Toni and Nakhi....

Plenty at the KPFS where I was sat were pretty upset when Stoke went 2 up ......

#shortmemories #justsaying
2019/2020.... Keep Calm, no matter the season, we'll follow our team.....

flatfoot
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by flatfoot » Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:04 am

222gers wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:27 am
Systemsguy wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:10 am
Only last week? it was how long has Warburton got....

There was widespread condemnation after the January transfer window shut that no signings were made to replace the likes of Toni and Nakhi especially...

Now he's seemingly the messiah again....

A week (or two) in football is a long time it seems...
Yes indeed. I don't suppose it'll be long before some say “ 'ere, glad we got shot of that Nahki Wells, 'e 'asn't scored for Bristol yet “
I'm not glad we got shot, but I never thought it would be the disaster many thought it would be. We create chances, lots of them. So, for a change, we don't have to rely on a striker to create his own goals.

Nakhi was good, but he got plenty of service - as would anyone up top.

Anyway, it's not like we had much choice about whether he was going to stay - he wasn't ours to keep...

Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Giorgio » Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:26 am

Systemsguy wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 6:18 pm
Plenty at the KPFS where I was sat were pretty upset when Stoke went 2 up ......
...at that very moment the guy sitting at my side in the Upper Loft (the same guy that left on the 90' when we were 0-2 with Brentford a couple of seasons ago and missed those fantastic final 4 minutes..!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: )...
well the same guy asked me...""What now..?"
and my answer simply has been "Now we need to score 3 ...!!"
and we scored even 4....exceeding my prediction... :lol: :lol: :lol:

notlob66
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by notlob66 » Sun Mar 08, 2020 1:04 pm

My problem with what happened in the January transfer window is we are relying on Hugill staying fit as he is our only striker with championship experience.

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Sun Mar 08, 2020 1:16 pm

notlob66 wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 1:04 pm
My problem with what happened in the January transfer window is we are relying on Hugill staying fit as he is our only striker with championship experience.
I suspect our precarious finances meant we couldn't find a replacement striker we could afford. It's certainly been a risk but so far it's worked. And with just 9 games to go, we're going to be safe even if Huge Gill gets injured.