How Much should we accept for Eze

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

kernowhoop
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Re: How Much should we accept for Eze

Post by kernowhoop » Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:20 pm

A wonderful player and a joy to watch, but, he would be worth much more if his shooting was a bit better.
It's simple. Score more goals than they do.

jimjams
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by jimjams » Tue Feb 25, 2020 3:42 am

trevsinclair85 wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:26 am
UxbridgeR wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:53 am
trevsinclair85 wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:41 am

I disagree. Dele Alli? Kevin De Bruyne? David Silva? Ozil?
Exceptions that largely prove the rule, surely. The last 3 are world class players. Much as I like Eze, I don't think he's in that bracket.
Maddison? Mount? Fleck?
These players are generally known more for their passing range and quick feet than their pace, but I think they are faster than you think they are. Most of them are pretty quick when they want to be.

jimjams
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by jimjams » Tue Feb 25, 2020 3:48 am

Andy_N19 wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 3:41 pm
jimjams wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 2:52 pm
He's not slow, but he is not the kind of quick you need to be an attacking player in a top PL team. I think if Spurs are interested it would be as an option further back.
Which is why I think if BOS continues to improve, he'll command a higher fee ultimately in a year or so's time.
I think so, too. He seems to be on a similar learning curve, plus he's got the best close control* that I think I've seen in a QPR player.

*(of the sticks to his feet variety, different to Taarabt etc)

trevsinclair85
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by trevsinclair85 » Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:07 am

jimjams wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 3:42 am
trevsinclair85 wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:26 am
UxbridgeR wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:53 am

Exceptions that largely prove the rule, surely. The last 3 are world class players. Much as I like Eze, I don't think he's in that bracket.
Maddison? Mount? fondle?
These players are generally known more for their passing range and quick feet than their pace, but I think they are faster than you think they are. Most of them are pretty quick when they want to be.
Agreed. But I’d put Eze in the same pace bracket as them.

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:00 pm

"Middlesbrough have upped the price for defender Dael Fry, 22, to £25m following interest from Burnley."
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

RType
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by RType » Wed Feb 26, 2020 3:57 am

His price goes up with every game. He was outstanding again today, to the point where I think we are taking it for granted a bit. Anything under 20m would be seriously disappointing

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:05 am

RType wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 3:57 am
His price goes up with every game. He was outstanding again today, to the point where I think we are taking it for granted a bit. Anything under 20m would be seriously disappointing
Around ten years ago we saw one player who could take your breath away in games with some audacious skills which we thought we'd be lucky to see the likes of again. Well, maybe not the exact same players as AT but Eze, Chair & BOS are the players who are doing it once more for QPR. Some of their interplay once Chair came on was as good as any football I have seen in over 55 years of watching QPR. It was a slow start to be sure but even then there were flashes of what the team can do among the misplaced passes and by the end we were watching a passing and movement masterclass backed up by some resolute defending and a hard tackling midfield who kept players like Lawrence, Waghorn and Rooney quiet. I thought Dawe was the only player they had that could keep up with BOS and Max Bird looks like a decent player for them but even when they brought the human wardrobe on at the end it didn't matter, we still had the resources to stifle them for the most part and rode our luck when it mattered.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

JC
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by JC » Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:05 am

Esox Lucius wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:05 am
RType wrote:
Around ten years ago we saw one player who could take your breath away in games with some audacious skills which we thought we'd be lucky to see the likes of again. Well, maybe not the exact same players as AT but Eze, Chair & BOS are the players who are doing it once more for QPR. Some of their interplay once Chair came on was as good as any football I have seen in over 55 years of watching QPR. It was a slow start to be sure but even then there were flashes of what the team can do among the misplaced passes and by the end we were watching a passing and movement masterclass backed up by some resolute defending and a hard tackling midfield who kept players like Lawrence, Waghorn and Rooney quiet. I thought Dawe was the only player they had that could keep up with BOS and Max Bird looks like a decent player for them but even when they brought the human wardrobe on at the end it didn't matter, we still had the resources to stifle them for the most part and rode our luck when it mattered.
Completely agree - only been watching since early seventies, but what I love about this team is that they're allowed / encouraged to play on the front foot. Eze and Chair at times nearly pulled off some outrageous one touch moves in and around the Derby box. I haven't enjoyed watching them so much in years.

UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by UxbridgeR » Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:23 am

JC wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:05 am
Esox Lucius wrote:
RType wrote:
Completely agree - only been watching since early seventies, but what I love about this team is that they're allowed / encouraged to play on the front foot. Eze and Chair at times nearly pulled off some outrageous one touch moves in and around the Derby box. I haven't enjoyed watching them so much in years.
Agree with all the well deserved praise here. I thought BOS was immense in the "centre forward" role after Hugill went off too. Watching him close down their entire defence single-handed at one point made me laugh out loud. It's a real shame that we're unlikely to be able to hold on to all three for at least another season.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

JC
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by JC » Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:47 am

UxbridgeR wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:23 am
JC wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:05 am
Esox Lucius wrote:

Agree with all the well deserved praise here. I thought BOS was immense in the "centre forward" role after Hugill went off too. Watching him close down their entire defence single-handed at one point made me laugh out loud. It's a real shame that we're unlikely to be able to hold on to all three for at least another season.
Yes, although when was the last time we had 3 genuinely sellable high quality assets? If we can use any income sensibly - and by that I don't mean splurging on a 29 year old centre forward, however prolific, I'll be very happy.

Systemsguy
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Systemsguy » Wed Feb 26, 2020 1:07 pm

RType wrote:
When you watch such quality play on the pitch, it seems so easy to put an unrealistic market value on them no matter who was bought for what by this club or that.....

There were cheeky flips and back heels last night I haven't seen since Adel was in his pomp down the Bush and how much did we re-coup on him?

Also Charlie, Freeman and Smithies went on the relative cheap compared to the huge sums some on here were expecting.... A player is only worth what someone will pay....

Eze, Chair and BOS should be savoured by the fans this season as its been a roller coaster ride of thrills and spills and the season isn't finished yet.....

Maybe the club might look and think we could have a real shot at promotion next season if we keep them together but every player has a price we can't refuse....
2019/2020.... Keep Calm, no matter the season, we'll follow our team.....

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Wed Feb 26, 2020 1:28 pm

Systemsguy wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 1:07 pm
Maybe the club might look and think we could have a real shot at promotion next season if we keep them together but every player has a price we can't refuse....
The problem with refusing to sell Eze and BOS is they'd be able to run down their contracts and leave on a free. Both their contracts expire in 2021. The same with Manning. Chair has a contract to 2023 so we should be able to keep hold of him unless an outrageous offer was made.

Systemsguy
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Systemsguy » Wed Feb 26, 2020 1:32 pm

dm wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 1:28 pm
Systemsguy wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 1:07 pm
The problem with refusing to sell Eze and BOS is they'd be able to run down their contracts and leave on a free. Both their contracts expire in 2021. The same with Manning. Chair has a contract to 2023 so we should be able to keep hold of him unless an outrageous offer was made.
nailonhead

We have to hope we can talk them into an extension viz a viz Freeman...
2019/2020.... Keep Calm, no matter the season, we'll follow our team.....

Satch
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:19 pm

Even with each player more mature, i think promotion next season is too far off unless we sign two strikers as prolific as Wells and a decent back-up, a new CB probably, certainly cover at CB, a new keeper and the jury is out on Kane. It just feels like it's still too much to do.

I think we have to sell Eze this summer. Ideally, we can get BOS and Manning to sign extensions as i think both need another season for us to maximise the value we can get for them. Hopefully, Chair will continue to develop, in the way Eze has stepped up without Freeman as the main man. It a real shame as this group of players have developed together and are a real joy to watch. The club will need to make every penny count in how it's used to make the sales worthwhile and hopefully, over the next few years we can develop a team that can challenge.

I don't know if it is by accident or design, but MW's style of play has definitely helped showcase the ability of our best assets. I'd wager all also benefited from working with SMC on the training ground last season.

deadendjob
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by deadendjob » Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:58 pm

Although I don't want to see any of them leave, it's certainly shows the progress we've made over the passed few seasons that we're actually worried about people wanting to buy our youth - let alone our players. Aside from Charlie & Freeman, there really haven't been any others.