How Much should we accept for Eze

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

Bevan
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

How Much should we accept for Eze

Post by Bevan » Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:21 am

Being realistic, we all know Eze will be sold this summer, I am fine with this as it makes sense based on our new financial reality as long as we get value out of the sale.

So how much should we accept, personally I think it’s 18mil at a minimum.

What does everyone else think?

UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Re: How Much should we accept for Eze

Post by UxbridgeR » Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:50 am

Why £18M ?
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

Rbee
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Rbee » Thu Feb 20, 2020 12:15 pm

A player is worth how much another club wants to pay for him. If you have a few interested parties that can push the price up a little.

Personally I don't think we currently have any players worth more than 4 or 5 million but I really hope that I am proved wrong in the summer. Luke Freeman for me is still a better player than any others currently on our books.

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by QPR_John » Thu Feb 20, 2020 12:29 pm

Rbee wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 12:15 pm
A player is worth how much another club wants to pay for him. If you have a few interested parties that can push the price up a little.

Personally I don't think we currently have any players worth more than 4 or 5 million but I really hope that I am proved wrong in the summer. Luke Freeman for me is still a better player than any others currently on our books.
With the current squad if we do not have any players worth more than 4/5M then we have no future

whittonhoop
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by whittonhoop » Thu Feb 20, 2020 12:32 pm

Didn’t our near neighbours get circa 12m for konsa after 30 games.

As an attacking player, he must be circa 20m

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:55 pm

The figure of £20m for Eze has been mentioned many times. I don't routinely keep up with the transfer fees of other players but from what I do know that seems quite conceivable for one so young and talented, who has confirmed himself as a top Championship player.

UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by UxbridgeR » Thu Feb 20, 2020 2:16 pm

It's hard to benchmark him really.

Jarrod Bowen recently went to West Ham for £22M, but had a return of a goal roughly every two and half games for Hull over three seasons. Eze's record over two seasons is more like a goal every five. Neither are particularly quick and both get their fair share of assists.

James Maddison left Norwich for Leicester for £20M, but is far better than both of the aforementioned for me.

David Brooks might be a better comparison to Eze, and Bournemouth paid £11.5M for him.

I think Eze's relative lack of pace will count against him in the PL, so I can't see us getting £20M or anywhere near, but I'd be hugely disappointed if we didn't get £10M+.

Of course if it were a top 6 club looking to buy him, that should push the price up, but I suspect it's more likely to be a bottom half buyer.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Thu Feb 20, 2020 4:03 pm

I have wondered if Spurs, who've been rumoured to be interested, have let us have Clarke on loan to sweeten us up for a deal for EZE, and perhaps might even put Clarke into the deal itself.

deadendjob
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by deadendjob » Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:34 pm

dm wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 4:03 pm
I have wondered if Spurs, who've been rumoured to be interested, have let us have Clarke on loan to sweeten us up for a deal for EZE, and perhaps might even put Clarke into the deal itself.
Clarke's valued at £10m (Said by MW in an interview recently). I can't see us getting him as part of the deal.

Mr Beef
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Mr Beef » Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:08 pm

deadendjob wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:34 pm
dm wrote:
Clarke's valued at £10m (Said by MW in an interview recently). I can't see us getting him as part of the deal.

If Clarke is worth £10m then we should be looking to get double that for Eze.

Greyhound
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Greyhound » Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:24 pm

If Clarke is worth £10m, then Bright is worth about £30m, and Eze £100m

stainesranger
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by stainesranger » Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:55 am

Clarke isn’t getting in the team, but it’s hard to make an assessment of how good he is because we’ve barely seen him. He had the beating Bristol City right back every time and his delivery was good in his little cameo.

I wouldn’t write him off yet. Obviously it’s hard for him to get in the team with Samuel, Eze and chair on such good form.

Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Giorgio » Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:26 pm

dm wrote:
...honestly ..after watching Clarke...I think that Spurs should add something more to convince us to get him.... :lol: :lol:

Satch
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:56 pm

stainesranger wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:55 am
Clarke isn’t getting in the team, but it’s hard to make an assessment of how good he is because we’ve barely seen him. He had the beating Bristol City right back every time and his delivery was good in his little cameo.

I wouldn’t write him off yet. Obviously it’s hard for him to get in the team with Samuel, Eze and chair on such good form.
Yeah, i think we can assume he's considerably better than his debut and he looked good against BC. He's also younger and far less physically developed. One of the rare 19 year old footballers that looks their age. I don't think Spurs will be interested in Eze.

Hard to say with Eze, my gut feel is something around the 9m mark and there will be a meltdown with Les being accused of deliberately sabotaging the club.

As Uxy says, he's not quick so i think that is a limiting factor, we all discovered pretty quickly how much faster the game is in the PL. He's also pretty limited from set pieces which a buying club might expect from him and he's not a regular goal scorer, although that is improving.

I think the biggest issue will be where he plays. He really needs to play as a 10 imo so that narrows the field to clubs who play with a player in that role and are in the market for someone as a future prospect. I don't think many clubs would be willing to drop him straight into the first team. Ideally, we need there to be competition for his signature to maximise his fee, which may not happen given those factors.

I think he's a real talent but i'm not sure it translates into a huge value until he's proven at the next level. There are a couple of England u21s games coming up. If he gets a chance in those and performs well, that can only help.

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:41 pm

The "quick" comments are a little off IMO. His style doesn't say rapid but I have watched him specifically for this aspect and he does cover the ground very quickly when he needs to. His 40-50 yard times would be interesting (a la NFL metrics) as I don't think he is as slow as people think.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.