BFG

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

PeterS
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

BFG

Post by PeterS » Sun Feb 16, 2020 2:09 pm

I see Leistner is on the bench again today for Koln. So much for wanting guaranteed first team football

UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Re: BFG

Post by UxbridgeR » Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:50 am

I'm sure just being back in Germany made the move attractive for him. In fairness, I don't think anybody can or should be guaranteed first team football, so if he really did ask for that, we were right to knock him back.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

Danish Ranger
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by Danish Ranger » Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:45 am

He was an unused sub for the last two games

He will not get a lot of game time

I am sure relocating to Germany was key to the move

deadendjob
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by deadendjob » Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:12 pm

I mean, he's only just joined the team. It takes a while to bring players into the first team - even as new signings. You don't want to upset to apple cart etc.

SM
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by SM » Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:56 am

Agree with the above. I think that moving back home to Germany was a big factor in the move.

Doesn’t look like he will be getting regular first team football for some time though. Will be interesting to see what happens there, as I believe they have an option to take him permanently in the summer.
Isle Of Wight R'ssssssssss

Rbee
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Rbee » Wed Feb 19, 2020 12:09 pm

Just reading that Grant Hall is out of contract in the summer

Satch
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:20 pm

I think Grant has shown that his chronic injury issues are behind him and i think he'd be worth keeping. I'm hoping he'll look a bit more assured next Barbet as he's been a bit erratic but also had a blinder or two.

I don't really understand the schadenfreude, i think we were more keen to move him on than he was to move and that has been the case for a while. I really hope he does well there for everyone's benefit. Everytime a player moves, for whatever reason our fans seem to relish them doing poorly.

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by QPR_John » Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:13 pm

Satch wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:20 pm
I think Grant has shown that his chronic injury issues are behind him and i think he'd be worth keeping. I'm hoping he'll look a bit more assured next Barbet as he's been a bit erratic but also had a blinder or two.

I don't really understand the schadenfreude, i think we were more keen to move him on than he was to move and that has been the case for a while. I really hope he does well there for everyone's benefit. Everytime a player moves, for whatever reason our fans seem to relish them doing poorly.
Is it simply a case of not wanting players of other clubs to do well.

Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Giorgio » Sat Feb 22, 2020 2:47 pm

...playing today and Koln is 1-0 up away at Berlin.

jimjams
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by jimjams » Sat Feb 22, 2020 3:08 pm

Satch wrote:
We could do without it. We have to bear in mind that it's in our interests for players to want to come to QPR and that means the prospect of progress in their career and a good atmosphere at the club. We should be happy if ex-players do well, because it means that it's a place you can come to and grow as a player. There are definitely some clubs that seemingly good players go and their careers never recover. I think the last three managers have made progress in terms of team atmosphere, but part of that is treating players reasonably if it isn't going well.

To me, and obviously I'm not ITK, the Scowen and BFG moves have been handled about as well as they could have been. MW made no secret of not really having plans for them. He gave them a chance to prove him wrong and it didn't really work out. Offers came in. MW probably would have preferred to keep them for the rest of the season, but if the players were happy with the offers and wanted to go, we should probably let them if we can.

Danish Ranger
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by Danish Ranger » Sat Feb 22, 2020 3:46 pm

3-0 up now !

Well done Toni

UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by UxbridgeR » Sat Feb 22, 2020 4:20 pm

Leistner hat-trick ?
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

Satch
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:38 pm

jimjams wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 3:08 pm
Satch wrote:
We could do without it. We have to bear in mind that it's in our interests for players to want to come to QPR and that means the prospect of progress in their career and a good atmosphere at the club. We should be happy if ex-players do well, because it means that it's a place you can come to and grow as a player. There are definitely some clubs that seemingly good players go and their careers never recover. I think the last three managers have made progress in terms of team atmosphere, but part of that is treating players reasonably if it isn't going well.

To me, and obviously I'm not ITK, the Scowen and BFG moves have been handled about as well as they could have been. MW made no secret of not really having plans for them. He gave them a chance to prove him wrong and it didn't really work out. Offers came in. MW probably would have preferred to keep them for the rest of the season, but if the players were happy with the offers and wanted to go, we should probably let them if we can.
Agreed, i'd be pretty concerned if someone like Eze and BOS were content with this level. As you say, we need to attract players by virtue of being a stepping stone, whether that be young players at lower league clubs, players released looking for a second chance or players who need game time out on loan.

You could look across our squad now and see players in any of these categories who are performing well. Eze and BOS would be an inspiration to a lot. Wells has secured a good move for him and his parent club, Hugill has the best scoring rate of his career, i think we're starting to look like a good option for a lot of players. As you say we need to accept and celebrate this, be a place that players want to come to for their development and because it's an enjoyable club to play for, fans included. It will be a shame to see Eze go but it would be nice if can look on it with a bit of pride, rather than bitterness.

Likewise, people seem to be relising the possible failure of Clarke rather than being excited we may have a player who can really contribute.

In the example of Toni, the best thing that can happen is he has a stormer and we make a few quid off him. As you say, he and Scowen didn't suit MW''s plans, they had chances but it was pretty obvious that MW's assessment was on the money. These moves have suited us financially so lets wish them well and move on.

Danish Ranger
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by Danish Ranger » Sun Mar 01, 2020 5:10 am

Another win for Koln and Toni

In the starting line up and a clean sheet at home against S04 in front of a 50k crowd

Doubt we will see him in hoops again

Well done aniclap

Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Giorgio » Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:05 am

Danish Ranger wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 5:10 am
Another win for Koln and Toni

In the starting line up and a clean sheet at home against S04 in front of a 50k crowd

Doubt we will see him in hoops again

Well done aniclap
...happy for him. He could not find a space at QPR and now he is in the starting eleven at a Bundesliga club, having won the last games without conceding any goal.. :wink: